Access to knowledge is our thing. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, we don’t want anything to stand in the way. That’s why Google is proud to support the work of Lime Connect since 2008. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. To realize this noble vision, Google and Lime Connect have worked together to sponsor an incredible opportunity called “Google Lime Scholarship”.
Lime Connect represents the largest network of high potential university students and professionals who happen to have disabilities in the world.
It is a global not for profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s rebranding disability through achievement. Lime Connect does that by attracting, preparing, and connecting these high potential university students and professionals – including veterans – who happen to have all types of disabilities for careers, scholarships, internships, The Lime Connect Fellowship Program, The Lime Connect Foundations Program, and full-time careers with the organization’s corporate partners – the world’s leading corporations.
The organization is breaking stereotypes and leading companies of every size, industry, and location to understand the importance of, and fully value, the talent and strengths that employees with disabilities bring to the workplace. It connects its corporate partners to a pool of talent that matches their top hiring profiles – high potential candidates they might not meet otherwise.
Lime is not an acronym. The brand was developed to represent a fresh approach in the disability talent space, and that Lime’s work is the “wave of the future.”
And, members of The Lime Network enjoy a lifelong experience that goes far beyond connecting for careers. Through its professional development offerings, coaching, and social events, Lime Connect develops community and provides members with some of the tools, and the self-confidence, to reach their full potential professionally and personally.
Lime Connect offers distinct scholarships with its partners that support the education of current university students and open the door to potential internship and co-op opportunities. It also offers its own Pathways Scholarship that supports current high school seniors’ pursuit of a university/college education. All scholarships granted by Lime Connect are awarded based on merit, including the Google Lime Scholarship. It is a scholarship tailored specially for computer science or computer engineering students in the U.S. and Canada.
Learn more about the program through our well-compiled information below that will ease you during the application.
Google Lime Scholarship Program Overview
Google Lime Scholarship is a scholarship tailored specially for computer science or computer engineering students in the U.S. and Canada. The program is a collaboration project between Google and Lime Connect. Through this program, Google and Lime Connect wish to award the brightest students in their fields.
Recipients of the 2021 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year and the opportunity for a virtual “Google Lime Scholars” gathering in Summer 2021 to connect Scholars with each other, Google Scholar program leads, other Googlers (including Google Lime Scholars from previous years), and the Lime Connect team. Candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for those studying in the U.S. and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply) and also continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2021-2022 academic year;
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load);
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. Candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology;
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered.
Please note that the Google Lime Scholarship is not open to current high school students. Besides, scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
How to Apply for a Google Lime Scholarship
When the application is open, you can apply by logging into, or joining, The Lime Network. There, you’ll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- Contact, education, and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Three essays – this is your opportunity to show your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers, or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
Not a match? Register with The Lime Network, or join friends of The Lime Network, and you’ll be notified when the applications for other scholarships launch.
The application deadline is Friday, December 4th, 2020 at midnight PST / 3 am EST. All references are due one week later on Saturday, December 12th at midnight PST. Submit your application before the closing date as a late or incomplete application will not be considered for further evaluation.
Had questions or feedback about the Google Lime Scholarship? You can send your inquiries through Lime Connect’s Contact Page here, or post them by mail to:
590 Madison Avenue, 21st Floor
New York, New York 10022
Tel.: 212 521 4469
Lime Connect Canada
2 Bloor Street West, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3E2
Tel.: 416 323 5770
Interested in applying or looking for more information about the program? You can find everything about Google Lime Scholarship on Lime Connect’s official website at www.limeconnect.com.