About Pakistan Science Foundation
The Pakistan Science Foundation is an established group that dedicates itself to the scientific world in Pakistan. Through promotion and funding, the Pakistan Science Foundation aims to promote scientific and technological research in the country. The foundation has a strong belief that with a supportive environment for science and technology, it can also promote the nation’s sustainability as well.
The foundation is on a mission to making science a popular thing in the country as it contributes greatly to Pakistan’s socio-economic development. This is all done by embodying a culture that celebrates innovation, utilizing science and technology greatly enhance socio-economic development, and inspiring the youth of Pakistan to pave a career in the science and technology department through various initiatives.
By establishing two organizations under the foundation, the Pakistan Museum of Natural History (PMNH) and the Pakistan Scientific and Technological Information Center (PASTIC), the foundation has high hopes of holding multiple initiatives that would attract the youth into developing a career in the science and technology department. One of these initiatives include providing grants and scholarships to potential scholars who are keen on the subjects of science and technology.
About the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship
The Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship is a one of the programs initiated by the Pakistan Science Foundation with the goal of motivating Pakistani youths to actively take part in the science & technology field. Currently looking for its 4th batch of scholars, the scholarship plans on granting 300 young students with the opportunity of joining the Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS).
Talented young students who have shown enthusiasm towards the science and technology department will be selected and trained to develop a career as eminent scientists. As the program is approved by the Government of Pakistan, the Pakistan Science Foundation hopes that with this program, they will be able to produce bright young scientists and leaders of the nation’s future.
If you are a student from a public government school in Pakistan, this scholarship is perfect for you. Not only will you receive multiple benefits from the Pakistan Science Foundation, but you will also be provided with a supportive environment to pursue you passion in science and technology. In addition, this foundation does not just aim to groom its selected candidates into mere scientists – the Pakistan Science Foundation also dedicates itself into transforming Pakistan into a better nation by producing better, well-trained, highly educated youths.
Successful candidates of the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship program will be entitled to a list of grants courtesy of the foundation itself. They are:
- a monthly stipend of Rs 10,000
- opportunities to visit some of the Pakistan Science Foundation’s networks, such as science and technology organizations
- visitations to some of Pakistan’s best colleges that are located in Sukkur, Quetta, Islamabad, Hyderabad, Faisalabad, Multan and Peshawar
- be given the chance to works with some of the best university professors by partaking in several science and technology research projects
- up-to-date tablets with Internet connectivity to support their scientific expenditures
Future scholars who are interested in the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship program are allowed to apply for this scholarship if they:
- are students who have passed the 10th grade SSC/Matric class examinations from the year 2018
- are students from pure-government sector schools
- have an academic track record of an average 60% in all marks
- have an academic track record of an average 70% in all marks for Science subjects (Biology/Computer Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics)
- have verified copies of Matric/SSC result cards, B-Form, and domicile certificates of the student or father’s domicile
- have actual proof of student enrolling in a pure-government sector school
- are not enrolled in any private, semi-government, or other types of schools (as per PC-I of STFS)
Applicants who are planning to sign up for the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship program are required to bring these following documents that will be attached along with the original application form:
- a verified copy of the candidate’s SSC or Matric report card
- a verified copy of CNIC/B-Form
- a verified copy of Domicile (both his or her own domicile and father’s domicile, which is required for the test)
- two recent photographs (colored, in passport size)
- original paid copy of deposit slip
Note: any application forms that are incomplete or contain wrong/untrue information will not be considered and will automatically be dismissed.
Once candidates have submitted their application form along with their supporting documents, they are required to go through several selections, which will include:
- a shortlisting based on the examinations scores candidates have obtained during the school years
- a written Science Aptitude Test
- a paper-based I.Q. Test
- an interview or presentation that will touch on the topic of innovation
Note: for toppers of the BISEs examinations, 30 seats will be reserved for these candidates.
How to Apply
If you are interested in signing up for the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship program, there are several steps that must be done:
- download the official STFS application form provided by testing agencies approved by the Pakistan Science Foundation (e.g. Candidates Testing Service)
- fill out the application form and attach it with the other required documents – make sure to fill in all necessary forms and documents with accurate details as any misleading information may disrupt the entire application process
- submit the application form and all of the attached documents through postal or registered mail – always ensure that you have written the right postal address before sending them, as the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship program will not be responsible for any lost forms or documents
The Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship program will only be accepting hard copies of the application form and documents. Soft copies will not be entertained or tolerated. Scholars who are planning to send in their application forms and documents may refer to the provided address below.
Candidates Testing Services (CTS)
Office No. 4, 2nd Floor
Panther Plaza, F-8 Markaz
Applications for the Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship close on October 23 2019. Applications that are received after the deadline will not be regarded and will immediately be dismissed.
- Address: 1-Constitution Avenue, G-5/2 Islamabad Pakistan
- Telephone: 051-9215067-68
- Fax: 051-9202468
- Website: http://www.psf.gov.pk/
3 thoughts on “Pakistan Science Foundation Scholarship: STFS 4th Batch”
I have been done my BBA hons degree now I apply for MBA finance
Ineed free scolarship Ifeneshed now hi school
For int kermediate students? Any scholarship
Comments are closed.