About Khalifa University
The Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) is made up of the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI). The entire institution is one massive integration of research, education, and critical leaders in the spectrum of science and engineering. With the aim of becoming one of the most research-intensive universities of the century, the institution aims to further develop the pursuit of knowledge in the country.
As a world-class institution, the the goal of focusing on research, the Khalifa University has a few certain missions, as per listed:
- Applying new standards within the education, research, and scholarship spectrum, providing benefits not just for the UAE, but also the rest of the globe.
- Combining both research and education in order to create world leaders that would inspire both the nation and the world through applied science, engineering, management, and medicine.
- Empowering society by its practical and social skills, businesses, and capacity of have the pursuit of knowledge in the long run for the country.
- Turning Abu Dhabi and the UAE as a knowledge-driven country that would constantly strive for socio-economic development via active research within the nation’s economy.
- Innovating and integrating existing ways of learning and discovery within the high standards of the world.
- Developing a community of diversity filled with individuals who strives themselves on the acts of service, ambition, and talent by being in a supportive environment that supports creative inquiry, critical thinking, and humanistic values.
The Khalifa University is generous enough to provide scholarships to incoming students who have hope of pursuing graduate degrees offered by the institution. These scholarships will assist in covering all expenses that students are required to pay, from educational costs to living fees. The university hopes that with these available scholarships, future students of Khalifa University will be able to focus on their degrees without having to think about the burden of costs.
About Buhooth Scholarship
The Buhooth Scholarship is a fellowship that is offered to future graduate students that is intended to achieve the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and that is to turn the UAE into a hub of engineering and science research excellence.
In order to achieve the aforementioned vision, the mission behind is to by offering Master’s and Doctorate scholarships to citizens of UAE nationalities. With the promotion of graduate studies and research, and also to develop and expand human capital within the spectrum of science and engineering, for the good and the well-being of all UAE universities and institutions.
Successful candidates of the Buhooth Scholarship offered by the Khalifa University of Science and Technology will receive many generous benefits from the institution, which include:
- A monthly allowance that can be used to cover living costs and personal expenses.
- An all-expenses paid tuition through the candidate’s academic degree journey.
- A supportive environment that will enable the candidate to attend international research conferences.
- Multiple opportunities for recipients to go on an excursion at international Science and Technology research centers.
Regarding the amount of monthly stipend successful candidates to the Buhooth Scholarship will receive, these are the agreed fees (which may either be subjected to change in upcoming years):
- Masters of Science degree (Single): AED 30,000
- Masters of Science degree (Married): AED 33,000
- Doctor of Philosophy degree (Single): AED 36,000
- Doctor of Philosophy degree (Married): AED 39,000
If you are interested in applying for the Buhooth Scholarship, there are several criteria that must be obliged in order to be eligible for the program. These criteria include:
- Only candidates who hold existing UAE nationalities are allowed to sign up for the Buhooth Scholarship.
- Applicants must enroll in the Khalifa University of Science and Technology. In order to do so, candidates must fulfill the minimum requirements that are asked of the university. However, fulfilling these requirements alone does not automatically guarantee you a spot in the Buhooth Scholarship program.
- Applicants must provide an astounding academic track record which involves a satisfying GPA, non-academic experience, social community work, a history of research publications and etc. All these qualifications will be taken into account of whether you are eligible for the scholarship or not.
- Candidates must have fantastic credentials by proving it with letters of recommendations from top-ranked international institutions or well-established influential figures.
Candidates who are keen on applying for the Buhooth Scholarship are obliged to follow these several requirements:
- Applicants who are planning to sign up for this scholarship must take up one of the selected majors as provided and determined by the Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- Any candidate that is currently holding a Bachelor’s degree are required to sign an agreement which states that he or she will commit his or her time to complete their Master’s degree at the Khalifa University of Science and Technology under the Buhooth Scholarship.
- All successful candidates of this scholarship who are holding a Master’s degree are required to sign an agreement which states that he or she will commit his or her time to complete their Doctorate degree at the Khalifa University of Science and Technology under the Buhooth Scholarship.
How to Apply
If you are a scholar interested in applying for the Buhooth Scholarship, candidates are required to apply it through the internal Khalifa University Graduate Admissions process. Scholars who are applying for a degree in the Khalifa University of Science and Technology are immediately taken into account of a graduate scholarship, so there is no need for a separate scholarship application in order to take up the Buhooth Scholarship.
Applications for the Buhooth Scholarship provided by the Khalifa University are closed on Tuesday, 1st of October 2019.
If you’d like more information regarding the Buhooth Scholarship, you may refer to one of these contacts below:
- Office Hours: 8am – 5pm, Sunday – Thursday (Closed on public holidays)
- Address: Abu Dhabi Campus, PO Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Telephone: +971-2 401 8000
- Fax: +971-2 4472442
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.ku.ac.ae