Singapore is counted among the top educational destinations in the world. It offers a progressive education system with state-of-the-art facilities. The standard of education is excellent across all levels, starting right from the primary level. Higher education in Singapore are delivered in English, which makes it easier for foreign students to study and stay in this country. Also, living expenses in Singapore is cheaper that in the UK, USA or Australia. Even though Singapore may seem a tad too expensive to some people from other countries, the good news is that there are a wide range of scholarships on offer to help students manage their studies.
National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is the first autonomous research university in Singapore. NUS is a comprehensive research university, offering a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts and social sciences, engineering, business, computing and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Founded in 1905 as the King Edward VII College of Medicine, NUS is the oldest higher education institution in Singapore. NUS’ main campus is located in southwestern part of Singapore adjacent to Kent Ridge. The Duke-NUS Medical School, which is a postgraduate medical school in collaboration with Duke University, is located at the Outram campus. Its Bukit Timah campus houses the Faculty of Law and Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. The Yale-NUS College, which is a liberal arts college in collaboration with Yale, is located at the University Town. NUS has been known as one of the best universities in Singapore as well as in the world. It is ranked 11th on the QS World University Rankings 2019.
For students with outstanding academic achievements, leadership, qualities and special talents, NUS offers a range of scholarships and awards. These scholarships and awards are bond-free, include annual living allowances, and cover all tuition fees. The scholarships and awards are divided into two categories: undergraduate scholarships and graduate scholarships.
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Freshmen (Singapore Citizen)
- Freshmen (SPRS)
- Freshmen (International Students)
- Graduate Scholarships
- Scholarships for Graduate Research Degree Programs
- NUS Research Scholarship
- President’s Graduate Fellowship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- A*STAR Graduate Scholarship
- NGS Scholarship
- SMART Graduate Fellowship
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
- SAP Industry PhD Scholar Program
- Top-Up Schemes
- Tuition Fee Allowance
- Scholarships for Graduate Coursework Degree Programs
- Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship
- NUS-APEC Scholarship
- Scholarships for Graduate Research and Coursework Degree Programs
- LBKM – THK Social Service Bursary Science
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Nanyang Technology University (NTU) is the second autonomous research university in Singapore. The University has over 33,000 students organized into 8 colleges and schools. These are the College of Engineering, College of Science, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Nanyang Business School, and the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine. NTU was founded in 1981 as Nanyang Technological Institute, and was then renamed in 1991 as Nanyang Technology University. It is one of the best universities both countrywide and worldwide, and globally is ranked 12th in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
There are various scholarships offered to study at NTU. NTU’s sponsored scholarships are offered in recognition of academic excellence and leadership potential. A variety of scholarships are available to new as well as current students pursuing full-time undergraduate studies. These are generally awarded to students based on academic merit and good co-curricular records.
- Renaissance Engineering Program Scholarship
- NTU-University Scholars Program Scholarship
- Nanyang Scholarship
- School Scholarship
- W. Barker Scholarship
- Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Scholarship
- LKCMedicine Scholarship
- LKY-STEP Award
- Ton Kian Chui Scholarship
- University Engineering Scholarship
- Wee Cho Yaw Future Leaders Award
- Wee Kim Wee Legacy Fund Undergraduate Scholarships
Scholarships offered for graduate studies at NTU are:
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship
- NTU Research Scholarship
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
- APEC Scholarship
- A*STAR Graduate Scholarship
- Economic Development Board Industrial Postgraduate Program
- EDB Scholarship
- Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship
- Nanyang Fellows Scholarship
Singapore Management University
The Singapore Management University (SMU) is an autonomous university in Singapore. The University provides broad-based business programs modeled after the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. SMU was established in 2000 and is located in the downtown area of Singapore. It has a city campus with a total enrollment of about 10,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students and comprises 6 schools offering undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs. the University has over 30 research institutions and centers of excellence, and customized corporate training and lifelong learning for individuals are available through the University’s professional and executive development program.
SMU offers a number of merit-based scholarships to prospective and current students. These scholarships include:
- SMU Global Impact Scholarship Award
- Lee Kong Chain Scholars’ Program
- SMU Merit Scholarship Program
- Yip Pin Xiu Scholarship
- SMU School of Information Systems (SIS) Achievements / Aspirations Scholarship
- SMU School of Accountancy Aspiration Scholarship
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship
- Bangkok Bank Scholarship
- Li Ka Shing Endowed Scholarship
- LKY-STEP Award
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- Singapore Academy of Law Undergraduate Scholarship
- Fast Track Flagship Masters Scholarship Program
- Tahir Indonesia Scholarship
- Tanoto Scholarship
- Prima Ceylon Scholarship
Singapore University of Technology and Design
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is fourth autonomous university in Singapore. SUTD’s interim campus was situated at the former ITE College Dover campus in Dover from its founding in 2012 until 2014. Its permanent campus, which opened in 2015, is located near the Changi Business Park, and is served by Upper Changi Station on the Downtown MRT Line. As of 2018, it is only university to be located in the eastern part of Singapore.
