In order to foster mutual understanding and friendship between China and other countries, and to provide educational opportunities for young people in developing countries, the Chinese Government has developed the “Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China- Master Program (YES CHINA)” for outstanding young people coming to China to pursue a Master’s degree. For the academic year 2020-21, 8 Master’s programs are available to applicants from 79 developing countries in seven leading Chinese Universities. The YES China Scholarship 2020 is only open to workers of the government sector and all institutions of the public sector.
There are 8 programs available for applicants for the YES China Scholarship 2020, which are as follows.
- The Master of Law (LL.M.) Program in Chinese Law
- International Master of Public Health (IMPH) Program
- Master of International Economic Cooperation
- Master of China Studies
- M-Program in International Economic Law
- MBA Program for Developing Countries
- Master of International Finance (AMIF) program (The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB))
- Master’s Program of One-Belt-Road Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (MOSI)
YES China Scholarship 2020 will cover the following expenses of the beneficiaries.
- Exempted fees: tuition and internship fees
- On-campus accommodation
- Living Allowance
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Upon registration, one-way air ticket to China and one-way air ticket back from China to the student’s home country after completion of the study
YES China Scholarship 2020 Eligibility
Eligible candidate qualifications include:
- Healthy both physically and mentally; not over 45 years old (born after September 1, 1975).
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, at least three years’ work experience, any educational or professional experience in a field similar to that of the applicable program.
- Serving in a government department, corporation or research institution, and becoming a Section Director or Chief of Office, a senior manager, or a lecturer or research assistant or higher in scientific researches. Employment by the Government is required for consideration of application.
- Good English language proficiency, able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS (Academic) total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score 80.
- Having a good capacity for growth in his/her career and willing to promote cooperation and exchanges between China and his/her home country.
- Students who are currently studying in China or who have already earned a Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
YES China Scholarship 2020 Requirements
Please scan the following materials into one document in order to ensure transparency. During the processing time scanned versions of the documents will suffice. Universities may need originals or verified copies upon enrollment. Both papers should be in either Chinese or English, and can not be retrieved.
- Application form (mentioned above) with a 2-inch photo and the applicant’s signature.
- Personal statement of research (A minimum of 500 words in English).
- Copies of bachelor’s degree certificate(s) and academic transcript(s).
- Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s employers or professors.
- Telephone numbers and email addresses of the referees must be included in the letters.
- Certificate of Employment & English proficiency certificates.
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.
- Copy of the passport page of personal information (Ordinary Passport for Private Affairs only).
Admissions staff will review the application papers, and pick exceptional applicants. The scholarship will only support one applicant for each program. The universities or the Chinese Embassy will forward the Letter of Admission and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the YES China Scholarship 2020 winners. When a qualified student fails to apply before the deadline for the services, then the right to the scholarship will be revoked.
How to Apply
- Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application Online for International Students”. Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
- Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
- Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted. Your ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is: 5861. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
- Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page. Applicants are required to select the target university according to Master Program, and discipline is also needed to fill before choosing the major. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
- Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit button to submit your Application. The submitted documents will be the only reference for the applied universities to confirm the admission.
- You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to click the “submit” button to submit again after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received by Target University.
- Download and print the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form.
- Send both the scanned copy and hard copy of application form and all other documents to Chinese Embassy in Islamabad.
YES China Scholarship 2020 Expired Date
The application deadline is 20th May, 2020.
For any queries regarding scholarship program, please write to Islamabad@chinaculture.org. For any queries regarding CSC portal, please use CSC portal online help. Scanned copies of application form along with all other documents can be sent at Islamabad@chinaculture.org. Send hard copies of your application dozier to “No.1, Zhou-Enlai Avenue, Diplomatic Enclave (Extension), Embassy of People’s Republic of China in Islamabad, Pakistan” on or before the deadline Wednesday, 20th May, 2020.
Link to Official Website
Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China- Master Program (YES CHINA)