Punjab Workers Welfare Fund of the Punjab Government announced the opening for applications from the PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship. In general, this award recognizes and appreciates the children of the workers and, in particular, the miners in Punjab.
The guide below details all the information related to the financial assistance program, starting from how it works to what documents you need to prepare before applying.
PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship: Program Overview
Punjab Workers Welfare Fund announces the Talent Scholarship 2021 for the children of industrial workers/miners in the province. Furthermore, PWWF offers the scholarship to the children of workers/miners in the province studying from Inter to Ph.D. level or in any vocational training institution.
In addition to all expenses of the students who are eligible as per the above-mentioned Eligibility Criteria, vis-a-vis Admission Fee, Tuition Fee, Registration Fee, Examination Fee, Library Fee/Computer Fee or Lab Fee along with Transport Charges, Hostel/Messing Charges (except charity funds and refundable or non-refundable securities), a fixed scholarship according to following categories will be paid.
The scholarship recipients of this category will receive a stipend of Rs. 3,500/- per month. This applies to those at the following levels of education:
- Cadet College/Public Schools being run by the Federal or a Provincial Government;
- Intermediate or Equivalent education from Federal or a Provincial Board of Education or any other institution recognized by the Federal/Provincial Government; and
- Technical Training Institutes registered with Provincial Board of Technical and Vocational Education/NAVTTC/TEVTA/NTB.
The scholarship recipients of this category will receive a stipend of Rs. 4,500/- per month. This applies to those pursuing a Graduation Degree (of two-/four-year duration) from a Public or Private University/College duly recognized by the Higher Education Commission.
The scholarship recipients of this category will receive a stipend of Rs. 5,500/- per month. This applies to those at the following levels of education:
- Post-Graduation Degree from a Public or Private University/College duly recognized by Higher Education Commission;
- Medical Degree from a Medical College/University registered with Pakistan Medical Commission (previous Pakistan Medical and Dental Council) or duly recognized by Higher Education Commission; and
- Engineering Degree from an Engineering College/University registered with Pakistan Engineering Council or duly recognized by Higher Education Commission.
Scholarship for M.S./M.Phil. and Ph.D.
The scholarship recipients of this category will only receive coverage for educational expenses, including:
- Admission Fee;
- Tuition Fee;
- Registration Fee;
- Examination Fee; and
- Library Fee/Computer Fee/Lab Fee.
- This applies only to those students who get admission on merit.
PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship is available to applicants who meet the following criteria.
First of all, Worker/Mineworker must be covered under the definition of “Worker” prescribed in Punjab Industrial Relations Act (IRA), 2010 and must be registered with EOBI or Social Security and having at least 3 years accumulative service. However, in the case of education till the Intermediate level, no service limit is required.
Secondly, Worker/Mineworker must register with Employee Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) or Punjab Employees Social Security Institution (PESSI). However, in case of Non-registered Worker, an Affidavit duly attested by Notary Public and Focal Person of concerned Director/Deputy Director/Assistant Director Labour Welfare/Assistant Mines Labour Welfare Commissioner, must be submitted by Worker regarding the correctness of particular given in the Application, along with two Guarantors, namely employer and CBA President/General Secretary.
Then, Workers/Mineworkers who are employees of an Industrial/Mine/Establishment must be registered under Factories Act, 1934 or Punjab Mining Concession Rules, 2002 or those organizations paying 2% contribution to the Workers Welfare Fund or 5% left out contribution under the Companies Profit (Workers Participation) Act, 1968.
Furthermore, the children of deceased Workers/Mineworkers of Workers Welfare Fund are eligible for the scholarship facility if his/her Widow/Legal Heirs have already been received Death Grant from Punjab Workers Welfare Fund.
Ultimately, Worker/Mineworkers who become disabled during service may avail scholarship for their children, subject to the condition that the disability is proved through a Legal Medical Board constituted for this purpose.
How to Apply for a PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship
Applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility requirements may apply online for the PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship at the Punjab Workers Welfare Fund website: www.pwwf.punjab.gov.pk.
Additionally, before starting the process of online application, ensure that the documents as per the checklist below are available with you and scanned copies saved on your desktop for uploading:
- Picture of the student (with blue background);
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or Form-B of the student (in case of the student is less than 18 years) issued by NADRA and attested by a Gazetted Officer;
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) of the Worker issued by NADRA and attested by a Gazetted Officer;
- Valid Certificate of the Registration of Industrial/Mine/ Establishment under relevant Act/Law attested by the Director/Deputy Director/Assistant Director Labour Welfare/AMLWC (as the case may be);
- Social Security Card (R-5) or EOBI Card of the Worker duly attested by the respective issuing department. In case of non-registered workers, an affidavit duly attested by notary public and focal person of the concerned Labour department (i.e. Director, Labour or his nominee), may be submitted by worker regarding the correctness of particulars given in the Application, along with two Guarantors, namely Employer and CBA President/General Secretary;
- Appointment Letter duly attested by the Employer of Establishment or Certificate of Service in original bearing complete contents of employment;
- Certificate from Head of Administration & Personnel Department of Employer/Industrial Unit;
- Certificate of Enrolment issued by the Head/Authorized Officer of the Educational Institution;
- Certificate from Educational Institution;
- If the Educational Institution is other than Government run/Public Sector Institute/University/College, scanned copy of Notification regarding Registration/Affiliation of the Institute concerned with Government/ Directorate/HEC/Board (as the case may be);
- Previously Passed Examination attested by the Head/Authorized Officer of the Educational Institution;
- Affidavit by the Worker on Stamp Paper of Rs. 50/- duly attested by the Oath Commissioner;
- Fee Equivalent Certificate from the concerned Educational Institution;
- Original Payment Vouchers or copies thereof duly attested by the Head of Educational Institute/Authorized Officer regarding educational expenses/boarding charges/mess charges or other expenditure;
- Evidence of Bank Account/ scanned copy of Cheque; and
- Retirement Certificate or Certificate from Employer reflecting Closure/ Non-functional/ Inoperative Industry/ Mining Units (as the case may be).
Since this program can be closed at any time without prior notice, students should submit their forms and required documents early.
In case of any query, you may contact the Board through Office Landline Phone No. (042) 99260242 (from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM in working days) or Official Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org.
PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship Official Website
Visit the official website which contains all the latest information regarding the PWWF Punjab Government Talent Scholarship at https://pwwf.punjab.gov.pk/. Alternatively, you can also bookmark this webpage to keep an eye on the latest developments regarding the program and other financial assistance for Pakistani students such as:
- SBP Scholarship Scheme by the State Bank of Pakistan
- Rhodes Scholarships for Pakistan Students, a Global Opportunity for You
- USAID-Funded Merit and Need-Based Scholarship Program for Pakistani