Are you a high-achieving student with a thirst for knowledge, a passion for leadership, and a commitment to community service? The Stamps Scholars Program, also known as the Stamps Foundation Scholarship, may be your ticket to a world-class education.
This prestigious program offers generous scholarships to exceptional undergraduate students at select U.S. and UK colleges and universities. But it’s not just about the financial aid; Stamps Scholars also gain access to leadership development, research opportunities, and a supportive community of like-minded peers.
In this guide, we’ll delve into the details of this remarkable program. So let’s get to it.
The Stamps Foundation Scholarship: An Overview
The Stamps Foundation Scholarship is a nationally-renowned merit scholarship initiative designed to support exceptional students on their journey to becoming impactful leaders in various fields.
Established in 2006 at Georgia Tech and the University of Michigan, this program has expanded significantly. It is now available at 36 esteemed colleges and universities across the United States and even extends to the United Kingdom.
With 2,894 current and alumni Stamps Scholars, the program has established a strong and interconnected network of individuals who are making meaningful contributions to society, both nationally and internationally.
Meanwhile, the Stamps Foundation Scholarship was established by E. Roe and Penny Stamps. They are philanthropists and the founders of the foundation. E. Roe and Penny Stamps are well-known for their generosity and commitment to supporting education and the arts.
Specifically, E. Roe Stamps is a successful entrepreneur and investor. He co-founded the private equity firm Summit Partners and has been involved in various business ventures. Additionally, he has served on the boards of several companies and organizations.
On the other hand, Penny Stamps was an artist and designer known for her work in the arts, particularly in the field of contemporary art and design. She had a passion for supporting creativity and innovation in the arts.
As a Stamps Scholar, you’ll receive annual awards, ranging from $6,000 to $83,000. But it doesn’t stop there. The foundation is invested in your growth. This is why it provides additional funds for enrichment activities like study abroad, academic conferences, and leadership training.
Furthermore, the enrichment fund, a unique benefit of the Stamps Foundation Scholarship, offers additional support for your academic and professional development. You’ll have access to funds ranging from $8,000 to $16,000, which can be used for international study, research, leadership program, and more.
What truly sets this scholarship program apart is the incredible network you’ll join. You’ll become part of a national community of fellow Scholars and alumni, creating lifelong connections and opportunities for youth.
Whether you’re engaging in regional conferences, informal meet-ups, or the biennial Stamps Scholars National Convention, hosted by the Georgia Institute of Technology, you’ll be surrounded by like-minded peers who share your commitment to excellence and service.
Wondering if you qualify for this scholarship? Read on to discover the requirements.
The Stamps Foundation Scholarship Requirements
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
- Academic Merit: Specifically, this scholarship looks for individuals who have consistently performed well in their studies, often demonstrated through high grades, standardized test scores, and other academic achievements.
- Leadership Potential: The program seeks individuals who display leadership qualities and the potential to lead effectively in various settings. This includes those who have taken on leadership roles in school, community organizations, or extracurricular activities, as well as those who exhibit qualities such as initiative, responsibility, and the ability to inspire others.
- Commitment to Community: Additionally, candidates should demonstrate a sincere commitment to improving the lives of others in their community. This may involve community service, volunteer work, or involvement in projects aimed at making a positive impact on society.
- Promise and Vision: This criterion assesses the goals and aspirations, encouraging them to think about how they plan to leave their mark on the world.
- Work Ethic: Successful applicants should exhibit a strong work ethic, demonstrating their commitment to turning their dreams into reality.
- Inclusive and Diverse: The scholarship is open to candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, or socioeconomic background.
- No Financial Need Consideration: Importantly, financial circumstances will not be a determining factor in the selection process. In other words, the most promising candidates have an equal opportunity to benefit from the program.
If you are confident that you meet these requirements, learn how to boost your chances of winning below.
The Stamps Foundation Scholarship Application
The process of applying for the Stamps Foundation Scholarship can seem a bit complex. After all, it varies from one partner institution to another. But we’re here to make it easier to understand what to expect when you apply for this prestigious scholarship.
- No Separate Application for Many Institutions: The good news is that for many Stamps partner institutions, you won’t have to go through a separate and daunting application process just for the scholarship. In most cases, you simply need to use the standard application for freshman admission that every student applies with.
- Early or “Scholarship” Deadline: It’s important to note that applying early can often be your ticket to automatic consideration for the scholarship. These schools usually have what’s known as the “early” or “scholarship” deadline. It is typically earlier than the regular application deadline. Applying by this deadline puts you in the running for the scholarship without the need for additional forms or applications.
- Some Schools May Request Separate Applications: While many institutions streamline the process by considering all applicants automatically, some partner schools might require a separate application for the scholarship. For example, this could involve additional forms, essays, or other documentation to further evaluate your eligibility for this prestigious award.
- Interviews Are a Standard Step: No matter which partner institution you’re considering, an interview is typically part of the application process. It’s a chance for you to shine and demonstrate your passion for academic excellence, leadership, and community service.
- Contact the Partner for Specific Details: Given the unique application processes and requirements at each partner institution, it’s highly advisable to reach out to the institution directly for precise information about how they administer their Stamps Scholars Program. Contact the admissions office or the scholarship office to get the most up-to-date and institution-specific information.
The Stamps Foundation Scholarship Deadlines
Here’s where things can get a bit more complex: the application deadlines can differ significantly from one institution to another. Each partner school sets its own timeline for applications.
Therefore, it’s crucial to research the specific details for the institution you’re interested in to ensure you don’t miss any deadlines.
If you have any questions or need to reach out to the foundation, there are a couple of ways to do so. You can send mail to:
Mr. Randy McDow
Stamps Scholars Programs
PO Box 98374
Atlanta, GA 30359-2074
Another convenient option is to visit the Stamps Foundation’s Contact webpage, where you can fill out a contact form.
For comprehensive information about the Stamps Foundation Scholarship, including details about partner institutions, visit the official website at www.stampsscholars.org.
The Stamps Foundation Scholarship: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are international students eligible for this scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship can vary by partner institution. However, many schools do consider international students for this scholarship. It’s essential to check with each specific university for their eligibility requirements, as some may have specific guidelines for international applicants.
Is this scholarship renewable?
Renewability criteria may vary among partner institutions. Therefore, it’s important to consult the policies of the specific university you plan to attend.
Is there a GPA requirement for this scholarship?
The GPA requirement for the scholarship varies by partner institution. Each college or university sets its own academic criteria for the scholarship.