Higher Education Commission will soon launch the second phase of the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program for students who have applied for admissions to the National University of Medical Science (NUMS), Pakistan.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarships are a fully funded financial assistance scheme that offers opportunities to the meritorious and financially deserving students, especially females and people with different abilities to continue higher education in a choice of their university. The scholarships are available for all fields of study in regular four or five years undergraduate level degree programs only.
Two-year post-higher secondary or equivalent programs, two years of associate degree programs, and the nomenclature of BA/BSc programs are excluded.
If you are interested in this HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship or you are currently in need of financial assistance to finance your further education, and you are a Pakistani student with a high desire and tenacity to conquer any challenge, then you should read until the end of this guide on HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship which we have compiled completely.
Don’t forget to share this important information with your colleagues who will be helped by holding the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship.
HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program Overview
Education beyond intermediate is one of the ways to overcome poverty. However, access to higher education is distributed very unevenly. For example, only 0.4% of the children from the lowest income quintile (from the relevant age cohort) are enrolled in higher education institutions, which is far below the national average of 10%.
Starting from these observations, the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship is designed to eliminate the source of this inequality of access. This program was realized thanks to the collaboration between the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and the National University of Medical Science (NUMS), a public university located in Rawalpindi, Punjab.
NUMS is recognized by the HEC for degree awarding status and accredited by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) and College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) for undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and training. The university was established in 2015 and run by the Pakistan Army Medical Corps. Previously, Army Medical College (which is a military-run medical institute) was affiliated with the National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan (NUST) but now it is a constituent college of the university.
The disciplines and the degree programs covered by HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship have been tabulated below.
- Cardiac Perfusion
- Medical Lab Technology
- Post RN
Through this collaboration project, HEC and NUMS hope to create opportunities for a sizeable segment of youth to bring them under the net of higher education and create equal educational opportunities for all.
The program covers funds for the following expenses:
- NUMS tuition fee as per the actual fee
- Students’ annual stiped
The awarded scholarship is non-transferable to any other university, academic programs, and session. It shall continue for the next semester or year subject to satisfactory academic performance.
HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship is offered for:
- Newly admitted students
- Admissions secured on merit only
- Students taking undergraduate degree programs only
You are ineligible for the scholarship if found:
- Availing of any other scholarship or continuous grant by the time of applying to the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Enrolled in distant learning programs and affiliated colleges (both public or private institutions).
- Secured admission on a self-sustain or self-support or self-finance basis, or in evening classes with higher fee structures.
How to Apply for an HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship
The applications for the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship can be made online. You will be required to apply through the following HEC Online Application System: https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/.
After submitting your online application form for the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship, you are required to take a printout of the application form and attach the following documents:
- Copy of your CNIC/B. Form
- Copy of your father’s, mother’s, or guardian’s CNIC
- Salary slip of income certificate of your father, mother, or guardian
- If your father is retired, please attach a copy of the pension book or latest bank statement
- If your father is a laborer on a daily wage or a shopkeeper, then attach the undertaking Income Certificate on a minimum amount of stamp paper. In the case of the shopkeeper, please attach two shop pictures with Income Certificate
- If your father is a jobless or deceased and paternal or maternal uncle/khala/family friends, etc. are supporting your family, then mention that partial amount in Rupee in family income field which is received by your family from your family friends, but do not mention their uncle’s/guardian’s/family friends’ full salary in the application form
- If your father has a job outside Pakistan, then the Income Certificate should be in the currency of that specific country
- Copies of last six months utility bills including electricity, gas, telephone, and water (if applicable)
- Copy of rent agreement in case of a rented house
- Copies of last fee receipts of you and your siblings (if applicable)
- Copies of medical bills/expenditure related documents (if applicable)
- 1 (one) passport size photograph of yours
- 1 (one) picture of your house from the outside front
The hard copy of the application form along with your supporting documents should be submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office of NUMS. If any mistake occurred during filling the online application form, please take print of it and make changes in the printed form with your signature at the place of changes. Proof of changes is also required to be submitted to the FAO of NUMS. Further changes will be made by FAO staff in the Evaluation Sheet and that change will be considered final.
The deadline for the second phase of the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship has been extended until November 30th, 2020. Make sure you have submitted your application form by the closing date. Any incomplete or late submission will be rejected.
Got questions about the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship? For any query please contact on HEC helpline on 051111119432 or 03341119432. For general queries email Ehsaas@hec.gov.pk.
HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Official Website
All students who are interested in applying for the HEC-NUMS Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship should only visit the official website of the Higher Education Commission at www.hec.gov.pk for the most recent and most accurate information about the program.
You will not be charged anything to join this program to participate. Be aware of all possible scams. HEC and NUMS as organizers of this scheme never ask candidates to deposit a sum of money as part of the registration procedure.
Do not hesitate to report it to the authorities or the contact persons listed above to prevent further crime.