Eligible undergraduate students studying NUC-accredited courses in Nigerian universities are invited to apply for the NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship.
Getting the scholarship that pays for your tuition and living expenses will potentially reduce the chance of dropping out and not having the degree you want. Through applying for it and minimizing financial burdens, receiving NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship will also mean more time for studying and learning, which can lead to better grades and retention of information and improve the chances for going on to graduate school.
Before you start, ensure you read through all the information in the following passages before you begin your application.
NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship: An Overview
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) and its co-venture partners hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2020 National University NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship Programme.
The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. It provides yearly grant to the successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their undergraduate degree programme.
NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship is renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic/ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
The merit-based scholarship is open to full-time undergraduates studying in universities within Nigeria.
In order to qualify for the program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
In additional, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. On the other hand, applicants who have ever tired applying for the scholarship previously are prohibited to apply again this year.
After obtaining the scholarship, if you withdraw from a course and change to another of the same duration, it will not affect the scholarship. If the withdrawal means a longer session in school, then the scholarship will be affected. Be sure to write to the Scholarship Coordinator about the development.
Furthermore, where you do not meet the academic requirements for your course, or you are no longer a registered student of the university, or you decide not to take up the offer, any agreement related to the scholarship award will become null and void.
As a general rule, continuation of the scholarship depends on making satisfactory academic progress. Each student’s case will however be considered carefully, looking at each individual’s circumstance.
How to Apply for NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship
Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo. Then, candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Academic results for 100 level for 2018/2019 Academic Session
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kb;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result; and
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
To apply, follow the steps below. Please take note that multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship Board. Therefore, make sure to submit only 1 (one) form under your name.
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account.
- Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to scholarship site.
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors.
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information. Next, you will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN):
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Finally, return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
Keep in mind that you cannot apply through an agent or a SNEPCo representative in your university or community. For avoidance of doubt, SNEPCo has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the SNEPCo National Merit University scholarship programme.
Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. The scholarship board processes these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. We strongly advise you to protect your application details carefully; ensure you log out from your account before shutting down the computer system; and delete your personal details from public computers.
Applications should be submitted on or before August 28, 2020. Please submit your applications well in advance of the deadline.
The examination date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only. SNEPCo reserves the right for selection and shortlisting of candidates.
For further inquiries regarding the NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship scheme, reach out to the described contact details below:
- Call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays)
- Email: email@example.com
Visit the official website at NNPC SNEPCo Scholarship official page here.