According to UNESCO (2014), Malaysia is one of the most preferred study destinations in the world among international students. Education and living costs in Malaysia are relatively affordable compared to other countries. The cost-effective and high-quality tertiary education in Malaysia tends to draw international students’ interest to study at this country. Moreover, there are plenty of opportunities for international students to get the tuition fees waived.
UCSI University Trust Scholarship
The UCSI University Trust Scholarship is offered to Malaysian and international students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievements and participate actively in extracurricular activities. This scholarship is available for students enrolled in any foundation programs (leading to a degree program) at UCSI University or in any diploma programs at UCSI College. The scholarship will be given either as a full or partial tuition fee waiver.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees for students with:
- Foundation studies leading to Bachelor’s degree/Diploma
- SPM: 9A+/A and above (min. 8A+)
- IGCSE: 8A*/A and above (min. 6A*)
- 0-Level: 8A*/A and above (min. 6A*)
- Bachelor’s degree (Oxford Brookes University 3+0 and Maynooth University 2+2^)
- A-Levels: AAAA or A*AA
- Foundation / Diploma: 4
- STPM: 4
- UEC (pts based on 5 subjects, A1=1pt, A2=2pts, B3=3pts, B4=4pts, B5=5pts, B6=6pts): 8As & 5pts
- SACE: ATAR 95
- IB: 40
- SPM: 9A+/A and above (min. 8A+)
- IGCSE 0-Level: 8A*/A and above (min. 6A*)
The scholarship covers partial tuition fees for students with:
- Foundation studies leading to Bachelor’s degree
- Information Technology: SPM 6A+/A/A- or IGCSE 0-Level 4A*/A
- Business Administration / Marketing / Mass Communication / Early Childhood Education / English Language Teaching: SPM 7A+/A/A- or IGCSE 0-Level 5A+/A
- Accounting: 7A+/A or IGCSE 0-Level 6A*/A
- Information Technology: SPM 4A+/A/A- or IGCSE 0-Level 3A*/A
- Business Administration / Marketing / Mass Communication / Early Childhood Education / English Language Teaching: SPM 5A+/A/A- or IGCSE 0-Level 4A*/A
- Accounting: 5A+/A or IGCSE 0-Level 5A*/A
- Bachelor’s degree (Oxford Brookes University 3+0 and Maynooth University 2+2*)
- A-Levels: AAB
- Foundation / Diploma: 3.7
- STPM: 3.5
- UEC (pts based on 5 subjects, A1=1pts, A2=2pts, B3=3pts, B4=4pts, A5=5pts, B6=6pts): 5As & 7pts
- SACE: ATAR 88
- IB: 36
- SPM: 7A+/As (min. 5A+)
- IGCSE 0-Level: 5As (min. 3A*)
All successful recipients of the scholarship must maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (full scholarship) or 3.30 (partial scholarship) in every semester.
To apply for the scholarship, submit your application along with all the required documents before the application closing date, which is on April 5, 2019, to [email protected] or to:
UCSI University Trust
UCSI Kuala Lumpur Campus
11th Floor, Block G, No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading
UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Application form can be obtained from the UCSI University Trust Scholarship page on the UCSI University’s website. Complete the application form and prepare the following documents:
- Certified copies of trial or actual SPM results (depending on intake)
- Certified copies of certificate of achievements from extracurricular activities
- One passport-sized photograph
- A copy of your IC
For more information, visit www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my, or contact:
E-mail: [email protected]
APU International Students Scholarships
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation offers scholarships for international students who satisfy the criteria of academic success, financial need, community involvement, sports’ excellence, and references from instructors or employers. This partial scholarship is available for students from any country in the world, other than Malaysia, who are joining APU programs in 2018 onwards. However, current students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship. The APU International Students Scholarships cover only course fees (up to 30%).
Should you be a recipient of this scholarship, you must maintain a minimum of CGPA score of 3.00 to carry forward and maintain your scholarship throughout your studies.
To apply for the scholarship, you will need the following documents:
- APU application form – you can download it at apu.edu.my under the Study at APU tab > International Students > International Students Scholarships
- A copy of your passport
- 4 (four) copies of your passport-sized photographs
- Copies of your academic results and transcripts
- Copies of your testimonials and certificates of achievements (sports, academic, co-curricular, etc.) would be an added advantage
- A detailed and updated resume / curriculum vitae (CV)
- Reference letters from your academic instructors at your previous school/college/university, or from your employer.
Submit the abovementioned documents to the following address on or before March 15, 2019:
- Ms. Lee Ai Mun
- Manager, International Operations
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- Technology Park Malaysia
- Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur,
Only complete sets of application documents will be taken to consideration.
If you have not obtained your final results, you may use your Forecast results to apply for the scholarship. However, your forecast results must be certified by the school you graduated from. Should you fail to achieve the required actual results after having been awarded a scholarship based on Forecast results, the award will be rescinded.
All decisions on these scholarships are at the discretion of the APU Scholarships Committee, and are deemed fiinal.
As a scholarship applicant, you cannot change or substitute courses from one course to another.
The Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL) offers Humanitarian Scholarship to international students from war-torn countries, including, but not limited to, Yemen, Syria, Palestine, Iraq and Libya. This scholarship is intended to ensure that the students from these countries can get the education they deserve. The Humanitarian Scholarship is available for studies in discipline at the Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL). It covers up to 20% of the tuition fees.
Applications for this scholarship are done automatically within the application for admission in IUKL, based on the student’s nationality. There are no specific criteria required for this scholarship. However, international students must provide proof of their English proficiency in their applications. IUKL accepts the following English proficiency test results:
- Undergraduate: 410 (PBT) / 34 (IBT)
- Postgraduate: 550 (PBT) / 60 (IBT)
- Undergraduate: 5.0
- Postgraduate: 6.0
- Undergraduate: Band 3
- Postgraduate: Band 4
- Pearson Test in English (Academic)
- Undergraduate: 34
- Postgraduate: 51
- Common European Framework of Reference
- Undergraduate: B1
- Postgraduate: B2
- Cambridge Placement Test
- Undergraduate: B1
- Postgraduate: B2
You can download the application form for admission in IUKL, from the Admissions page > International Students on the IUKL website. Refer to the respective study program page on the IUKL website to check on the eligibility criteria, as it may vary in each program.
Recipients of this scholarship should not apply for other promotions or discounts, such as tuition fee waiver offered by IUKL.
For more information, visit https://iukl.edu.my.