The University of Bristol scholarship offers a number of awards worth £ 5,000 and £ 10,000 available to Undergraduate students for admission in September 2020. These awards can only be used as a fee waiver of costs of tuition fees. Candidates can apply for a University of Bristol scholarship in any full-time undergraduate course, with the exception of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
The University offers over 200 degree courses made up of Single Honours degrees, which involve studying one main subject, and Joint Honours degrees, which allow you to study two subjects alongside one another. Social sciences and arts courses (apart from modern languages degrees) take three years to complete and lead to a Bachelor’s (BA, BSc or LLB) degree. Most science, engineering and some medical sciences schools offer a choice of four-year Integrated Master’s (MEng, MSci) or three-year Bachelor’s (BEng, BSc) courses.
In Chemistry and Physics they offer courses with a preliminary year of study. These four-year courses are suitable for applicants who wish to study science but who need to improve their level of attainment in the sciences. They will be required for the equivalent of good GCSE passes in sciences and mathematics for entry onto these courses.
Scholarships will be given in the form of a tuition fee discount and is non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered (unless otherwise stated). If the amount of scholarship awarded is more than the cost of the tuition fees, the tuition fees will be covered in full and any remainder will not be issued. Undergraduate scholarships will be awarded for all years of undergraduate study taking place at the University of Bristol (not including placement years), subject to satisfactory fulfillment throughout the program.
Successful candidates who put off their studies cannot put off their scholarship. Thus, all successful candidates are required to agree to act as a good ambassador for the University of Bristol and at times will be asked to participate in events or promotional activities. Any participation in these activities will take up no more than 5 hours per term of office. All in all, The University of Bristol withhold the right to update or modify its scholarship awards without notice, based on the availability and quality of applications that are received.
For there is no age restriction for students applying for the scholarship, do make the most of the offered fund aid. However, please take note that the University of Bristol scholarship are issued towards tuition fees only. These scholarships will not cover any living expenses, airfare, etc.
To be eligible for the University of Bristol scholarship designated for undergraduate international students, all applicants must:
- Be an applicant to any undergraduate course at the University of Bristol, with the exception of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science;
- Start their undergraduate program in September 2020;
- Be classed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes;
- Not already be a recipient of other funding which would equate to more than the full cost of tuition fees alongside a University of Bristol scholarship.
- Not need to meet any English Language Requirements to apply for the University of Bristol scholarship. However, all applicants will need to meet any conditions of their academic offer to study to be successfully awarded the scholarship. This may include English language requirements.
How to Apply
All applicants are not required to submit any documents when applying for the University of Bristol scholarship. They will only need to complete the online application form (which can be found at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/international/fees-finance/scholarships/application-guidance/?_ga=2.44070628.1715720446.1574673334-327513676.1562232354) after they have submitted an application to study at the University of Bristol through http://www.bristol.ac.uk/global-opportunities/at-bristol/study-abroad/.
For there is no save function, they will need to complete the application form in one session. Once they click submit then this is final, and they will not be able to make any changes. Then, they will receive an email to confirm that the admission staffs have received the application. Please make sure to check the spam mail too.
The information that the applicants will need are outlined below.
For the personal details and application information, all applicants will need their:
- UCAS ID
- course or program of study they have applied to
- email address
- country of legal permanent residence
- current or most recent educational institution
- details of any other funding you are due to receive
In regard with the application questions, there are three questions which the applicants will need to complete. The maximum word count for each question is 200 words. The questions are:
- We are looking to support the brightest and best individuals who will actively contribute to the development of their nation in the future. Please describe any special attributes or accomplishments that you think make you deserving of a Think Big scholarship? (This could be any academic or extra-curricular achievements, as well as your reasons for applying to the scholarship program.)
- We are looking for scholars who will be great ambassadors for the University. Please give an example of when you have recently contributed to your community? (This could be your School or University, where you live, or any other community you feel a part of.)
- We would like to support students who have clear goals for their future. Please explain how studying your chosen program at the University of Bristol will help you to ‘Think Big’ and shape your plans after graduation? (Explain what has attracted you to study at the University of Bristol, as well as outlining your ultimate career goals.)
Expired Date of University of Bristol Scholarship
The deadline for the University of Bristol scholarship is 11:59 P.M. (GMT) Sunday, March 29, 2020. All successful applicants will be contacted on April 24, 2020.
Should you have questions related to the University of Bristol scholarship or application and qualifications, please contact the International Recruitment Team. The team can also arrange a campus tour for prospective candidates who come from outside the UK.
Tel: +44 (0)117 39 40229
Or, you can also contact the Partnerships & Relations Team for more specific questions about the University of Bristol scholarship at email@example.com and +44 (0) 117 39 40210 (for calls).
Mail submissions should be posted at the following address.
Directorate of External Relations
University of Bristol
31 Great George Street
Bristol, BS1 5QD
Link to Official Website
Visit www.bristol.ac.uk for further information regarding the University of Bristol scholarship.