A college education can be the key to unlocking a lifetime of opportunities, but for many students from under-resourced communities, it can feel like an impossible dream. However, Wallin Scholarships are making a difference in the lives of students who face these obstacles.
This scholarship program is designed to support students from Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin who demonstrate academic potential, leadership qualities, and financial need.
In this guide, we’ll explore Wallin Scholarships in detail and how it’s helping students like you to achieve their academic and career goals despite the financial barriers they may face.
Wallin Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following Wallin Scholarship requirements to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited four-year college or university in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
- Demonstrate leadership skills and community involvement through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, or other experiences
In addition, your household size and adjusted gross income must meet certain requirements to qualify for the scholarship. These financial requirements are used to determine the financial need of scholarship applicants and ensure that the scholarship is awarded to students from under-resourced communities.
Wallin Scholarship Application
Here’s a step-by-step guide for applying to Wallin Scholarships:
- To start your application, go to the scholarship portal and create an account by clicking on “Create an Account.” Enter your first and last name, birthday, and email to create an account.
- Check your email and click on the “Activate Account” hyperlink to activate your account.
- Use the temporary PIN sent to your email to sign in and create a password.
- Start your application by logging in to your account using your newly created credentials at the Wallin Scholarship sign in
- Provide accurate information in the application, including personal, demographic, high school, recommendations, colleges, activities, employment, family and financial information.
- Sign the application electronically and move on to submit.
In addition, you’ll be required to submit the following documents to apply for the scholarship:
- Essays: You must submit an essay answering questions about your interests, past experiences, and vision for the future.
- FAFSA or MN Dream Act: You must complete and submit either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Minnesota Dream Act
- High school transcripts: You must provide official transcripts from your high school that include your cumulative GPA, class rank, and courses taken.
- Two letters of recommendation: You must submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic potential, leadership qualities, and character. Examples of suitable recommenders include teachers, counselors, coaches, employers, or community leaders.
Wallin Scholarship Portal
This portal is a website where you can apply for the scholarship, fill in, update, and check the status of your application. To access the portal, you can go to https://scholars.wallinpartners.org/apply/ and use your Wallin Scholarship login credentials.
The portal provides a secure and user-friendly interface where applicants can submit their application materials and track their progress throughout the application process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application, you can contact the support team at 952-345-1920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wallin Scholarship Deadline
Wallin Scholarships application period typically opens in November and closes in February.
It’s important to note that the deadlines are firm, and no late applications will be considered. If you miss the deadline, you will not be eligible for the scholarship that year. Therefore, it’s crucial to keep track of the deadline and ensure that you submit your application well before the cutoff date.
To stay updated on the deadlines, you can bookmark the Wallin Education Partners website and check it regularly. This will ensure that you don’t miss any important deadlines and increase your chances of being considered for the scholarship.
Wallin Scholarship Announcement
Are you eagerly waiting to find out if you’re one of the lucky recipients of the prestigious Wallin Scholarships?
The winners are typically announced in the spring, around March or April, on the Wallin Education Partners website and social media pages. To prepare for the announcement, keep an eye on your email and phone in case the organization needs to contact you.
Once you receive the announcement, be sure to follow the instructions provided and accept the scholarship offer if you’re selected. After all, this is an incredible opportunity to further your education and achieve your goals.
Finally, consider sending a heartfelt thank-you note or video to the Wallin Education Partners and the donors who made this scholarship possible. It’s a small gesture that goes a long way in expressing your gratitude and appreciation.
Wallin Scholarship 2-Year Program at a Glance
The Wallin Scholarship 2-Year program is a unique opportunity for students who have completed their associate’s degree and are looking to continue their education.
This program provides financial assistance, mentorship, and other resources to help students achieve their academic and professional goals. The benefits of the program include up to $30,000, access to a network of professionals and mentors, and career development opportunities.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have completed an associate’s degree
- Be enrolled full-time at one of Wallin Education Partners’ partner colleges
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Meet the financial eligibility requirements of the scholarship
Wallin Scholarship Winners 2023
The winners for 2023 have not yet been announced, but based on the data from the 2022 winners, it is expected that the scholarship will continue to support a diverse group of students.
Of the Wallin Scholarship winners 2022, 91% were students of color, demonstrating the organization’s commitment to promoting equity and access to higher education.
Additionally, 76% of the winners were first-generation students, highlighting the importance of providing resources and support to those who may not have had the same opportunities as their peers.
Wallin Scholarships have a strong track record of supporting underrepresented students, and the 2023 winners are sure to be a remarkable group.
Overview of Wallin Education Partners
Wallin Education Partners is a nonprofit organization based in Minnesota that provides scholarships and support to high-potential students from under-resourced communities.
The organization was founded in 1992 by Win and Maxine Wallin with the goal of improving access to higher education for all students, regardless of their background.
Since its inception, Wallin Education Partners has awarded over $65 million in Wallin Scholarships to more than 6,000 students, providing financial assistance, mentorship, and other resources to help students achieve their goals.
You can support the organization by becoming donors and contributing to their mission of expanding access to higher education.