EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 – or mostly known as Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarships Project – are fully funded financial assistance schemes which offer an opportunity to the meritorious and financially deserving students, especially, females and persons with different abilities to continue higher education in a choice of their university.
The grants are only available in a regular four/five year undergraduate level degree program for all fields of study.
To get details about the eligibility criteria, list of universities and other important information, please continue reading more about the EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 to the end of this article.
Education beyond intermediate is one of the ways to overcome poverty. Admission to higher education itself is, however, very unequally distributed.
For example, only 0.4% of children from the lowest income quintile (from the specific age cohort) are enrolled in institutions of higher education, which is far below the national average of 10%. EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 are aimed at removing this source of unequal access.
Pakistan is one of the youngest countries in the world according to National Human Development Report 2017. Realizing its demographic reality, which has a population of approximately 220 million, of which more than half belong to the university age cohort, the priority of Pakistan’s government is to work on such programs that give impetus to providing access to financially deserving and also encourage gender equity.
The purpose is to create incentives for a wide segment of young people to get them into the higher education network and provide equal opportunities for all of them.
EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 is among the substantial project funding under the Ehsaas Social Security Network program of the Government of Pakistan, which aims to provide an average budget of Rs.6 billion annually to 50,000 undergraduate scholarships. These scholarships will be increased to around 200,000 over a period of next four to five years.
EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 cover university tuition fees and stipends over a four-five year duration of the degree. It is an important step towards ensuring accessible higher education in all major educational fields including agriculture, arts and humanities, business education, engineering, medical, physical, and social sciences.
The project is aimed at supporting female education, so 50% of scholarships are reserved for female students in the overall goal of the project. 2% of the scholarships are reserved for them to encourage physically challenged students.
In short, the EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 are vibrant programs that will promote the development of the professional workforce thereby enhancing youth employability factors. Through this initiative, targeting the most disadvantaged segment of the youth population will allow poorer households to emerge from poverty, which is expected to have a positive effect on individuals, their families and the society in the long run.
The program covers funds for the following expenses:
- Annual Stipend
- University fee as per actual fee as per actual
List of Participating Universities
- Abbottabad University of Science & Technology, Abbottabad
- Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
- Air University, Islamabad
- Bacha Khan University, Charsadda
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- Balochistan University of Engineering & Technology, Khuzdar
- Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS), Quetta
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University, Lyari Karachi
- Cholistan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur
- COMSATS University, Islamabad
- Dawood University Of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
- Dow University Of Health Sciences, Karachi
- FATA University, Kohat
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
- Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology, Karachi
- GCU Faisalabad
- Ghazi University, D. G. Khan
- Gomal University, D.I.Khan
- Government College University, Lahore
- Government College Women University, Faisalabad
- Government College Women University, Sialkot.
- Government Sadiq College for Women University, Bahawalpur
- Hazara University, Mansehra
- Information Technology University, Lahore
- Institute Of Business Administration, Karachi
- Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
- Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
- International Islamic University Islamabad
- Islamia College, Peshawar
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
- Karakoram International University Gilgit
- Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak
- Khwaja Fareed UET, Rahim Yar Khan
- Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
- King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
- Kinnaird College For Women, Lahore
- Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat
- Lahore College for Women University, Lahore
- Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water & Marine Sciences, Uthal
- Liaquat University Of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro
- Mehran University Of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
- Mirpur University of Science & Technology (MUST), Mirpur
- Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan
- Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Engineering and Technology, Multan
- National College of Arts, Lahore
- National Defence University, Islamabad
- National Textile University, Faisalabad
- National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad
- National University of Sciences & Technology, Islamabad
- National University of Technology, Islamabad
- National Univesity of Medical Sciences, Rawalpindi
- NED University Of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
- NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology, Multan
- Nishtar Medical University, Multan
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad
- Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore
