Scholly was created by Christopher Gray, who won $1.3 million in scholarships through grit, sweat, and hustle. In realizing how broken and time consuming this process was, he created Scholly to make things much easier.
Scholly received the nation’s attention and adoration when it was featured on Shark Tank, landing a deal with Daymond John and Lori Greiner while sparking the biggest fight in Shark Tank history. Shortly thereafter, Scholly grew to be #1 overall app in both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store for over 3 weeks. The company was named in Inc. Magazine’s Top College Start-Ups won Under Armour’s Cupid’s Cup competition and won Steve Case’s Rise of the Rest Competition. Chris Gray was named Ernst and Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year for 2015” for Philadelphia and is one of Forbes’ “30 under 30 for 2016”.
Scholly has also been featured in just about every media outlet, including Good Morning America, Forbes, BET, USA Today, Fortune Magazine, Smithsonian Magazine, CNN, Fox News and many more, as well as being featured in Cadillac’s new and campaign Dare Greatly and being invited to speak at conferences across the nation.
Most important to the Scholly team are the hundreds of thousands of students and families who have been able to use the platform to find over $70 million in scholarship money to go to the colleges of their dreams.
Lil Nas X Scholarship Overview
Lil Nas X knows the student debt struggle all too well. Not long ago, he was in the same place as many students who find themselves today: in school and struggling to figure out how to pay for his student loans.
With so many fans confronting the challenge of student debt, Lil Nas X is partnering with Scholly to help ease the burden.
Lil Nas X and Scholly are teaming up to give away $30,000 in college scholarships. Three current high school and college students will receive $10,000 each towards their education.
The Lil Nas X Scholarship will be paid directly to the appropriate office at the Program Award recipient’s academic institution and may be used only to pay tuition and mandatory fees for the academic semester in which the scholarship is awarded or the immediately following academic semester.
You may participate in the Lil Nas X Scholarship if either (a) you are enrolled at the time of your application as an undergraduate or graduate student or (b) a high school student who is registered to attend college in the 2020-2021 academic year at an accredited institution.
Applicants must also provide either proof of enrollment at their academic institution and must be at least 18 years of age and at the age of majority in their state of residence to apply.
Individuals who are related to or affiliated with Sponsor or Lil Nas X (including any of their respective employees, officers or directors, their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, or any of their respective agencies or promotion entities, or family/household members of any of the foregoing) are not eligible to participate in the Program or for a Program award. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations.
How to Apply for Lil Nas X Scholarship
To participate, applicants must complete the full Lil Nas X Scholarship application at www.myscholly.com/lilnasx and provide the scholarship selection committee with all of the information required in the application or by the committee (in each round of the selection process), including, but not limited to, institutional enrollment (present or past), written statement, and personal information verification. Applicants are not required to sign up for a Scholly account in order to apply for the Lil Nas X Scholarship.
In the application form, you will be asked to submit your information in these certain creteria.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Race/Nationality (available to American Indian or Alaskan, Asian, Black or African American, Caucasian, Filipino, Hispanic or Latino, Indian, Middle Eastern or North African, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and other)
- Date of birth
- State of Residence, including: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Armed Forces Americas, Armed Forces Europe, and Armed Forces Pacific.
- Grade level (available to high school freshman, high school sophomore, high school junior, high school senior, college freshman, college sophomore, college junior, college senior, and graduate student)
- A statement of whether you are a first-generation student
Selection of Lil Nas X Scholarship recipients will be made through a process determined by the selection committee that includes the stages described below.
- Applicants will be required to complete an initial application, which will include, among other things, personal identifiers such as grade level and residency.
- After completion of the initial application, applicants will be provided the opportunity to submit an essay.
- The selection committee will select a cohort of applicants, who will be required to complete a second round application which will include verification of the applicant’s academic enrollment.
- The last stage of the selection process may include a telephone, video or in-person interview, at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Sponsor will notify the second round applicants of their selection by email and text message and Lil Nas X Scholarship recipients by email, text message, and a subsequent phone call.
- After the essays have been reviewed and interviews have been completed, the selection committee will select up to three participants who will receive a Lil Nas X Scholarship.
Closing Date of Lil Nas X Scholarship
The application process will be open and accepting applicants beginning 9:00 AM December 17, 2019 and ending 11:59 PM May 15, 2020. All times and days are Pacific Time. The dates and times set forth herein are subject to change in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event of any change, notice of the revised date or time will be posted on the Website.