Students who are truly passionate about technology and design while demonstrating academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit are recognized and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Apart from monetary benefits, a scholarship could provide you with exceptional learning opportunities, choice internship placements and even employment at renowned organizations upon graduation. These scholarships are available to students enrolled in SUTD on a subsidized-fee paying basis only. Students admitted on a non-subsidized fee or full-fee paying basis are not eligible. The scholarships listed here are exceptional in distinction and significance.
- STEP Scholarship
- SUTD-SMU-DDP Scholarship
- SUTD Global Distinguished Scholarship
- SUTD Global Merit Scholarship
- SUTD Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- C. Toh – SUTD Scholarship
- AGA – SUTD Scholarship
- AMP-LBKM – SUTD Scholarship
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum – SUTD Scholarship
- Choo-Lim – SUTD Scholarship
- Far East Engineering / Architecture Scholarship
- Hokkien Foundation – SUTD Scholarship
- JCS-Echigo – SUTD Scholarship
- Kenneth Kam – SUTD Scholarship
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) is an institution of higher learning in Singapore with more than 14,800 full-time and 3,000 part-time students, 1,800 staff, and 148,000 alumni. As an industry-oriented alternative to a broader based junior college education, it equips polytechnic graduates in Singapore with industry-specific skills. The Polytechnic was established in 1963 as Ngee Ann College with 116 students. It offers 44 full-time diploma courses through 9 academic schools. The Polytechnic also offers diplomas, post-diplomas, Earn & Learn Programs, short courses and silver programs for adult learners through the CET Academy.
The Ngee Ann Polytechnic has a host of scholarships and awards to recognize students with excellent academic results, leadership qualities and diverse talents. These include:
- NP Scholarships: open to all-rounded students with outstanding academic results, strong core values and leadership qualities.
- NP Merit Award: open to all-rounded students with good academic results and strong core values. This is a one-time award.
- Donor Scholarships: open to students who have excelled in and have passion for their respective fields, and participated actively in CCAs in their preceding year of study.
- Polytechnic Foundation Program Study Award: open to Polytechnic Foundation Program students with good academic results, and strong leadership qualities and potential.
Singapore Polytechnic is an institution of higher education in Singapore. It is also the first polytechnic established in Singapore. It was founded in 1954 to provide studies, training and research in technology, science, commerce and the arts. It offers full-time diploma courses and a range of continuing education programs. it has 10 academic schools with approximately 16,000 students enrolled.
Singapore Polytechnic ensures students with excellent academic record, leadership qualities and diverse talents are given their due recognition. Therefore, the Polytechnic offers scholarships and awards such as:
- SP Scholarship & Engineering Scholarship
- SP Sports & Arts Scholarship / Award
- Other Scholarships & Sponsorships for Polytechnic Studies
- Home Award (Polytechnic)
- Joint Polytechnic-SAF Diploma Scheme (IPDSD)
- MENDAKI Scholarships (Polytechnic)
- Microsoft YouthSpark Scholarship
- SPRING-SME Talent Program
- Zalora Scholarship
- BCA-Industry Built Environment Diploma Scholarship / Sponsorship
- PUB Sponsorship
- A*STAR Science Award
- CSIT Diploma Scholarship
- ASMI Scholarship
- LTA Engineering Award
- The Batey Scholar Award
- SMA-MaritimeOne Scholarship
- PFP Study Awards
- SP Outstanding Talent (SPOT) Program
- Scholarships for University Studies
Temasek Polytechnic is an institution of higher education located in Tampines, Singapore. Established in 1990, it is the third polytechnic established in the country. As an industry-focused alternative to a broader based junior college education, polytechnic graduates in Singapore are sought after for work or well-prepared to complete university degrees. Temasek Polytechnic has approximately 15,000 full-time students and more than 1,200 academic and administrative staff. The Polytechnic offers 37 full-time diploma courses in the areas of applied sciences, business, design, engineering, humanities and social sciences, and informatics and IT.
