What is the best college in Pakistan? If you’re a Pakistani or other international student thinking of attending college in Pakistan, then it’ll help you immensely in your search to have an idea of what the best college in Pakistan is based on an admission, financial aid/scholarships offered, reputation, and student satisfaction.
We’ll provide you with a list of the 10 best colleges in Pakistan and look at a quick comparison of the best college in Pakistan and the best Pakistani school.
In 1985, the Punjab Group of Colleges had initially put the first step as Commerce College in Lahore. After a continuous struggle of 33 years, the Group has grown into the largest educational network in Pakistan providing top-quality education from Playgroup to Ph.D. with a student body of more than 490,000.
Approximately 200,000 students are getting quality education in Punjab Colleges which is located in more than 200 cities across Pakistan offering affordable education.
The admission process of Punjab Colleges is designed with students’ ease in mind—just follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to becoming a student at the best college in Pakistan.
- Collect information by visiting the website (pgc.edu) or the college’s phone call (0800-78608) or WhatsApp (03111786522), and make a personal visit to the admission office.
- Get your prospectus from Admission Office.
- Fill out the admission form and read the instructions carefully. Required documents must be attached, and submit the form to Admission Office before the due date.
- Make sure that you have collected your interview slip from the counter after submitting your admission form/documents.
- The interview will be conducted after collecting the interview slip.
- The fee shall be deposited in banks within the due date and get your roll number from the admission office.
Shall you’re interested, you can make an online registration by proceeding through this link.
- Co-Curricular Based Scholarship
- Fee Concession for Disable Students
- Fee Concession for Teacher’s Children
- Fee Concession on Kinship Basic
- Financial Aid for Orphans
- Merit Scholarship
- Need-Based Scholarship
- PGC Scholarship
- Special Circumstance Financial Scholarship
- Sports-Based Scholarship
- The Punjab Group Scholarship
The Kinnaird College for Women (KCW) is a university located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. It is a women’s liberal arts university.
Kinnaird was established in 1913 by the Zenana Bible and Medical Mission. In 1919, Presbyterian Mission Church and the Church Mission Society joined a consortium to fund and operate the college. In 1926 it moved to its current campus on Jail Road, where it grew over the years and by 1939 the college had grown into a 20-acre (81,000 m2) campus.
In order to apply to the school, the admission process can be done either online or manually. Complete the online admission form by registering here (no need for physical form submission after online processing). As for the manual form submission, applicants are required to fill out all application forms completely and deposit them in one of the chosen branches of Askari Bank during banking hours.
- Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Project
- Hayat Trust Scholarship for Undergraduate Students of Kinnaird College for Women
- HEC Need-Based Scholarship
- Mona and Fizza Batch 88 Sports Scholarship Kinnaird College for Women
- Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme
- PEEF Scholarship
- Vilma Nathaniel Clarke Scholarship
Army Medical College is a military institute that was established in 1977 as a residential institution for imparting undergraduate medical education to selected cadets. The college also allows the civilian admission of students who do not want to join the Pakistan Army.
The candidates may report at the following Army Selection and Recruitment Centres for registration/allotment of roll no along with necessary documents for completion of registration formalities.
A candidate can also register here. The date and time of the test shall be intimated on the internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidates will report on the exact date and time given for the preliminary test on a computerized roll no slip. The date once given will not be changed. Candidates will bring along the documents required.
Aitchison College is an independent, semi-private boys’ school for boarding and day students from grades 1-13 in Lahore, Pakistan. It has a tradition of providing an education that uses academics, sports, and co-curricular activities as tools for character development.
The institute is one of only two Cambridge Examination Centres situated in schools (another one is Chand Bagh School), also a member of G20 Schools of the World.
Aitchison has educated former Prime Ministers, one President, lawyers, cricketers, and politicians.
Download the Request for Registration form here and return it with the requested Registration fee. The College will then mail the Application form that has to be returned with all supporting documents within the due date. The invitation for Admissions will be published in all major newspapers in Pakistan.
Military College Jhelum (MCJ) is the oldest military institution of its kind in Pakistan. It is an English medium institution, running classes from VIII to XII. It was founded by Prince of Wales, Prince Edward VIII, at Sarai Alamgir on the 3rd March 1922 and named as King George Royal Indian Military School (KGRIMS).
The college has served the nation with a spirit of commitment. Its alumni have contributed to the national cause with unwavering devotion.
The details of the admission process at Military College Jhelum are as under:
- Age Limit: 12-14 years for VIII Class (a waiver of 90 days in upper & lower age limit is admissible).
- Written Test
- Syllabus: 20% syllabus 5th class, 20% syllabus 6th class, 60% syllabus 7th class from Punjab Textbook Boards; Objective Paper – 200 marks; Subjective Paper – 100 marks (50 marks each for English & Urdu).
