Your degree is an important investment in your future, and we know that funding your studies can be challenging. The University of Westminster offers a wide range of scholarships to help students pay for their studies. More than 700 students benefit from the University’s scholarships every year thanks to one of the UK’s largest university scholarship schemes. If you are currently in need of financial assistance to fund your higher education, consider applying to the University of Westminster Full Scholarships today.
University of Westminster Full Scholarships Program Overview
The University of Westminster Full Scholarships is open for developing countries middle-income students. The scholarship allows Master’s level program(s) in the field of all subjects – any full time subject – offered by the university taught at University of Westminster.
The University of Westminster Full Scholarships cover for students expenses while studying in the university, including:
- Full tuition fee award
- Living expenses
- Flights to and from London
University of Westminster Full Scholarships Eligibility
You must be an international student from a developing country and hold an offer for a full-time Masters course starting in September 2020 at the University of Westminster. The term ‘developing’ includes middle-income countries.
The following is a list of countries considered to be ‘developed’. If your country is not on the list then you are eligible to apply.
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
University of Westminster Full Scholarships Requirements
As well as completing the scholarship application form, you will need to provide the following supporting documentation:
- A copy of the letter/email from the University of Westminster confirming your conditional or unconditional offer of a place on your chosen course.
- An official copy of your transcript from your most recent/current academic study.
- A reference letter written specifically in support of your scholarship application. This should be written by a previous tutor, professor, academic or employer (where relevant to your chosen degree course) and cannot be the same reference provided as part of your admission application.
- A deposit of £4,000 deposit as an international scholarship applicant. The University’s deposits scheme for international students means that if you hold an unconditional offer you will be required to make a payment of £4,000 before you are given a student visa support letter, which may be used to apply for your visa for entry to the UK.
Please note: Certified translations of any supporting documents written in languages other than English must be provided. Please do not send your own personal copies or originals of documents as they are unable to be returned to you.
How to Apply
Before you can apply for the University of Westminster Full Scholarships, you must first apply for and hold an offer on a course at the University of Westminster. Once you hold either a conditional or unconditional offer on a course, you will be provided with a confirmation email/letter by the admissions office and then you may apply for a scholarship.
It can take from four to six weeks to get a course offer, so you should apply for admission to your chosen course/s at least six weeks before the relevant scholarship application deadline date.
Guidance on how to apply for admission on a course can be found on this page:
Send your scholarship applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can only submit one email, including your application and all relevant documents. The email header should include your ID number and the full name of the scholarship you are applying for. You will not be able to amend your application once the Westminster Scholarship Office have received it. If you have any queries, please email the staffs beforehand.
Download the Westminster International Postgraduate Full Scholarship Application Form (421.99 KB)
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is received before the deadline date. Due to the very tight timescales the Scholarship Office cannot accept applications which are received late or with a postmark of the deadline date.
The Scholarships Office will email you to acknowledge receipt of your application.
All scholarship applications are screened to ensure the basic eligibility criteria for the scholarship selected have been met. If the Office finds that you do not meet the requirements you will be informed via email. Please note applications that do meet the criteria for the University of Westminster Full Scholarships will be assessed and shortlisted once the application deadline for the relevant scholarship intake has passed.
Please take in to account the following when making your application:
- Your application must be typed, not handwritten.
- Please complete all sections of the application form. Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
- Make sure you provide all required supporting documentation the (the list of required documentation is outlined on before you apply page and on the application form itself). Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Do not submit more than the requested documentation. Please do not send original documents, as these cannot be returned.
- You can only apply for one scholarship. Do not submit multiple applications for different levels of funding or different courses.
- Spend time on your application. You are in competition with some of the strongest students in the world so spend as much time as necessary creating a polished, professional and persuasive application.
- Do not exceed the word limit given for any section of the application.
- Check your application for spelling and grammar errors.
- Make a complete copy of the application before you send it.
You will be informed of your rejection as soon as possible by email. If you are rejected, you cannot reapply for a Westminster scholarship for two calendar years. For example, if your application for September 2019 is rejected, the next scholarships program you can apply for is September 2021.
The University of Westminster Full Scholarships for international postgraduates will be closed on May 29th, 2020.
The University of Westminster Scholarship Office team offers guidance on all aspects of scholarships application. You can visit the Scholarships Office at Marylebone Campus or contact the team on:
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 ext 66977
- Email: email@example.com