Table of Contents
Each year, a maximum of three (one-time) scholarships under the World Citizen Talent Scholarship program which each worth EUR 5,000 are available to prospective master students. The Hague University of Applied Science in Netherland are seeking intelligent, talented and ambitious people who view themselves as citizens of the world. Including those that study in Asia and Africa countries. In this year 2020, the opportunity is come back and waiting the best candidate to fill in. If you feel interest with this opportunity, kindly look at the below explanation for more details and application steps.
About The Hague University
The Hague University of Applied Sciences consists of faculties, research groups and service departments. More than 25,000 students are enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or post-graduate program at one of the four sites and more than 1900 people work at The Hague University of Applied Sciences, 65% of whom are in an education-related position and 35% in a support position. Continuously every year the university provides various items of Scholarship for the International Student. One of the most famous program is the World Citizen Talent Scholarship.
The program manage to help a bachelor from other country, including those from Asia and Africa, to get a chance studying Master in the university. Therefore, it will help to bring a better education opportunity for those who interest to continue study outside the country with an economic cost. For a specific benefit on the scholarship, check on the below paragraph.
Each academic year, a total of € 15,000 can be allocated for financial aid to eligible Master students through scholarships. World Citizen Talent Scholarship is name of the program that bring an opportunity to give an overall amount of EUR 5,000 to three Master Degree student. This amount is paid for the tuition fee and will be given as an installment after the applicant successfully enroll in the Hague University. Furthermore, there are some criteria on this tuition fee waiver:
- The scholarship will become definitive once the prospective student to whom it has been provisionally awarded has met all enrolment requirements, demonstrated to be legally residing in the Netherlands and has entered into a written agreement to pay the due amount of tuition fee.
- Once the scholarship has been definitively awarded, the relevant amount will be waved from the tuition fee as being the last instalment.
- If a scholarship recipient decides to deregister prematurely during the academic year for which he/she was awarded a scholarship, the scholarship will not be waved from the tuition fee.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to take part in scholarship program evaluations conducted by The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
The Master Program
A master’s program offers professionals the opportunity to develop their career and take it a step higher. Linking together theory and practice, a master’s degree is a valuable addition to the Bachelor’s degree and work experience. There are various range of Dutch and English master’s programs in Hague University including:
- Master Financial Management and Control, this will help a bachelor to become an expert in financially managing an organisation, decrease financial risks and generate insightful analyses of current markets. Through the MFMC, you will discover that the financial instruments are the backbone of any organisation.
- Master International Communication Management, the subject helps bachelor to understand what is sustainable communication? How do you advise organizations on their corporate communications? And, most importantly, how do your create trust in the online era? The study helps to find out how you could master flawless international communication strategies.
- Master of Business Administration. MBA students will obtain relevant knowledge and skills concerning innovative entrepreneurship, managing (global) businesses and effective leadership. During the MBA Programme, graduates will acquire the skills to run a responsible and sustainable business, and will also learn to recognize and respond to international business opportunities. You will learn about all aspects of doing business, such as Strategy, Marketing, Finances, Economics, Human Resources, Marketing and Operations Management.
You are eligible for a World Citizen Talent Scholarship if you:
- Come from outside The Netherlands and don’t live in the Netherlands.
- Are enrolling for the first time at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- Have never applied for this scholarship before.
- Have been conditionally accepted as a student (also-called offer of student position) on or before 31 March for the upcoming academic year.
Apply for the Master program of your choice by using the online application tool.
Write an essay (in English, 950 to 1100 words ) explaining why and how you can contribute to the multinational, multicultural beehive that is The Hague University of Applied Sciences and how you can contribute to the program of your choice. Please read our essay guidelines and information on the assessment procedure below before you start writing.
Submit your essay by emailing it to email@example.com. Please mention your name and student number in the essay. Please mention WCTS and your student number in the email subject. The deadline for submitting your essay is March 31st 2020.
The prospective student must write an English essay of between 950 and 1100 words. In this essay, the student must describe how he or she aims to contribute to The Hague University of Applied Sciences’ intercultural environment. The essay must touch upon the issue of global citizenship, and describe how the student aims to apply his or her specific cultural background to contribute to The Hague University of Applied Sciences’ intercultural environment. By submitting the essay, the prospective student agrees to transfer the rights to his/her work to The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
Scholarship Assessments and Results
The committee have appointed to judge all essays. The judges will select the three students whose essays will have impressed them most to receive the scholarship. The decision of the jury is binding and you will be informed about it via email before 15 May. Please note that you will only be awarded the scholarship after you have been conditionally accepted and have met all terms and conditions of enrolment. Scholarship winners are also expected to participate actively in the program and its evaluations, become an ambassador of the Master programs, and contribute to the internationalization of our institution.
For any questions before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details about this scholarship, kindly access the official webpage at https://www.thehagueuniversity.com/study-choice/masters-professional-courses/scholarships/world-citizen-talent-scholarship.