One of the famous Joint Master Degree in Europe is presented by the Erasmus Mundus Programme. This programme has been known for many years successfully delivered graduate students to reach their higher level of education, mainly for Master Degree and Doctoral programme. That is why the scholarship become one of the favorite scholarships every year and one of the best programmes that offers an opportunity for all people all over the world. For further information on what is the scholarship about, including how to apply and what is the advantage, see below several explanations on Erasmus Mundus Scholarships.
What are Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships is one of the scholarships funded by the European Union. The scholarship dedicated to both, European Union students and non-European Union Countries students. The scholarships focus on Mater Degree and Doctorate Level. Therefore, it is more aim to enhance a higher education academic cooperation between the European Union and the rest of the world through an international study programmed.
This programme offers full time scholarships which will cover the monthly allowance, participation costs, traveling and also insurance. The given amount will vary among each student. Depends on the level of the studies, the study duration and including the nationality. As an example, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree allow up to €24,000 per student for a one year courses. It also offers up to €130,000 per student for a three-year joint Doctorates.
The scholarships also offer six main programmes of scholarships that consist of:
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD)
- Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme Scholarships
- Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Partnership
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA)
- Masters in Research and Innovation in Higher Education (MARIHE) Scholarships
The organization who take responsibility for the scholarship is the European Commission. This organization takes in charge in all aspect of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships started from running the programme, setting up the needed budget, listed all the priorities, and developed the target or criteria for the scholarship’s receiver. Therefore, every year the organization doing the monitor of the programme to make sure that the scholarships run as it should be. While the responsible party to implement the programme is handled by The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency or EACEA.
How to Apply Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Students who feel interesting of the scholarship can manage to apply for the scholarship. Not only limited to the students, but scholars and the guest lecturer are also welcome. The important thing is to note the several steps in to applying for the scholarships. Therefore, for more detail on how to apply for the scholarships, make sure to understand and follow below lists of points:
- Get any information needed related to the scholarship in the University. Otherwise, refer to National Agency to seek more information.
- Consult with the online EMJMD catalogue and contact the consortium offering the Master Course for the course information and the application process.
- Check on their webpage to get details on the application process. One of the benefit sites to refer is https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/opportunities/individuals/students/erasmus-mundus-joint-master-degrees_en , Here you can get several important information related to the application process and types of the Erasmus Mundus scholarships.
- Submit the data through the application database. Following the submission, the scholarship committee will perform the selection. Therefore, wait until further notification from the committee.
- Please to notify that the scholarships application usually opens from September to December each year. Therefore, do not miss the chance to check on its further details on their webpages.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Criteria
To win with the opportunity, there are several criteria that need to attend by the applicants. Therefore, before deciding to apply for the scholarships, it will be better to check on below lists of criteria.
- The applicants shall hold a degree by January to start the programme
- Those who successfully received the scholarship from Erasmus Mundus is not eligible for any additional scholarships under the EMMC.
- All the applicants shall pass the English Language requirement. Including TOEFL CBT Score, TOEFL PBT Score, TOEFL IBT Score, and IELTS Score.
- Applicants shall also include their statement of purpose, a complete Curriculum Vitae together with the academic transcripts and letter of recommendations.
- The scholarship only is given to shortlisted nationals. Therefore, not all the countries can take part in apply for the scholarships. Basically, eligible countries are divided into Programme countries and Partners countries.
- The maximum joints programmes supported by Erasmus Mundus were only maximum of three programme
Put a notice that each country will have the different term and condition relate to the scholarships. The term and condition in Denmark may not be the same within Scotland. For example, in Denmark, the scholarships are offered jointly by a Danish Institution and another European college. While in Scotland, the scholarship will sponsor the students to study at the University of Glasgow. In the Netherlands, the scholarships will invite applications for the Erasmus Education Fund Scholarships for International Students. This difference will be important to notice by the scholarships applicant to make sure that their targeted study will be in line with the offered opportunity in the countries.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Advantages
Participating in the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship will help to bring various advantages. The scholarships receiver will get many benefits such as:
- All covered tuition fee of the selected programme. The Master Degree for 2 years and The Doctoral Programme for 3 years.
- The scholarships will also support the monthly allowance, estimated €1,000 per month per students.
- The scholarships also will cover on the participation costs, traveling cost and insurance costs for the student. This amount will vary depends on the candidate residency.
There are many more of advantages that can be reached through the programme. Therefore, if getting any chance of applying for the scholarships, it is better to try on. Once getting involved in the scholarship, there are sure a lot of things to gain for the best of your future. Furthermore, it is another free way to enjoy a better level of education and more experience of living across countries.
Learn more seven effective steps to get Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. Good luck!