Scholarships can help make your dreams come true. If economic constraints have prevented you from achieving what you aspire to all this time, the scholarships trending in December below may need to be considered.
Given the number and availability of different fields of study, you can find at least one that might be suitable for you on this list. Due to the short deadlines, you shouldn’t waste too much time thinking. You also have to prepare all the requirements as quickly as possible to ensure you are considered as a qualifying candidate.
Let’s check out this list of scholarships trending in December together.
The Marist College Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing affordable options and managing the equitable distribution of student aid funds.
Marist Presidential Scholarship is available to students who have demonstrated superior academic performance during their entire high school career. It is renewable for four years provided students meet the necessary GPA requirements.
Students will automatically be considered for a Presidential Scholarship upon acceptance to Marist College.
- Amount: $15,000 to $25,000
- Deadline: Available upon request
- Eligibility criteria: Students who have taken a rigorous program of study during their high school career including their senior year – will be considered for these awards. After the second semester of the freshman year, eligibility is contingent upon the recipient meeting the specified 2.85 cumulative GPA requirement. Financial need is not required to be eligible for merit scholarships trending in December.
Dechtman Wealth Management believes a better-educated society is crucial to continued progress. Unfortunately, receiving a college education has become a financial burden for many students and their families.
This scholarship is designed to help students receive a quality education so they can better their lives, as well as their communities. Dechtman Wealth Management also believes that individuals must demonstrate high moral character and perseverance to make an enduring positive impact.
- Amount: $7,000 for two
- Deadline: February 1st to March 31st
- Eligibility criteria: This scholarship is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited American college, regardless of major or area of study. Any U.S. student who meets the eligibility requirements is invited to apply for the Dechtman Wealth Management scholarship. Applicants must submit an 800 to 1,200-word essay on the topic of personal finance.
The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics:
Furthermore, the scholarship will be unique in that it will favor students who apply earlier—who are bold and seize the day without procrastinating.
The scholarship will have rolling monthly application deadlines. Students applying within the earlier application window will have a greater chance of winning the award.
- Amount: $10,085
- Deadline: November 30th
- Eligibility criteria: Students at any education level, school, a field of study, and GPA will be considered.
CFA Institute scholarships are part of the institutions’ commitment to promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence. The scholarships trending in December help make the CFA charter more attainable and allow more people to advance their careers.
Included in the CFA Institute Scholarships is the Student Scholarship. It is designed to raise global awareness of CFA Institute programs among key influencers by allowing certain strategically positioned groups and individuals to distribute and/or receive exam registrations at discounted rates.
- Amount: CFA Program enrollment fee is waived and exam registration is reduced to $350.
- Deadline: Available upon request
- Eligibility criteria: This scholarship is available to students around the world that are enrolled at an affiliated university and have not yet registered for their next exam. Once a student has been awarded a CFA Program Student Scholarship from CFA Institute, graduation or other separation from enrollment with the university will not void the scholarship.
The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides a multi-faceted experience designed to not only address the financial needs of minority students who aspire to attend college but also to guide them through the process of higher education.
Once chosen from a national, selective application process, Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholars receive a generous four-year grant to attend the undergraduate school of their choice and enroll in JRF’s celebrated “42 Strategies for Success Curriculum”.
This four-year program guides JRF Scholars to effectively navigate their college environments, explore career options, develop leadership skills, and embrace a commitment to service.
The program also promotes the values and character traits embodied in the heroic life of the foundation’s namesake, encouraging scholars to positively impact the lives of others.
- Amount: N/A
- Deadline: February 1st
- Eligibility criteria: The JRF scholarship is awarded to outstanding high school graduates who plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited, four-year college or university. Applicants must be United States citizens and plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the U.S.
It is a fully-funded educational experience built on community, connection, and discovery. For four years, scholars receive the tools and resources to unlock their full potential.
From a world-class education and life-changing research to enrichment opportunities and dedicated advisers, the Forty Acres Scholars Program brings the best to Texas for the best of Texas.
And, once here, scholars thrive within their close cohort community and a renowned global network of alumni. With Austin, Texas as a home base, scholars experience the rich, artistic culture that only America’s No. 1 city to live in can provide.
- Amount: The 40 Acres Scholars Program is a merit-based, full-ride scholarship. The 300+ other scholarships trending in December range from need-based to merit-based and offer a wide range of supplemental funding from $500–$20,000.
- Deadline: December 11th
- Eligibility criteria: Applicants are high school seniors applying to UT Austin. The scholarship is open for both in- and out-of-state students. To qualify, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident at the time of application. Transfer and international students are not eligible to apply to the 40 Acres Scholars Program but are eligible for other Texas Exes scholarships.
Dell Scholars program was designed to provide a support system for the challenges many students face while pursuing a degree. Even so, Dell recognizes that college costs can be a significant burden for many students and their families.
Nationally, 500 Dell Scholars are selected each year to receive a scholarship plus lots of non-monetary supports.
- Amount: $20,000
- Deadline: December 1st
- Eligibility criteria: While Dell has a required 2.4-grade point average, the Dell Scholars program targets low-income, highly motivated students who are better than their numbers indicate and demonstrate the drive to succeed despite personal obstacles. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a unique “GPA” of grit, potential, and ambition in their quest for a college education. Also, you must demonstrate a need for financial assistance and be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant in your first year of college to qualify for the scholarship. Also, applicants must participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12 and plan to enroll full-time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the Fall directly following high school graduation.
BYU Scholarships, scholarships trending in December by Brigham Young University, is designed for current students or those applying for admission. All students are encouraged to complete the online scholarship application, regardless of their circumstances. To be considered for academic, need-based, and private awards, complete the ‘Period’ section and the first three optional sections (Personal, Essays, and Need).
- Amount: N/A
- Deadline: Varied for different education levels
- Eligibility criteria: Undergraduate students wanting to be considered for need-based scholarships need to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and send it to BYU by January 20th, 2021. If you are under the age of 30, you must also include your parents’ information, even if you are considered independent on the FAFSA.