AI scholarships are financial awards given to students or researchers pursuing education and training in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). These scholarships aim to support the development of talented individuals who have a passion for AI and want to make significant contributions to the field.
If AI is a topic that piques your interest, we have a range of seven AI scholarships available below. These scholarships offer generous financial support to students and researchers at various level of education who are dedicated to pursuing their goals in the field of artificial intelligence.
1. Google AI Residency Program
The Google AI Residency Program is an 18-month research training program for individuals who are interested in gaining practical experience in AI research.
During the program, residents work on a range of cutting-edge AI research projects alongside experienced researchers and engineers at Google. They also receive mentorship and training to help them develop their research skills and knowledge of AI.
To be eligible for the Google AI Residency Program, you must:
- Have completed a degree (Bachelors, Masters, or PhD) in a field related to computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- Be passionate about AI and have a strong desire to pursue a career in AI research
- Have experience in programming languages and machine learning
2. AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program
The AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program is one of the most sought-after AI scholarships offered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide access to machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence courses and training.
Furthermore, this program is open to anyone who is interested in gaining skills and knowledge in AI and ML, regardless of prior experience or educational background. The program is designed to be accessible to students from around the world, and applicants can apply online.
The AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program is open to individuals who:
- Are at least 16 years’ old
- Have a high school diploma or a Bachelor’s degree
- Are proficient in English
- Have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection
- Be willing to commit to the program’s time requirements
- Have a strong interest in ML and AI
3. Deepmind AI Scholarships
DeepMind, a UK-based AI research company, offers postgraduate AI scholarships to support students pursuing a master’s degree or PhD in AI-related fields. The scholarships aim to support the next generation of AI researchers and promote diversity and inclusivity in the field.
The DeepMind postgraduate AI scholarships provide financial support to students from underrepresented groups who are pursuing research in areas such as ML, computer science, statistics, mathematics, and related fields.
DeepMind has established partnerships with several universities in United States, including:
- New York University (masters)
- University of California, Los Angeles (masters)
- University of California, San Diego (masters and PhD)
4. Simplr Artificial Intelligence and Technology Scholarship
The Simplr Artificial Intelligence and Technology Scholarship is an annual scholarship program that supports college students who are pursuing studies in the field of AI and technology. It is open to students enrolled in accredited colleges and universities in the United States.
This scholarship program awards one scholarship of $7,500 each year to a student who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and a strong commitment to advancing the field of AI and technology.
To be eligible for the Simplr scholarship, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited U.S. college or university
- Demonstrate a strong interest in AI and technology through academic achievements, research experience, and extracurricular activities
- Submit an essay of up to 2,000 words on the topic of how AI will shape the future, and how this will effect positive change
In short, this scholarship is a great opportunity for students who are passionate about AI and technology and want to make a positive impact in these fields.
5. AI Camp Scholarship
This scholarship is a program that supports young students who are interested in learning about AI and computer science. It is designed to provide financial support to students who may not have access to AI and computer science education due to financial constraints.
The AI Camp Scholarship provides access to AI Camp’s online courses and resources, which covers a wide range of AI and computer science topics such as machine learning, computer vision, and natural language processing. It also includes personalized mentorship and support from AI Camp instructors.
- To be eligible for the AI Camp Scholarship, you must:
- Be between the ages of 11 and 18 years’ old
- Have an interest in learning about AI and computer science
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit an essay or video describing their interest in AI and computer science and how they plan to use their knowledge to make a positive impact in the world
If you’re passionate about AI and computer science and want to explore this field further, this is a great opportunity for you.
6. Vector Scholarship in AI
The Vector Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence is a program that supports exceptional students who are pursuing a master’s or PhD degree in AI or a related field at one of the participating Canadian universities.
This scholarship is awarded by the Vector Institute, which is a leading Canadian research institute that focuses on advancing AI research and talent development.
Additionally, the scholarship provides financial support, mentorship, and networking opportunities to help students pursue their studies and advance their careers in AI. The scholarship provides a total of $17,500 CAD for master’s students and $35,000 CAD for PhD students, spread over two years.
However, the Vector Scholarship in AI is not open for applications from prospective students. The scholarship is awarded based on nominations from participating Ontario universities.
If you’re interested in this scholarship program, you can contact the participating universities to learn more about their nomination process and eligibility criteria.
7. OpenAI Scholars
OpenAI Scholars is a program created by OpenAI, an AI research company, to support talented individuals who are passionate about AI and want to pursue a career in this field. The program provides a 3-month learning experience that includes mentorship, education, and real-world project experience.
During the program, OpenAI Scholars work on real-world projects that help them develop their skills and gain practical experience in AI. They are mentored by experienced AI researchers and engineers from OpenAI, who provide guidance and support throughout the program.
Aside from stipend, each scholar will receive $25,000 worth of credits from Amazon Web Services. These AWS credits could be used by the scholars to access computing resources and tools to support their AI research and projects during the program.
And there you have it: seven AI scholarships that you can apply for to pursue your passion in AI. Each scholarship has its own requirements and benefits, but they all aim to support talented individuals who want to advance their skills and knowledge in AI.