About OIST Graduate University
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University is a campus that celebrates the knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Computational Science, Environmental, Ecological, and Marine Sciences. By scouting for all the biggest and brightest students from all over the globe to the island of Okinawa, students are able to bring out their inner potential within the fields of science, research, education, and innovation through the institution’s stable funding and its variety of top quality resources.
About OIST Research Internship Program
The OIST Research Internship Program is a scholarship offered by the OIST Graduate School. This initiative is conducted by providing education and research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate placements, where they will be regarded as Research Interns. These internships, which can go for as long as 2-6 months, will provide a chance for selected candidates to experience in a laboratory environment and learning specific techniques to improve their potential within the science and technology spectrum.
Selected candidates will be appointed as research interns throughout the entire program. Under the direction of a well-accredited professor at OIST, interns are expected to bring out their best and provide contributions towards the research activities of the institution. Application vacancies for the Research Internship program are carried out twice a year within a competitive basis, so make sure you plan out your applications way before the deadline in advance. If you would like more details regarding scholarship applications for the OIST Research Internship Program, refer to this given link here.
Successful recipients of the OIST Research Internship Program will receive these generous benefits from the institution:
- A living allowance, transportation fees, and on-campus or nearby accommodation. Recipients will be granted a daily stipend of 2,400 JPY each day (except for weekends) during their entire education period at OIST.
- One direct round trip travel tickets for successful candidates, where they will be taken from the home university to their internship site in Okinawa. The fixed travel dates have to be near the date of their internships. All travel logistics will be arranged by the OIST Graduate School staff.
- Other types of support, including accommodation, visa arrangements, insurance procedures, and local registration. However, OIST is an individual scholarship, meaning it does not provide support for dependents or family members of the selected candidate.
Future candidates who have intentions of signing up for the OIST Research Internship Program must have earned their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or anything else that is equivalent to those two programs) before the admission date. In addition, besides maintaining an impressive academic track record, candidates are expected to showcase their potential as a researcher who is accredited greatly by his or her fellow academic referees or professionals.
If you plan on signing up for the OIST Research Internship Program, there are list of things candidates are obliged to do in order to fulfill their program’s requirements. This list of requirements include:
- Opening an account on the OIST application website to start of the application. Candidates are required to fill out the form (they may fill it out all at once or during multiple sessions.) Note: candidates must always remember their username and password at all times.
- Filling out and submitting their Curriculum Vitae Sheet. Please download the official OIST CV sheet here.
- Filling out and submitting their Personal Statement Sheet. Please download the official OIST Statement sheet here.
- Recommendation letters for academic or research professionals who have been familiar or involved in your work. Instead of having the candidate ask for letters, candidates are to provide the email contact details and the application system will ask for the letters instead. Note: make sure the person is notified of being asked by the system for an application letter before you submit their details, as well as double checking the e-mail address before submitting it in the web-form. When their letters of recommendations are received by OIST, the applicants will immediately be notified.
- Identity Photo. Candidates are to upload a recent photo of themselves, showing their face from the front. Photo format should be in standard passport orientation. The uploaded file type should be in JPG format, and has a memory size of less than 5 MB.
After candidates have obtained all of the documents mentioned above, don’t forget to apply for the OIST Research Internship Program by signing up through the application form, which can be accessed by clicking this link here.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the OIST Research Internship Program, candidates are obliged to follow these several steps to ensure a smooth and comprehensive application process:
- Candidates who are keen on applying for the OIST Research Internship Program are required to fill out the online form. Program application forms are ready in this link.
- When your application has been received by the institution, candidates will receive an auto-notification via email. To confirm that the email is already sent to your inbox, check your settings to ensure that you received any emails from the addresses of ~@oist.jp.
- After the application period, all applications received from candidates will be examined and the main selection will take place from here.
- The notification of successful candidates will be sent out at the very latest 3 months after the deadline.
- Once the internship offers are confirmed and finalized, all necessary logistics will be arranged and carried out, with the help of the institutions working interns. If you are selected for the OIST Research Internship Program, you will be required to cooperate with these interns in settling your logistics, which may include visa preparations and other sorts of Japanese government documentation.
The deadline for this year’s OIST Research Internship Program is on Tuesday, the 15th of October, 2019. The program will make their announcements for successful applicants on the following month of January.
For more information regarding the OIST Research Internship Program, check out their official contact below:
- Address: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University, 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
- Telephone: (+81) 98-966-2184
- Fax: (+81) 98-966-2887
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://admissions.oist.jp
27 thoughts on “Fully Funded OIST Internship, Enjoy Live in Japan for 2-6 Months”
I am ali i want scholarship at chapan
My name mir tameer hussain panhwar
I am a Agriculture student And my department of Plant Breeding Genetics
I am interesting to Applay this scholarship by (Bsc agri houns) Please
Supprt me plzzzzzzz
My name is Owais Asmat Ullah and I’m a b.tech student.
My question is that can i apply for that if yes than please support me
I am interesting to apply this scholarship
I’m also interest Agri, bcoz I’m still working agri n livestock with FAO
I am a honours graduate( Four years cours) with Master degree in Arts( Linguistic) from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. My name is Hafsa Binta Halim, very much interested in Japan and it’s arts & culture and have utmost desire to get a research scholarship there. I seek your kind cooperatio.
I am interesting if only I have the opportunity.
I’m from Somalia I need bachelor degree so can I get
My name is cabdimalik mohamad
I need degree in computer science and technology IT support me pleas
My name is kedir endris yimam, i was born in ethiopia ,east africa, iam graduated bachelor of science in plant science, so support me scholarship opportunity to learn my master of science.
Thanks so much
amRAFIKI fred am interested to get full funded scholarship plz help me
I want to study in Japan plus I want to know is there fully funded scholarship for Pakistani students ?
Iam fully intrested
I would like to join your scholarship program. I have a BSc. Degree with Water Supply & Environmental Engineering. From Arbaminch University, Ethiopia. In the year 2015G.c. In addition to this I have a certificate with GIS & Remot senssing, from Arbaminch University.
Thanks so much I’m too interested to study my Master in Japan plz help me an graduated in chemistry.0912977695
My name is Muhammad Rahmani
I am from Afghanistan
And i am fully interested
hi my ane is Dawit i am from Ethiopia and I have BSC in Electrical Engineering.
i am interested and happy to be part of this opportunity.
Hello my name is Mohamed salah l am from muqdisha
Which level can apply
Can I apply from uae
Hello my name is Mohammad Tareq Rahmani I am from Herat city Afghanistan and I am very happy to visit your web site.
I graduated from economic faculty in 2016
I love it so much
Hi im sofia ahmed i hope learn medcine
hello my name is palmenance ukwibishaka from Rwanda so i wish to learn medecine can you provide me information
Comments are closed.