About Stanford University
Stanford University is a public research university located in the city of Stanford, California. Established in the year 1885 by Californian senator Leland Stanford and his wife Jane Stanford, Stanford University is highly-regarded as one of the best leading universities in the world, with a national ranking of #6 in the United States of America. With an acceptance rate of only 5%, the campus is well-known for its competitiveness and academic potential, producing some of the globe’s most recognizable graduates, such as Tiger Woods (golf player), Elon Musk (founder of Tesla), Sergey Brin (co-founder of Google), and Reese Witherspoon (Academy Award-winning actress). Stanford’s high graduation rate of 95% would not have been possible without its impressive faculty members – a total of 2,240 teaching staff with 17 Noble laureates catering to the education of future leaders. It’s no question why Stanford University is a dream school to both American nationals and international students from other countries.
About the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is a scholarship offered by the Stanford University to scholars of all nationalities. Available every year with a quota of 100 students, this program is opened every year for highly-dedicated students all around the world who are planning to earn their graduate degree at Stanford. Scholars who are interested in applying for this scholarship may pursue their degrees in the DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and PhD degrees. In fact, scholars who are also interested in doing joint and dual-degrees may also sign up for the program.
By applying for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, selected candidates will receive a change to expand their knowledge within their own research disciplines. Scholars will not only be expected to pursue an impressive academic record track, but they will also be required to become creative problem solvers who are capable of facing multiple challenges and opportunities in their upcoming years. As scholars come from all over the world, with a multi-national background, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program community will encourage scholars to broaden their horizons and push themselves as they achieve their respective goals.
Successful graduate degree candidates of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program will receiving a funding for up to three years of their graduate education. However, should the scholar’s degree require more than three years (e.g. MD program, PhD program, dual or joint-degree program), the scholars will be funded by their respective Stanford home departments for the remainder period of their entire education, so long as they remain committed to their programs.
For each successful Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program candidate, they will be granted:
- a program fellowship that will be used to pay for the entire costs of their tuition and any enrollments fees that are entailed with it.
- an allowance to cover living costs and academic fees (e.g. accommodation, college supplies, research supplies, transportation, personal expenses.)
- a stipend to cover their travel costs for one trip a year to and from Stanford University (economy class plane tickets.
Should any Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program student require more stipend for anything academic-related, they are allowed to request for it.)
Future scholars who are interested in the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program are allowed to apply for this scholarship if they:
- are a citizen from any country with official documentation of their nationality.
- have completed their Bachelors degree and Masters degree in any discipline.
- must provide proof of fluency in both written and spoken English.
However, there are a few notes future candidates must take note of before applying:
- if your Bachelors degree or Masters degree is completed before the year 2014, you are not eligible to join this scholarship.
- if you’re currently pursuing a first degree, you are still allowed to apply for this program as long as you complete your first degree before enrolling as a graduate student in Stanford University.
- if you already have a Graduate degree, you may still apply for this scholarship so long as you’ve earned your first degree in 2014 or after.
Applicants who are planning to sign up for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program are required to do the following items:
- Fill Out Application One: Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program. In the first part of the application, candidates are required to provide the following documents in English. Note: applications for this part are all done online. Candidates are recommended to apply using the update versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Background information
- One page resume
- Standardized test scores
- Recommendation letters
- Short-answer responses
- Video supplement (sent after submitting applications)
- In-person assessment (by invitation)
- Fill Out Application Two: Graduate Degree Program. In the second part of the application, candidates are required to apply to their desired Stanford degree program for 2020. Note: each graduate program has their own respective deadlines. Be sure to personally consult with your future departments beforehand.
How to Apply
If you are interested in signing up for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, visit the official online application website to start your applications straight away. Apply Now.
Applications for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program usually on October each year.
- Available Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm (Pacific Time), Mon-Fri
- Address: Denning House, 580 Lomita Drive, Stanford, CA 94305-8207
- Phone Number: +1 650 721 0771
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
15 thoughts on “Application for Knight Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University, USA”
I am irshad khan recently graduated from university
hello sir or madam
My name is liban Salah Abdullahi
I need scholarship program bachelor degree to help me all together
I am refugees in the Uganda Kampala
This is my number
+256795040351 what is up or IMO
Hello Thanks for the information i earned my Bachelor Degree in 2014, how can i merit another opportunity from the said program or another merit base scholarships.
Hello My Bachelor degree was earned in 2013, Rather than in 2014, Please give me detail responds to my statement.
Hello,my name is natnael kebede,I’m Ethiopian im 18,and im ungratuated,and i pleasure to owner of organization to give me this oppourtunity, thank you.
Hello, my name is Belove Pierre Louis. I’m from Haiti and i’m 17 year old. I’m in secondary 4 and i’m looking for a scolarship. How can you help me please?
I need scholarship for MS.kindly
Hello my name is David Yool I’m in Kenya,and I am 22years and ungratuated, it will be my pleasure if I get some help from this board and organization I will surely appreciate the opportunity given thnk you!!!
I am Tsegaye, I am an Ethiopian & I am interested to study PhD in the field of Agriculture (Agronomy, Horticulture,
Plant Biotechnology ), I have MSC degree in the field of Agronomy with CGPA 3.65, so please help me join your scholarship chance
I want Masters in Law. Please help. Am Clement Ng’ambi from Malawi.
If you really want us to study there, I will come and study there
My name is Bedri Muktar Ahmed from Ethiopia I have degree in Accounting and public finance and i want master degree of Accounting and finance or relating fields
So please help me to get that chance of scholarship… its my interest
Phone No +251913931149
Hi..I’m filipino a Grade 12 student a undergraduate student. I want to continue my study but there is a problem my financial need to support my studying I hope you will see my message..please help me to reach my goals in life
My Name Hamdi Ali farah am somalia i live in Turkiye i want study faculty of Bank fanance i hope to get this scholarship i need full help to reach a goal plz help me
Comments are closed.