The Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) has finally announced admission for the academic year 2022. On top of that, the institution is also opening applications for the PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 for prospective students seeking financial assistance to fund their colleges.
We have specially compiled the following guide to help you navigate your application for the PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022. On this blog, you will find background information on the fellowship, its requirements and application procedures. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
About the PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022
The PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 is a grant offered by the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) and several other government departments for MS students at PIEAS and KINPOE-C. In fact, the fellowship contains a stipend of 35000 PKR per month and a tuition fee-waiver.
Also, the PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 includes a free indoor medical treatment and appointment upon completion of studies on SPS-8. Even better, PAEC may offer fellowship recipients positions in PAEC institutions, centers, and projects upon successful completion of their studies.
In particular, PAEC may place graduates anywhere in Pakistan. Furthermore, such successful graduates may receive additional benefits from increments and relaxations in promotions. Additionally, students must swear to serve the PAEC for five years after completing their degree.
The PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 is an ongoing scholarship. However, the continuation of the fellowship is contingent upon satisfactory performance, which is determined at the end of each semester.
Unfortunately, the fellowship does not currently apply to undergraduate and doctoral students. As for now, the offer is only available to future engineers, medical doctors and scientists.
First of all, the prospective fellowship recipients must be students enrolled in one of the following postgraduate courses at PIEAS:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Electrical Engineering
- Laser and Semiconductor Physics
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Physics
- Mineral Resource Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear Power Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Radiation and Medical Oncology
- Systems Engineering
You can find the prerequisites for each of the above degrees here.
Next, for fellowship in the aforesaid MS degree programs, first division is preferably required throughout the academic career. However, one-second division (≥ 50% marks) is allowed in academic career at any stage except the final degree. Maximum age limit for MBBS doctors is 32 years and 27 years for all other disciplines.
Additionally, there are separate requirements for those with a BS or MS in certain degrees. The candidates having BS or MS degree in Computer Science and Geology must have studied Physics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
If you have the confidence to satisfy these criteria, proceed to the next step to learn about the admission requirements.
The PIEAS MS Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting the above criteria, candidates must also pay attention to the following requirements:
- All Pakistani nationals with the required qualification are invited to apply.
- The candidates of MSc in Nuclear Medicine and Radiation & Medical Ontology whose one-year house job training is expected to be completed by the time of joining PIEAS may also apply.
- The candidates, who expect to complete all the degree requirements by the date of joining PIEAS, may also apply.
- All applicants must deposit the application processing fee.
- Without final results, the selection is only provisional and would be cancelled for those who do not get first division in final degree examinations.
Regarding application processing fees, applicants should ensure that they deposit such fees only with Askari Bank at any Pakistan branch. There will be no bank service charges for submission of processing fee through any branch of Askari Bank. The following is the amount for application processing fees:
- Within due date: 3500 PKR
- Within one weeks after due date: 4500 KR
Please note that the fee is non-refundable in any case.
The PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 Application
Follow the procedure below step by step to apply for the PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022:
- Submit your application online as hard-copy applications are not acceptable. For this purpose, go to http://pieas.edu.pk and click “Admission” tab.
- Create an account and log in to start the online application.
- Fill in and submit the online PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 application form. Make sure to read the instruction carefully.
- Upload recent passport size color photograph as per the defined standard and academic documents.
- Print “Bank Challan” for the application processing fee.
- Make payment in the nearest Askari Bank and upload the scanned copy or image of the deposited fee slip at the PIEAS admission portal.
- Print the “Call Letter” which will be made available after verification of fee through bank.
- Sit in for the test at the venue and date mentioned in your Call Letter.
PIEAS will upload the merit list within three weeks after the test. Finally, keep visiting your profile on the PIEAS website for any updates before and after the entrance test. You can take the test in any of Pakistan’s 18 main cities.
The PIEAS Fellowship Pakistan 2022 application date is on June 13, 2022. Submit your application before the deadline as late submissions are not tolerated.
Call the following numbers for further inquiries regarding the PIEAS admission or fellowship:
Director Academics of Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS)
45650, Nilore, Islamabad
Phone: 051-9248611-20 (ext: 3136, 3134) or 051-9248740
Finally, apply to or learn more about the fellowship or by visiting http://admissions.pieas.edu.pk. Looking for more resources for Pakistani students? Check out our complete guide to PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship and KTS Hope Scholarship Program.