Deutsche Akademische Austauschdienst (DAAD) is an educational aid that supports a selection of programs carefully selected from the specific interests of junior executives from developing countries, where DAAD scholarships themselves are one of the most selective scholarships offered by German institutions of a large number of postgraduate courses from German higher education. Courses at this degree – consisting of one to two years of concentrated study – provide academically trained professionals in leading positions of developing countries with the opportunity to participate in postgraduate education and training in certain fields or professions they will.
At present, the postgraduate courses offered in DAAD Scholarships are in the following fields:
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Development Cooperation
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Media Studies
- Medicine and Public Health
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
These courses are available for all eligible candidates. Applications are sent openly from professionals with personal financial resources, from those funded by companies or their governments, or from those who receive financial support from international sponsoring organizations. In addition, a limited number of full DAAD scholarships are also available. DAAD only awards these scholarships for postgraduate courses supported in this funding program.
General Information about DAAD Scholarship
- Available for the academic year 2021/2022
- The duration of the scholarship is 12-24 months for the Masters and 36 months for the PhD (depending on the particular institution)
- Funded by BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) but admission is also open to financially independent participants or students funded through the government or other resources
- Including German Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences
- Internationally recognized for Master’s and PhD degrees
- Providing professional courses for young professionals from developing countries
- Support selected programs with a variety of scholarships (including German courses)
DAAD Scholarship Requirements
Following are the requirements that should be considered carefully by the Typical Scholarship Holder:
- Works whether for a public authority or a private or state company in a developing country and, per se, involved in the execution and planning of directives and projects with an emphasis on developing policies that have a bearing on economic, social or technological areas
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (generally taken for four years) on a related subject
- Have completed an academic degree with results far above average (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) when applying
- The academic degrees of the scholarship holder should generally not exceed six years old
Some requirements that must be taken into account by scholarship candidates in the area of language expertise are below.
- For courses in Germany: successfully pass the DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 language test before starting the study course. Therefore, candidates are expected to have a German language ability at a minimum level of B1 at the time of registration, which needs to be proven by attaching a recent certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS certificate (Band 6) or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 for paper based, 213 for computer based, or 80 for internet based).
All candidates must gather proofs from at least two years of professional work experience and state their current work situation at the time of application. Proofs that need to be attached includes certificates of employment including exact position and tenure, reference letters from employers, which ideally guarantees re-recruitment after completion of a postgraduate course in Germany.
Candidates must also submit a motivational statement explaining why they are interested in attending a particular postgraduate course with references to their current work. They should then describe their development-related motivation and how they intend to make the most of their scholarship and education by taking social responsibility later in their careers.
When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum of 3 courses), candidates must submit a letter of motivation explaining why they applied for these specific courses and why they chose the priority.
Postgraduate courses and/or universities will decide for admission after considering application documents. Admission to a university is a prerequisite for receiving a DAAD Scholarship. However, applicants do not need to ask the university for early or pre-admission.
The selection process for all postgraduate courses offered in this program lasts from the end of October to March.
For most postgraduate programs provided there is a German language preparation class for 2 to 6 months ahead of the course chosen as part of the DAAD Scholarship. Candidates are required to participate in these German preparation classes.
Documents for a DAAD Scholarship Application
The following documents are required for a DAAD Scholarship application.
- Signed DAAD application form with current date which can be downloaded at daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf.
- Personally signed CV with current date. A sample of europass form can be downloaded at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/.
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate course(s), written in two pages maximum with current date.
- Letters of recommendation from current employers. The letter must have a letterhead, an official signature and stamp and must be on the latest date and not put in a sealed envelope.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application. If possible, please attach a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon completing the program(s).
- Proof of Language Skills: IELTs or TOEFL (English), required courses taught in Germany (German).
- Copies of Academic Degrees.
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, including grading scale.
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are required to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
- Complete applications must be submitted in German or English for consideration. Incomplete applications cannot be further considered.
DAAD Application and Selection Procedure
- The applicants send the complete application directly to the according postgraduate course.
- An election committee advises potential candidates for a DAAD Scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by the DAAD team to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. Make sure that you have a copy of each document from the application that is ready, as these documents must be uploaded to the DAAD Portal if you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship.
- The selection process will be finalized and suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Download the brochure containing thorough information about DAAD Scholarships at https://www2.daad.de/medien/der-daad/medien-publikationen/publikationen-pdfs/2019_epos-broschuere-21-22.pdf.
52 thoughts on “DAAD Scholarships for International Students”
How to apply!
Hi,maY name zamatar nouH DaaHir I live in Africa I am 20 years old I am studaY full nersing mY hoppe is a doctor I need full scholarship I am muslim.thankz allH
i want studey Econome facoilta
I need full scholarship so can i get it
I need full scholarship
I need fully scholarship In mphil botany…..