- Peoples University Of Medical & Health Sciences, Nawabshah Shaheed Benazirabad
- Pir Abdul Qadir Shah Jeelani Institute Of Medical Sciences, Gambat
- Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- Punjab Tianjin University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- Quaid-e-Awam Univeristy of Engineering, Science & Technology, Nawabshah
- Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- Rawalpindi Medical University, Rawalpindi
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
- Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University & Animal Science, Sakrand
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar
- Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Islamabad
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University Of Law, Clifton, Karachi
- Shuhada-e-APS University of Technology, Nowshera
- Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
- Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi
- Sukkur IBA University, Sukkur
- The Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University Of Technology And Skill Development, Khairpur Mirs
- The Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- The University of Agriculture, Peshawar
- The University of Lakki Marwat,
- The Women University Multan
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
- University of Balochistan, Quetta
- University of Baltistan, Skardu
- University of Buner, Buner
- University of Chitral, Chitral
- University of Education, Lahore
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- University of Engineering & Technology, Mardan
- University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
- University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila
- University of Gujrat, Gujrat
- University of Haripur, Haripur
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore
- University of Karachi, Karachi
- University of Kotli AJ&K
- University of Loralai, Loralai
- University of Malakand, Chakdara
- University of Okara, Okara
- University of Peshawar, Peshawar
- University of Sahiwal, Sahiwal
- University of Sargodha, Sargodha
- University of Science & Technology, Bannu
- University Of Sindh, Jamshoro
- University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhit Shah
- University of Swabi, Swabi
- University of Swat, Swat
- University of The Poonch, Rawalakot
- University of the Punjab, Lahore
- University of Turbat, Turbat
- University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore
- Women University, Bagh
- Women University, Mardan
- Women University, Swabi
EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 are offered for:
- Admissions secured on merit only. Merit means that the student has fulfilled the admission criteria of the institution in which he/she intends to study.
- Age limit set by institution’s regulations, i.e., the maximum age of the eligibility for the scholarship is the same as the maximum age for applying for admission in undergraduate programs at the HEI.
- Degree programs allowed by the HEC.
- Newly admitted students.
A student is, therefore, ineligible for the scholarship if found:
- Availing any other scholarship or continuous grant.
- Enrolling in distant learning programs and affiliated colleges (both public/privates).
- Secured admission on self-sustain/ self-support/ self-finance basis, or in evening programs with higher fee structures.
After submission of the online application form of EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2, you will be required to take printout of the application form and attach following supporting documents:
- Copies of last fee receipts of applicant and siblings (if applicable)
- Copies of last six month utility bills (electricity, gas, telephone, water) – (If applicable)
- Copies of medical bills/expenditure related documents (if applicable)
- Copy of applicant’s CNIC/B. Form
- Copy of CNIC (father, mother/guardian)
- Copy of rent agreement in case of rented house
- Salary slip/income certificate (father/guardian, mother)
- If father is laborer on daily wage/shopkeeper/private job, then attach undertaking of income certificate on minimum amount of stamp paper of Rs. 50/-
- Passport size photograph of applicant
- Picture of house from outside front
Please take note that the hard copy of the application form along with the supporting documents will be submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office of the university only.
How to Apply
All students are required to apply through following HEC Online Application System. Click here to start fill application form.
EHSAAS Scholarships Phase 2 Selection Process
- The Scrutiny Committee of the university will short list all candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria, based on the information provided in their applications, and who have provided all the information sought for under the rules such as proof of family income, assets, past academic record, age (where appropriate) etc.
- Incomplete application form in any respect will be rejected.
- The Institutional Scholarship Award Committee of the universities will interview/ recommend potential applicants for the award of scholarship.
- Scholarship awardees will be asked to sign a deed of agreement on a stamp paper.
- Financial Aid Office of the university shall issue the Final Scholarship Award Letter.
- Awarded scholarship is not transferable to any other university/ academic program/ academic session.
- Scholarship funding shall continue for next semester/ year subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Note: Applicants are advised to fill out the online application form very carefully and provide authentic documentary proof of household income and expenditure by the scholarship award committee for assessment and evaluation. If it is found during any stage of the degree program that the Scholarship Awardee has provided false information in the application form/forged/tampered the application form or income certificate in order to secure the scholarship, the university will be liable to take strict disciplinary action in accordance with rules which may include, but not limited to, the reimbursement of all scholarship funds.