Since 2001, Comcast NBC Universal has awarded more than $33 million in scholarships to approximately 30,000 students across the country to help them pursue higher education. Over the last five years, more than 60 students in Vermont have benefited from receiving Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship, totaling more than $100K, to attend UVM, College of St. Joseph, Boston University, Clemson University, and dozens of other higher education institutions.
In an attempt to help in the building and development of tomorrow’s leaders, Comcast NBC Universal is running a scholarship program that provides $2 million every year in scholarship for senior high school students who have shown unique qualities in academic performance, community service, and leadership skills.
Comcast NBC Universal has announced it will award approximately $187,500 in scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year as part of its annual Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program. Students are selected for their outstanding community service, academic performance, and leadership skills. The award, funded by the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation, is a one-time scholarship to be used toward undergraduate education-related expenses. Since 2001, more than $34 million has been awarded to about 30,000 high school seniors across the country as part of the Leaders and Achievers program.
The Comcast NBC Universal Foundation continues the work of the foundations founded by Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal to provide charitable support to qualified non-profit organizations. The foundation invests in programs intended to have a positive, sustainable impact on the communities we serve. Its mission is to empower communities to thrive by helping to provide access to technology, relevant digital skills and training, and inspiring volunteerism and service.
Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal.
Comcast NBC Universal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment broadcast and cable television networks and brands (including NBC, Telemundo, NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC Sports, USA Network, E!, Bravo, and Syfy), premier motion picture companies (Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Illumination Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation), significant television production operations (Universal Cable Productions, Telemundo Studios, Universal Television), two leading television stations groups, renowned theme parks (in the U.S, Japan, Singapore, and a park in development in China), and a suite of Internet-based businesses.
If you are interested in knowing more about this scholarship, read more about the eligibility criteria and how to apply for it in the following sections.
Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Overview
The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program is a nomination-based award, and only one student per school may be nominated by their principal or guidance counselor. Leaders and Achievers, funded through the Comcast Foundation, recognizes high school seniors from Comcast communities for their commitment to community service, academics, and demonstrated leadership. The program is administered by Scholarship America, an independent firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs.
To acknowledge these accomplishments, Leaders and Achievers students are awarded one-time scholarships, with a base award of $1,000. This year, scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to over 800 students nationwide including tuition fees and other educational expenses such as books, supplies, and accommodation.
Besides this award, a number of awardees will be chosen as recipients of a Founder’s Award to be granted awards in excess of $2,500.
The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program recognizes students who are involved in their schools and serve as catalysts for positive change and models for their fellow students. Awards are not need-based. Students must be nominated by their principal or school counselor and:
- Be a full-time high school senior in a community served by Comcast
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to community service and display leadership abilities in school activities or through work experience
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Reside in a community served by Comcast and/or participating in NBC Universal or Telemundo markets. Eligibility will be determined by zip code in the online application
- Plans to attend an accredited nonprofit college, university, or vocational/technical school in the United States
- Employees and their family members of Comcast, its subsidiaries, and affiliates are ineligible.
Additionally, principals and homeschool instructors may email email@example.com to verify school eligibility status and to request program materials.
How to Apply
Follow the steps given below to prevent the hassle while applying for the scholarship.
- The first step is to visit the Comcast Leaders and Achievers scholarship website, register, and create an application account.
- Complete your student profile by filling in all information related to personal details and academics.
- After you have completed your profile, you can find the link to your application displayed on the Student Overview page of the site.
- Use standard capitalization while entering data.
- In case you need to leave the site during the application process, save your data by clicking on the “Save” and “Logout” button.
- Enter your username and password to log back into your account and click on the “Continue Application” button to access your application.
- Provide high school transcripts and other required documents.
- You won’t be able to submit the application unless all application requirements are satisfied.
- Once all the required fields are completed and in the proper format, you can click on the “Lock” and “Submit” button to submit the application.
Once the application is submitted, you can not update any information.
At this time, the applications for the 2020-2021 school year are not accepted as Comcast NBC Universal looks for new and innovative ways to further support the communities it serves. Creating opportunities for young people to succeed remains a top priority at Comcast NBC Universal as it is woven into so many of its initiatives and the work it does with its nonprofit partners.
If you are a previous Leaders and Achievers recipient and have a question about your scholarship, please email all inquiries to Scholarship America at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got any questions about the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship program? Please direct all email inquiries to email@example.com or call 1-800-537-4180.
For more information on The Comcast Leaders And Achievers Scholarship or to apply, please visit www.comcastleadersandachieversscholarship.com. If you know someone who would benefit from a Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship, please encourage them to apply now.