Table of Contents
Founded in 1993 in Istanbul, Koç University is a non-profit private research university located in Istanbul, Turkey, and supported by the resources of the internationally renowned Vehbi Koç Foundation. To support young generations in securing quality education, the University has generously awarded numerous Koç University International Scholarships for deserving students for years.
Koç University aims to create a scientifically rigorous and intellectually rich environment for its students through some full scholarship opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels. These grants will enable its international students to study at the university without having the concern of not being able to pay for it.
Not only that, but Koç University also assists international students and alumni in exploring career options, preparing for opportunities, and using the University’s dynamic network to establish the necessary connections to make an informed and fulfilling career choice.
The Career Development Center, Colleges, Graduate Schools and individual faculty members support the needs of all local and international students and alumni to:
- Develop self-awareness related to your career, education, and employment
- Explore local and international career opportunities via online subscriptions, on- and off-campus career events, and appointments with career counselors
- Gain experience through internships and part-time job opportunities
- Join appropriate educational, graduate, or professional programs
- Meet with alumni, employers, professional organizations, and others who will provide opportunities for professional development and understanding of future career possibilities
- Prepare for suitable employment by developing job-search skills, interview skills, and an understanding of the fit between their competencies and job requirements
- Select personally suitable academic programs, professional programs, exchange programs, and internships/part-time/summer/volunteer job opportunities that help to explore educational, employment, and career options
For those reasons, Koç University deserves to be perceived as an ideal selection for you to continue your higher education there.
If you are eager to find out more about what opportunities you can earn by applying for the Koç University International Scholarships, please scroll to the end. We have rounded completed information for you to understand further about the programs.
Koç University International Scholarships Overview
Every year Koç University International Scholarships are awarded to bright freshmen. These scholarships are given to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Koç University International Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
Koç University evaluates automatically all new undergraduate international candidates and international undergraduate transfer candidates for full or partial tuition-only scholarships based on academic merit.
The undergraduate international or international transfer scholarships cover full or partial tuition fees for each academic year and are awarded for the duration of the undergraduate program and scholarship holders are subject to the academic and discipline regulations of Koç University undergraduate students.
Koç University International Scholarships for Graduate Students
The scholarships for Koç University’s GSSE and GSSSH MA/MSc with Thesis programs include:
- Full tuition waiver for all admitted candidates
- Monthly stipend
- Other benefits
Meanwhile, the scholarships for Koç University’s GSSE and GSSSH Ph.D. programs include:
- Full tuition waiver for all admitted candidates
- Monthly stipend (amount depends on the decision of the evaluation committee at the relevant Graduate School and can range between 2,000 to 4,000+ Turkish Lira per month)
- Accommodation in the Koç University graduate apartments located near campus or a monthly housing allowance
- Health insurance
- Office space
- Travel grants to present at selected conferences or to participate in research activities
For Undergraduate Students
Students who are in their senior year at high school or who graduated from high school and who satisfy at least one of the below criteria may apply as international students.
- Students with foreign nationality,
- Students who were Turkish citizens by birth but ceased to be a citizen by the courtesy of the Ministry of Interior (applicant has to certify that he/she holds the official document regarding the use of rights granted by Turkish Citizenship Law),
- Students who were registered as minors on the document stating that the parent has ceased to be a Turkish citizen as explained above (applicant has to certify that he/she holds the official document regarding the use of rights granted by Turkish Citizenship Law),
- Foreign nationals who have taken Turkish citizenship/dual citizens within this context,
- Turkish citizens who began high school before February 1st, 2013 abroad and who completed the last 3 years of high school education abroad (except in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus – TRNC),
- Turkish citizens who began high school on February 1st, 2013 abroad and who completed the entire high school education abroad (except in TRNC),
- Turkish citizens who completed the entire high school education abroad (except in TRNC) in one of the Turkish schools recognized by the Ministry of Education,
- TRNC citizens who reside in TRNC and who completed their high school education in TRNC and who have taken the GCE AL exam,
- TRNC citizens who enrolled in high schools abroad (except in Turkey and TRNC) between 2005-2010 and who have taken/will take the GCE AL exam.
Students who cannot apply as international students are:
- Turkish citizens who have completed their entire high school education in Turkey or TRNC,
- TRNC citizens (except cases explained above),
- Dual nationality applicants whose first nationality is Turkish by birth (except cases explained above),
- Applicants who hold dual nationality one of which is TRNC (except cases explained above),
- Turkish citizens or dual-nationality students whose first nationality is Turkish by birth who studied in foreign schools in Turkey or schools within the context of embassies in Turkey.
For Graduate Students
Please read in detail the specific admission requirements for your program of interest (GPA, eligible undergraduate majors, research experience, GRE and TOEFL minimum scores) on the relevant Graduate School website.
How to Apply for the Koç University International Scholarships
For Undergraduate Students
To apply to Koç University as an international student you need to complete and submit an online application form.
To submit the online application, you will need to upload all the documents below as relevant:
- Copy of one of the acceptable international test score reports or diploma grades, if available
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation in English
- If available, a copy of your High School Diploma and its Turkish translation if the original diploma is not in English
- Copy of official transcripts of your high school courses and grades
- A copy of the score report of one of the acceptable English language proficiency tests
- For Law and Nursing program candidates only, a copy of the Turkish language proficiency exam score
All the documents should be uploaded to the online application form in PDF file format, each file should be less than 60 MB in size and include no Turkish or other special characters in the file name.
Once you have made your decision about attending Koç University, you will need to inform the Global Recruitment Team via email (email@example.com) of your intent.
For Graduate Students
To apply to Koç University’s graduate programs as an international student you need to complete an online application form. Please check carefully the relevant Graduate School website for detailed guidance on admission requirements, eligibility, minimum scores, and application deadlines.
Make sure you prepare and submit the following documents and information in your application (as relevant to the program):
- Statement of Purpose
- University transcripts
- University diploma(s)
- English language proficiency test results (only TOEFL IBT is accepted and with a score of 80 IBT or higher, IELTS is not accepted in Turkey)
- GRE or GMAT test scores
- Referee contact details (2 for Master and 3 for Ph.D. programs)
- Other documentation
The application should be made no later than December 15th, 2020. Applications with missing documents will not be taken into consideration. You should not email or post any documents to the University during the application process. It is your responsibility to upload complete and accurate documents before the respective application deadline.
However, you will be allowed to write a petition explaining the reason and submit it by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org so that it may be added to your file for a possible evaluation.
As for the graduate applicants, some programs are open for admission only in the Fall term and others on both Spring and Fall terms, so you might not see a specific program listed on the application system during the Spring application period.
Make sure you keep track of the different application deadlines and other key dates.
For detail about each scholarship, you can contact Koç University representatives through its “Contact Us” page or send your inquiries via these addresses:
Rumelifeneri Yolu 34450 Sariyer
Phone: +90 (212) 338 1374
Fax: +90 (212) 338 1288
Koç University International Scholarships Official Website
Visit the official website of Koç University’s Recruitment Team at https://international.ku.edu.tr/ for more information about Koç University International Scholarships and other future opportunities.