Temasek Polytechnic offers a range of prestigious scholarships to full-time students who have excelled academically and with a proven track record in c0-curricular activities. The offer of these scholarships strongly reflects the Polytechnic’s commitment to recognize deserving students for their outstanding achievements with the aim to further encourage and inspire them to excel in their academic pursuits. The award of these scholarships is made possible through Temasek Polytechnic and by the generous donations from reputable donor organizations and individuals. Scholarships offered include:
- Temasek Polytechnic Scholarship
- Temasek Polytechnic Engineering Scholarship
- Industry-sponsorred Scholarship
- Temasek Polytechnic – Polytechnic Foundation Program Scholarship
- Co-Curricular Activities Scholarships
- Co-Curricular Activities Awards
Singapore Institute of Management
The Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) is Singapore’s largest provider of private tertiary education and professional training. It was founded by the Singapore Economic Development Board in 1964. SIM is registered under the Committee for Private Education Singapore (CPE). SIM offers International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), diploma, undergraduate (distance-learning) and postgraduate programs as well as executive education courses. The SIM Group provides its core services through three educational brands: SIM International Academy, SIM Global Education and SIM Professional Development. From 2005 to 2017, SIM Group established and managed SIM University (UniSIM).
SIM offers merit-based scholarships to students who exhibit not only excellence in academic study, but also in sports and the performing arts. There are also scholarships for aspiring entrepreneurs who have passion to serve in various industries including the silver care and the education sectors. In addition to scholarships, SIM gives out bursaries to students who need financial help.
- SIM Postgraduate Scholarships
- SIM Global Education Scholarships
- SIM International Academy Scholarships
- Singapore (Cambodia) International Academy (SCIA) Scholarships
- Platform E Entrepreneurship Scholarships
James Cook University Singapore
James Cook University Singapore is a branch of James Cook University, based in Townsville, Australia. In addition to Singapore and Townsville, JCU operates another campus in Cairns, Australia. JCU Singapore was opened in 2003 as part of the University’s strategic intent of “Creating a bright future for life in the tropics world-wide through graduates and discoveries hat make a difference”. The University is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world and is the leading tropical research university in Australia. JCU Singapore fully adapts the Australian curriculum and all degree certification is awarded from James Cook University Australia. JCU is registered under the Committee for Private Education Singapore (CPE).
James Cook University offers a range of competitive scholarships for domestic and international applicants. These scholarships are:
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTPS)
IRTPS is available to international applicants, and values AUD 27,596 (living allowance paid fortnightly) + Overseas Health Cover, for the duration of 3.5 years.
- JCU Postgraduate Research Scholarship (JCUPRS)
Research students at JCU Singapore are offered the JCU Funded Postgraduate Research Scholarships. JCU Scholarships for Higher Degree by Research Candidates are awarded annually on a competitive basis to the top ranking applicants.
LASALLE College of the Arts
LASALLE College of the Arts (informally LASALLE) is a non-profit, private arts institution in Singapore. Founded in 1984, LASALLE boasts 8 art and design schools that offer more than 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programs in contemporary arts and design education. LASALLE’s bachelor and master’s degrees are validated by Goldsmiths College, University of London, one of the top universities in the world for Arts and Humanities. LASALLE is Singapore’s first local homegrown institution to be awarded the EduTrust Star, a certification that acknowledges LASALLE’s quality education service. It was a lso awarded the Green Mark Gold Award by the Building and Construction Authority, for its contribution to sustainability of the McNally campus.
In recognition of outstanding academic excellence, leadership potential, and a passion for creativity and innovation, LASALLE offers a variety of scholarships to new and current students. These include:
- For New Students
- Kumpulan Akitek Arts Scholarship
- Dare to Dream Scholarship
- Peter Seah Scholarship
- Tan Chay Bing Scholarship
- Future Leader Scholarship
- LASALLE Scholarship for MA Studies
- SEAsia Scholars Award
- The Red Pencil Scholarship
- For Current Students
- McNally Scholarship
- The Ireland Funds Scholarship
- LASALLE Scholarship
- Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) Scholarship for Interior Design
- Ngee Ann Kongsi Scholarship
- Veda Mekani Scholarship for Performing Arts
- LASALLE Scholarship for MA Studies
- Public Scholarships
- A Better Florist Scholarship
- International Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship
- ZALORA Scholarship
- MOE Teaching Scholarships
- Design Singapore Scholarship
- LBKM Scholarship
- Club21 Global Scholarship
- Media Education Scheme
- NAC Arts Scholarship
- NAC Management Scholarship
- Yamaha Music Scholarship
- Loke Cheng Kim Foundation Scholarship
- Lien Scholarship for Social Service Leaders
- Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship
- Tan Ean Kiam Postgraduate Scholarship