- Passing Criteria: Minimum qualifying marks in the written test – 50%, however, the candidate should also fall in the merit list.
- Intelligence Test/Interview: Candidates successful in the written test as per merit criteria will be informed/called for an intelligence test & interview at selected stations. The interview will be held tentatively.
- Medical Examination: Candidates successful in Interviews as per merit criteria will be issued letters for Medical Exams at selected Combined Military Hospitals (CMHs).
The application form will be submitted online. Specimen objective & subjective papers are already available on the college website.
Islamia College, Peshawar (ICP) is a Public Sector University located in midst of Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
Founded by the personal initiatives led by Sir S.A. Qayyum and Sir George Roos-Keppel in 1913, it is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Pakistan, and its historical roots are traced from the culminating point of the Aligarh Movement.
The university provides higher learning in arts, languages, humanities, social sciences, and modern sciences.
To start with the process of submitting of application form for online admission, students should have to visit the college website here.
- Frontier Education Foundation Scholarships
- HEC Need-Based Scholarship
- Senior Alumni Association Scholarship
Cadet College Murree (CCM) is a private college in Murree, Pakistan. It is affiliated with Rawalpindi Board. It is college up to 12 grade.
Admission into various classes is subject to a qualifying written test from the subjects given below followed by an Interview and Medical Examination:
- Admissions in Class V to IX: English, Urdu, Mathematics, General Science
- Admissions in Class XI: English, Urdu, Computer Science/Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology
Entry Tests are conducted according to the requisite academic standard of the class for which the candidate has applied. The candidates who apply for admission shall be communicated the exact time, date, and center of the written examination and interview through a call letter/admit card.
Admission is purely on the open-merit system for all the candidates appearing from all parts of the country and abroad. However, the results are kept confidential. The criterion of the Selection Committee cannot be challenged.
Candidates who qualify Entry Test and Interview are issued Joining Letters along with the instructions and exact date/time to join the College. At the time of joining the College, all the relevant documents/certificates must be completed.
- Medical policy
- Pocket money
- Uniforms/clothing and books
- Visits/telephone calls
- College Transport
- Property insurance
The Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) is a public university in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
Lahore College for Women University, with a full-time enrollment of about 15,000 students and a teaching faculty of more than 600, is a prestigious college in Pakistan. It admits students at the Intermediate, Graduate, Master, and Ph.D. levels.
Fill online admission form here. Then, choose your desired admission program/ subject/discipline carefully.
The online Admission Form is divided into five steps:
- Personal Information
- Academic Information
- Documents Submission (Upload all the relevant documents)
- Processing Fee (Take printout using Download Challan and deposit admission processing fee (Rs 1000/-) in any branch of Bank of Punjab or National Bank of Pakistan. Upload the paid challan form)
- Final Submit (Application Preview and Final Submit for completion of Online Application)
Lastly, take a printout of the Form for your reference and record.
- Departmental Scholarships
- Japanese Need-Based Scholarship
- PEEF Scholarship
Forman Christian College is an independent research liberal arts university located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan founded in 1864. The university is administered by the Presbyterian Church and follows an American-style curriculum.
The university has designed its four-year bachelor’s degree program in accordance with the standards for accreditation in the US and is seeking accreditation through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Students can simply apply online here when admissions are open. Applicants will need to print the form they submitted, attach the required documents and submit it to the college’s admissions office. They can either physically submit the documents or send them to the college by mail.
If you courier them the form and documents you must attach a pay order of Rs 2500 made in the name of Forman Christian College.
- FCCU Scholarships
- Laura Bassi Scholarship
- Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls, Bachelor’s
- Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls, Master’s/M.Phil.
Cadet College Kohat is a highly prestigious military-based boarding school for boys in grades 8th through 12th. It is one of the Elite Institutions of Pakistan which Provides quality education to all segments of society on merit and competition.
- Admission to the college is decided on the basis of the results of the entrance examination, medical test, and an interview by the principal.
- Applications for admission should be submitted on the prescribed forms contained in the College Prospectus. The cost of the College Prospectus and a set of question papers is Rs. 600/- by hand and Rs. 700/- by post.
- The registration fee for the Entrance Examination is Rs. 1600/- ( non-refundable) and the Admission form downloaded from the Internet submit Rs. 2200/-(non-refundable).
- The admission form, complete in all respects, should be submitted to the Principal by the date advertised in the newspaper.
- A selected candidate is admitted only if he produces a certificate of good character and a school leaving certificate from his previous recognized school/institution.
The university or college you choose to go to can have a major impact on the rest of your life, so it’s probably a good idea to do some research first. Therefore, hopefully, the compilation of the 10 best universities and colleges in Pakistan above can help you with the process.
If this isn’t what you’re looking for, check out this list of the best community colleges in the US instead.