I want to stady in germany bcoz here is in afghanistan is not that good teach…
Hi i am from somali
Can i avail this scholarship without IELTS or TOEFL..
I need full scholarship i am in somalia
I am interested. How can I apply?
I want to study in germany becuase i have emature and i know the lessons are standard their but i have studied in phamrmacy in afghanistan and i want to complete master degree in this faculty .
I want free scholarship of your program in in accounting and finance Master. Please give information how can I apply.
I need a scholarship abroad related to the fields that i have completed in my first degree (BA degree in purchasing and supply management) and second degree (Masters degree in logistics and supply chain management). The scholarship i need can include either in masters degree or PHD.
My name is Nafekush desie azanaw from Ethiopia. I have matrate degree in public financial management from Ethiopian civil service university in 2019. Now, I interested continue PHD program in Economics or business administration and please give me chance to learn .
Is the scholarship for undergraduate or for postgraduate?
yes it is rely interesting to study in Germany ,i secure fist degree in Applied geology from mekelle ,Ethiopia.I want to proceed with Hyro-science and Engineering because i took most course of groundwater in my first degree of studied .if you allow me to get this chance , i am ready to learn in your institution . i want you to provide any thing me , concerning about how to apply and proceeding procedure.
İm very interesting to utielize this opportunity
Iam highly interesting this scholarship in Germany especially the field of public health baceause i have strong related background so any one can help me how to apply and explain for me the requirements in detail
I am very interested to study masters degree in related veterinary feild in Germany
I need to apply but how can i apply it
Am from ethiopia i need to apply but how can i apply it
I am interested to do my masters in enviromental engineering because my country needs
I am very interested to study master degree in related Bs physics in germany
I Ian interested for the international study for the MS political science
I want to apply for the full funded scholarship. How can I apply?
I wish to strengthen my skills in development work so that I can support local NGOs with how improve program and projects funding and execution. I would be glad to receive short term sponsorship towards that please.
I need to apply for a PhD program in Solar Energy Physics. I have not seen any application form submission link so far. Can I be guided rightly. Cheers.
My name is Kessellie Jallah from Liberia my is in population studies / Demography but I am not seen it among the Course posted on your website.
Hello im abyssinia dejene from ethiopia i want to apply full scholarship on masters im graduated grom the department of software engineering
how can I Get Scholarship I Need Please?
Help to univevsty
How will I get a fully funded scholarship
How can i get a scholarship
Please help me
I need a scholarship
First Iam very happy to apply this opportunity second I will like to get this scholarship thank you
To whom it may concern,
I trust this email finds you well.
My name is Maryam Amini from Afghanistan. I would like to do my Master’s degree in Sustainable Development Management at the University of Rhine-Waal. However, I do have some questions regards the DAAD Scholarship Application before I apply for university admission. Therefore, I am looking for your kind cooperation in this regard.
Note: I take this opportunity to thank the government of Germany for providing such an amazing educational program for those who want to build their professional background.
Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convince.
I’m from Somalia I finished high school I neet scholarship
My name is yasmen I live in Somalia I want to understand this university of the free please answer me I am undergraduate of the high school
How I can Get This scholarship Please help me. I need more.
I finished High school may be 4 years ago Ilive in somalia
Is there any scholarship for undergraduate study?
Students from Pakistan are also eligible or not?
How can i get this scholarship any clue
I would like to learn in your compas
Please I need a scholarship and I would like to learn in your campus
I need full scholarship I have MBA & I need phd in project management.
I AM INTERESTED HOW CAN I APPLY?
I hold a masters degree with merit from Bradford University through the chevening scholarship. Am now looking for seeking to to persue my Phd
Kindly advise how i would find scholarhip.
Hello there, how are you?
I am highly interested to study abroad but i have Bsc program in Wukuro Agircaltural polytechic college, studying Agro-processing especially Fruit and vegetable processing tehnology. Therefore if there is to give any chance that i can get this scholoarship with the help of God, please keep in touch with me through my E-mail address
i already have my undergraduate degree and want to pursue the postgraduate . pls help to apply
I have done masters from sociology i want to purse my higher education through fully scholarship
I’M TANZANIAN WHO SEEK FOR FULLY-SHOLARSHIP FOR MASTERS STUDY IN REGION-IN-COUNTRY UNIVERSITY, AT “THE NELSON MANDELA AFRICAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. I APPLIED TO YOUR ORGANIZATION, BUT I RECEIVED NO WAY FORWARD ON HOW I CAN GO THROUGH. I’VE ALREADY ADMITTED FOR STUDIES BUT I’VE TO POSTPONE AND KEEP ON SOLICITING FOR SPONSOR. PLEASE CONSIDER MY APPLICATION.
Comments are closed.