If you want to study in Canada, you need to apply Canada Visa. Overall Canada has a lenient policy when it comes to immigration or visa in general compared to its southern neighbor The US. Canada as a part of Commonwealth realm is a constitutional monarch country that runs through a democratic parliamentary system, in short, the state head is a Queen Elizabeth II as a reigning Sovereign, represented in Canada by the Governor-general currently Julie Payette, and runs by a prime minister currently held by Justin Trudeau and his cabinets and together with the parliaments.
There are a few countries that don’t require a visa when visiting Canada however it is required for the traveler to register for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and bring valid identification required when visiting a foreign country such as a passport. You can find more detailed information about exempt-visa countries list here.
For any visa applicants starting 2018 are required and mandatory to submit biometrics enrollment before any visa application process started if you applying visa application online or per mail you will receive a letter asking you to give your biometrics at nearest Visa Application Center (VAC) office from where you lived, biometrics here refer to fingerprints and foto that will digitally record and valid for ten years since the submission and you will need to re-submit after 10-years period has expired, the biometrics is also required for all temporary residents in Canada such as for education or work temporary resident permits. To find out more about biometrics check here.
How to apply Canada visa for Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Afghanistan Nationality
There are two ways to apply for Canada visa in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, And Afghanistan you can apply by submitting your application in person by paper application or through E-application form.
Submitting Application in person
- Read complete information about the requirements needed to apply for Canada visa based on your visa category or purpose of the application at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s Website and download the forms and the relevant checklists for your itinerary. Application for study permit and Application for work permit links
- Fill out the application form electronically based on your itinerary category, the form then must be printed in white, bond quality and non-glossy paper including the barcoded sheets with a laser printer, it is important for the barcode printed clearly.
- Complete relevant checklist documents from IRCC’s website for your visa category
- Pay your Application and Biometrics fees as per IRCC fees instruction. For those who are not able to pay with an online system, you can pay at the cash center at Canada honorary consulate in your respective country. It is Important to keep your receipt as proof of your payment and include the receipt in your submission.
- Prepare your Biometrics at Visa Application Center in your respective country, before the appointment. To find where the Visa Application Center (VCA) follow the link VCA in your respective country clicks here.
- After that, you will be given an appointment and the documents needed and biometric for your application to be collected, please arrive at least 15 minutes before the appointed time. You must also pay a chargeable service fee at the cash center and will be given a receipt with a tracking number for your application and the service fee might differ for each country (based on exchange rate and your country currencies). It is also advised to inquire and to recheck by contacting Canada honorary consulate at your respective country.
- Read carefully the instructions on how to apply for Canada visa via E-application at IRCC’s website e-application. After you successfully finished the process, you will receive a notification for Biometrics Instructions Letter (BIL) and required to visit Visa Application Center (VCA) at your respective countries. find your VCA address here.
- The Biometrics must be prepared before appointment’s date. You will be notified for appointment’s schedule along with all the detail such as date, the location, and time of appointment.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the appointed time and bring your passport, appointment letter, and your Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) that you prior received.
- After the decision for your application has been made you will be notified per email to submit your passport through passport request letter. It is also important to check whether the email comes from IRCC by checking your CIC account periodically.
- To Check more detailed information you can check at IRCC’s Official website and select your itinerary for detailed information.
Canada Visa for Study Purpose and What You Need to Know
After you read carefully every step mentioned above and follow through the process accordingly, you probably have the idea what needs to be prepared for your visa applications and as written previously it is advised to inquire Canada honorary consulate in your respective country
In general, every foreign student will require a visa when visiting Canada, there are some cases of exemption from visa requirements for education purpose.
Before any admission process above you should check first, whether your institution is included in Canada’s Designated Institution list. Designated Institution list you can find it here. After you finish the admission process and accepted in University or Institution from the list then you can start to prepare the visa applications process above.
If your study program is less than a year, you need to provide proof of financial support for the duration of your study and usually do not require medical requirements and if your study program more than one year you are required to provide proof of financial ability for the first year of your study in Canada an require a medical examination. To find more detailed information, you will find it in checklist documents needed for applying Canada visa respective to your country.
Working as a student in Canada usually, require the student to apply for a work permit. However, if a student study full-time program at the university and have a valid study permit, the student may work on the campus without requiring to apply for student work permit and also without work permit the student may work off campus with 20hr per week limit. To find out more about student visa check here.