Table of Contents
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) is a well-known university located in Education City, Qatar. As a member of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), the university not only acts as a mere educational campus for tertiary studies but also commits itself to becoming the beacon of local research studies and graduate studies as well. The university aims to become a positive catalyst that can provide a global impact for future generations.
About Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarships
The Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship is a grant that is offered to current students of the university. The scholarships provided are fully funded, and they are made available for both domestic and international students. In addition, whether you are signing up for an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree, every student of all educational levels is welcome to the scholarship program. As a bonus, the scholarship caters to all of the available degree programs that are offered by the university. The purpose of this scholarship is to motivate students in their pursuit of knowledge, inquiry, and discovery. Hopefully, by offering the necessary financial assistance, students will be supported enough to conquer new horizons in the educational spectrum.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship offers full funding for all of their selected list of enrolled students. In addition to this full funding, accepted scholars will be entitled to the list of benefits below:
- A monthly stipend of QAR 5,000, fully paid accommodation and a return ticket each year for Master’s scholars.
- A monthly stipend of QAR 7500, fully paid accommodation and a return ticket each year for Master’s scholars.
- Fully paid family accommodation for scholars who are married.
There are a total of six main colleges at Hamad Bin Khalifa University, each with its own disciples and list of programs. Each college provides all three undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees that both national and international students can take up. To see what types of programs are made available to future scholars at Hamad Bin Khalifa University, take a look at the extensive list below:
College of Islamic Studies
- Master of Arts in Applied Islamic Ethics
- Master of Arts in Islam and Global Affairs
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies
- Master of Science in Islamic Art, Architecture and Urbanism
- Master of Science in Islamic Finance
- Ph.D. in Islamic Finance and Economy
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Communication
- Master of Arts in Audiovisual Translation
- Master of Arts in Digital Humanities and Societies
- Master of Arts in Translation Studies
- Master of Arts in Women, Society, and Development
- Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Data Analytics in Health Management
- Master of Information Systems in Health Management
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Data Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy
- Master of Science in Sport and Entertainment Management
- Master of Science in Sustainable Environment
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
- Ph.D. in Sustainable Energy
- Ph.D. in Sustainable Environment
College of Law
- LLM in International Economic and Business Law
- LLM in International Law and Foreign Affairs
- Doctor of Juridical Science
- Juris Doctor
College of Health & Life Sciences
- Master of Science in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Master of Science in Exercise Science
- Master of Science in Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Ph.D. in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Ph.D. in Genomics and Precision Medicine
College of Public Policy
- Master of Public Policy
Several requirements must be fulfilled to receive a Hamad Bin Khalifa University scholarship. Please note that all of these requirements must be met. Should any candidate fail to comply with these requirements, they might risk the possibility of having their applications revoked instantly. Therefore, we kindly encourage every candidate to meet the following requirements: The scholarship qualifications are listed below:
- Candidates may originate from Qatar or outside the country (all nationalities are welcome to apply.)
- Academic Transcripts
- Candidates should submit only valid electronic copies of their academic transcripts. All scholars who have earned a degree in their previous university studies will also be required to provide their final transcripts and graduation statements. All transcripts must also include an explanation of their respective local grading systems.
- Candidates who have not finished their current studies can apply, provided they can give their results from their last completed semester.
- Academic transcripts must either be in English or Arabic. However, if it’s in another language besides those two, they will have to obtain an official, valid translation of the transcript.
- Upon enrollment, candidates will be asked to provide their original transcript once they have registered for their desired course.
- Standardized Test Results
- Standardized test results must be given in official copies and sent directly to the university.
- For TOEFL scores, candidates must use the institutional code 4981.
- For IELTS scores, candidates may not need to use an institutional code. However, they should consult with their respective IELTS center to send in their IELTS TRF to the university on behalf of the candidate.
- Candidates should also submit their test scores in their online applications.
- Personal Statement of Interest
- The personal statement that will be submitted by candidates must include a thorough explanation of why he or she is planning to apply for the program and university.
- It should also include an explanation of how their studies will be able to provide a certain contribution to their achievements; this may include the candidate’s future research interests.
- The personal statement must be written with at least 300 words and a maximum of 500 words. Personal statements that do not meet this requirement will not be accepted.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Candidates must submit their latest curriculum vitae that fully describes the applicant’s personal information and skill set.
- Identification Document
- All candidates must provide a copy of their existing passport.
- For more candidates residing in Qatar, they must also send in a copy of their valid Qatari Identification.
How to Apply
Applying for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarships is only possible when you have already been admitted as a student at the university. Once you are already admitted, you can consult with your respective faculty superiors regarding applications for scholarships, funding, or grants. So before you even think about earning a scholarship at this university, you have to make sure you feel that Hamad Bin Khalifa University is the right option for you, as well as its available programs.
Once you have made your choice to enroll in this university, you can finally start by applying for an admission spot. To do this, please access the online application form. If you don’t feel like searching for the link yourself on the official website, you can simply click the provided link here. This link will redirect you to the Hamad Bin Khalifa Information System website. Click on the “Apply for Admission” button. After you have done so, you will be required to create an account. This account is a vital part of the process, as you will be using it often to apply for enrollment online.
If you already have your account created, just log into the information system portal. From there, you will be able to see further requirements, such as the documents that are needed during the time of application. Please gather them all for submission. Take note that candidates should only submit the documents that are requested by the program. Any additional documents will not be accepted and will be automatically discarded by the committee. Make sure you have copies of your documents as well since candidates are not allowed to ask for a return of their documents once they are submitted. Documents that are submitted must be changed to PDF format. All other formats will not be accepted and will be automatically disregarded. Last but not least, all documents should be complete.
The closing date for international applicants to Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) for the Fall 2024 semester is February 1, 2024. This means that all application materials, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and standardized test scores, must be submitted by this date.
Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- February 1, 2024: Deadline for international applicants
- March 14, 2024: Notification of admission decisions for Qatari and GCC applicants
- May 1, 2024: Deadline for accepted students to submit their confirmation of acceptance and pay the enrollment deposit
It’s important to note that these deadlines are for the Fall 2024 semester. The closing dates for other semesters may vary. You can find the most up-to-date information on the HBKU website:
- HBKU Admissions and Degree Programs: https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/admissions
- Admission Application Deadline for International Applicants: https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/academic-events/deadline-international-applicants
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- HBKU Admission and Application Requirements: https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/node/11347/pdf
- HBKU Academic Programs: https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en
Please take note that everyone must adhere to the closing dates that have been established by the university committee. All candidates must send in their online applications by the deadlines. Failure to do so might result in disadvantageous consequences for your application process; it may even cause disqualification for your applications. In addition, we highly advise all candidates to submit their applications way before the closing dates. Since this is an online application, there might be a high possibility of heavy online traffic towards the closing date. While you still have the time, you should start applying right now.
Are you now all prepped for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarships program? We bet you guys are! But wait, what if you have more questions about the provided programs? Or maybe an inquiry or two about the requirements of university admissions? No sweat—we truly understand that certain candidates have several lists of questions that need elaborate answers. Sometimes, there isn’t specific information that’s posted in this information.
Therefore, we have provided a list of official contact information courtesy of Hamad Bin Khalifa University. If you need further information about anything related to the scholarships or university, just ask! Always ask all of the questions that you need answers to. Make sure that you receive all of the information that you need. Last but not least, don’t forget to give your best effort. We hope for all the best, future scholars. Happy applying!
Official Website: https://www.hbku.edu.qa
Postal Address: P.O. Box: 5825, Education City, Doha, Qatar
Phone Number: +974 4454 1234
Contact Page: https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/contact-us