Wondering how to apply for HEC Cuban Government Scholarship and study abroad for a low cost – or even no cost at all for you? It’s no wonder the higher education rates have hit an all-time peak. There are also other things that a prospective student may do to help reduce the increasing higher education costs.
This is the approach that can help you cut some of those costs down and study for cheap or even free!
If you’re trying to figure out how to go to college for free, this article covers an in-depth explanation about HEC Cuban Government Scholarship and a step-by-step guide to apply for the scholarship. Look at these and you could earn a free college tuition. HEC Cuban Government Scholarship is a promising grant you can take to study abroad tuition free.
Step #1. Visit the official website of Higher Education Commission (HEC)
The Higher Education Commission (colloquially known as the HEC) is a statutes authority of Pakistan’s government whose main functions are financing, supervising, regulating and accrediting the country’s higher education institutions. It was founded as the University Grants Commission ( UGC) in 1974 and came in its modern form in 2002 under the leadership of its founding chairman, Dr. Atta-ur-Rahman, FRS.
The commission is responsible for formulating higher education policy and quality assurance to conform with international standards as well as offering institutional accreditation, the establishment of new institutions and the improvement of the quality of established Pakistan institutions.
The commission has encouraged the growth of the country’s higher education system with the primary aim of upgrading the universities and awarding degree institutes to be the focal point of secondary education, research , and development. Over the course of many years, it plays an important and leading role in developing a knowledge-based economy in Pakistan by handing out hundreds of doctoral scholarships annually for education abroad.
News about the scholarship program sponsored by HEC is uploaded through its website portal which can be accessed by the public at https://www.hec.gov.pk/english. Here, you can find information about what scholarships are offered to Pakistani students, both for studying at home and abroad.
One of the scholarships provided by HEC for Pakistani students is the HEC Cuban Government Scholarship. These grants for undergraduate students in the field of Medicine for the Year 2020-21 can be realized thanks to the collaboration between HEC and the Government of Cuba.
Government of Cuba will borne following expenses:
- Tuition fee
- Hostel accommodation
- Stipend (100 Cuban Pesos per month)
However, please take note that other expenses like round trip air-tickets, buying of Halal food, medical insurance (disease or other causes) and visa fee shall be borne by the student/guardian.
Step #2. Find and understand the application requirements
Researching the criteria for the scholarship you are applying for is crucial, as each application would allow you to submit specific documents or complete various tasks.
Here are the basic eligibility criteria you have to meet for an HEC Cuban Government Scholarship application:
- At least 70% or above marks in F.Sc./A-level (Pre-Medical) & 60% or above marks in SSC/Matric (O level)
- All Pakistani/AJK nationals, aged between 18-22 years as on closing dates of application are eligible to apply
- Final selection will be based on open Merit
Once you are shortlisted as one of the qualified candidates for the scholarship, you have to prepare for the following documents with online application form via email. At this stage, you needn’t to send the hardcopy. Be sure to fill out the scholarship application portion thoroughly and double-check that the information is accurate.
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA
- Copy of HEC application form submitted through Online application portal (duly signed)
- Sc. Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC copy
- No Criminal record certificate (Original)
- Original Medical Certificate with report of HIV/AIDS issued by Medical Superintendent of District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- SSC Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence
Above-mentioned documents are only required from shortlisted applicants via email, no need to send hardcopy to HEC until intimated.
In case you’re nominated as the provisional selection, you have to provide following documents including their Spanish translation. You must provide all documents having attestation by relevant issuing authority and Ministry of Foreign Affaris (MoFA).
- 10 Photographs measuring 1 x 1 (attested from back side)
- Applicant’s Computerized CNIC
- attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Certified translation of HSSC/A-Level Marks Sheet & degree in Spanish language attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Certified translation of Health Certificate & HIV reports in Spanish language
- Certified translation of SSC/O-Level Marks Sheet & Degree in Spanish language attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Copy of Passport (Original)
- Health Certificate along with medical reports of HIV/AIDS. (Issued and stamped by Medical Superintendent of Government Hospital & attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- HSSC/A-Level (with IBCC equivalence) Marks Sheet & Degree duly verified by concerned board and attested by IBCC & Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- NADRA Birth Certificate & its Certified Spanish language translation, both attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Original Police Verification & its certified Spanish language translation attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- SSC/O-Level (with IBCC equivalence) Marks Sheet & Degree duly verified by concerned board and attested by IBCC & Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Step #3. Note down the deadline
Scholarships draw large numbers of applicants and if you skip the closing deadline, you won’t be accepted. It helps writing down the dates on a calendar, or insert the deadlines into your phone, maybe setting reminders closer to the date of submission.
The online application for HEC Cuban Government Scholarship will be closed on July 24th, 2020. Note to provide time for finishing and filing the paperwork and the time it takes to obtain and submit proof papers. Incomplete applications without above mentioned documents will be rejected, without assigning any reason and any further communication by HEC.
Step #4. Apply online at the designated website
Go to HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, save copy of it.
Students seldom get free opportunities to travel abroad. Yet this doesn’t mean there aren’t scholarships and other incentives ready to be accessed by potential students – while it may be a gamble to hope to study abroad entirely free of charge, there are many paths that can get you close (if not all the way) to that dream. Governments, colleges, and charitable organizations around the world are increasingly realizing the importance of fostering cultural interaction from an early age in the modern state of foreign relations.
If you’re interested in studying abroad at a low cost, or no cost at all, and don’t mind handling additional paperwork and approvals, you could find yourself studying abroad free of charge, with the opportunity to do one year or even your full degree abroad. HEC Cuban Government Scholarship is a promising grant you can take to study abroad tuition free.
If you have any inquiry regarding this scholarship, do not hesitate to send your questions to:
Learning Opportunities Abroad
HRD, Higher Education Commission Pakistan
Sector H-8, Islamabad.
HEC Helpline: 051-111-119-432 or 0334-119432