Scholarships are offered widely around the world by governments, organizations and foundations, and even by higher education institutions. These scholarships come in two types: full and partial scholarships. Full scholarships cover all tuition and fees, and sometimes also cover living and travel costs, insurance, books, and some other necessary things for your study. Meanwhile, partial scholarships usually come in the form of tuition fee waivers, which cover only part of the tuition fee.
If you’re interested in studying healthcare or medical sciences, and you’re looking for a scholarship to support your study, you have come to the right place!
Here you will find some of the most recommended scholarships for both health and medical sciences students wishing to study abroad or already are. Before jumping straight to the list of scholarships, you should know the difference between health and medical sciences, so that you can get the idea of what interests you the most.
Introducing Health and Medical Sciences
A degree in health studies covers health in its broad context and investigates contemporary health issues. It gives you an in-depth understanding of health and healthcare and you learn to research, analyze and evaluate health and health-related issues from a multidisciplinary standpoint. Within health sciences, you can complete in-depth study in an area of health that is of interest to you such as human movement, indigenous health, international health or health promotion.
Possible careers in the health-related fields are:
- Health management
- Public relations
- Health promotion
- Project management
- Business development
- Health policy
- Work health and safety management
- Disability services management
- Government officer
- Health research
Students who hold a bachelor’s degree in health sciences can further their study in various health-related fields of study, such as:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Exercise Physiology
- Master of Public Health
Medical sciences provide you in-depth studies in biochemistry, cell biology, physiology, pharmacology and other related disciplines, leading to an in-depth understanding of human biology and associated research skills such as study design, statistics and laboratory techniques. Graduates may enter a diverse range of roles including post-graduate study, academia, the biotechnology industry, the pharmaceutical industry, consultancy roles, or unrelated disciplines which make use of the broad range of transferable skills gained through this degree.
As a medical student, you can specialize in an area of medical science that is of interest to you, such as anatomy and histology, applied medical sciences, microbiology or neuroscience.
Medical graduates can be found in areas such as:
- Medical sciences researcher
- Laboratory pathologist
- Medical sales
- Research and development in private or public organizations
- Medical administrator
- Pharmacologist in research organizations or hospitals
- Government sector
- Pharmaceutical industry
Medical and Healthcare Scholarships
Now that you’ve learned some things about both health and medical sciences, let’s get to the scholarships offered across the globe!
Although undergraduate medical scholarships are less common, there are still a number of opportunities for students to gain funding for a first degree in health and medical subjects. Here are some of examples of health and medical sciences scholarships on offer at all degree levels around the world.
- AFPHM John Snow Scholarship: Medical scholarships from The Royal Australasian College of Physicians, awarded to students at accredited medical schools and universities in Australia and New Zealand.
- University of Auckland John Hamel MacGregor Award in Medical Science: Medical scholarships for international and domestic students to study for a Bachelor of Medical Science or a postgraduate research degree at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
- University of Wollongong Scholarships: A range of medical school scholarships to fund study in the Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health at the University of Wollongong in Australia.
- AMA Minority Scholars Award: Medical scholarships for underrepresented students studying medicine in the US.
- American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships: International scholarships for graduates aged 35-50 who are interested in medical teaching or research, to study and undertake research in the US.
- ASCP Siemens Scholarships: A range of medical school scholarships for graduate medical technologists, technicians and scientists to study in the US at selected medical schools.
- ASME Grants and Fellowships: Various international scholarships for medical students, teachers and researchers to continue their medical education in the US and outside.
- Edith SeVille Coale Scholarships: Scholarships for women in their third year of medical school studying in the US at one of four medical schools near Washington DC, including Johns Hopkins University’s School of Medicine.
- Harvard Medical School: Medical scholarships including the Emirates Cardiac Society Scholarships, in which priority is given to students from the United Arab Emirates.
- University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine Awards: Doctoral scholarships for students enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at the University of Calgary in Canada.
- UCLA David Geffen Medical Scholarships: Merit-based scholarships for domestic and international students entering the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Provides financial support covering 100 percent of the four-year cost of attending medical school – including tuition, accommodation and other expenses.
- AMC Amsterdam Merit Scholarships: Medical school scholarships for non-EU/EEA students who are studying at master’s level in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
- Carl Duisberg Scholarships: Medical scholarships for students currently undertaking their clinical traineeship or practice year in selected medical fields. Eligible candidates include international students wishing to study in Germany and German students wishing to study abroad.
- Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Scholarships and Grants: Research scholarships for students within the fields of clinical or basic biomedical research wanting funding to conduct independent research in Denmark.
- The Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarships: Scholarships for international students to study at master’s level at the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden.
- Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine: A range of scholarships available to study an MBBS or BSc in medicine at Imperial College London, UK.
- King’s College London Global Health & Social Medicine: One bursary award available to all nationalities, for entry onto the university’s BA/BSc degree in Global Health & Social Medicine.
- QMUL John Abernethy (Barts) Scholarship for Medicine: Need-based scholarships for medical and dental students studying at Queen Mary University of London on an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) program.
- TEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics for African Students: Fellowship funded by the UK Medical Research Council, that allows a master’s students from sub-Saharan Africa to study at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) on the MSc in Medical Statistics.
- University of Edinburgh / Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh: Scholarships to study an MSc in Internal Medicine, an online distance learning course studied part-time over three years, delivered by the University of Edinburgh.
- Wellcome Trust Doctoral Studentships: A small number of doctoral scholarships available for students of any nationality to undertake medical research at doctoral level at a university in the UK, Ireland, or a low-to-middle-income country.
- HYMS MSc scholarships: Three MSc scholarships offered by the Hull York Medical School (HYMS) for both domestic and international students studying in clinical anatomy.
- CAMS Medical School Scholarship Program: One-time scholarship worth $5,000 provided by the Chinese American Medical Society (CAMS), for students in his/her first, second, or third year of study in a medical or dental school in the USA.
- James L. Hutchinson & Evelyn Ribbs Hutchinson Medical School Scholarship: Scholarships offered by the Silicon Valley Community Foundation for students who are enrolled or are planning to attend a medical school.
- The Zoetis / AAVMC Veterinary Student Scholarship Program: Scholarships provided by Zoetis and the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC), for students studying (2nd or 3rd year) at a school of veterinary medicine in the United States.
- The AUC Medical School: Various scholarships offered by the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) to medical students.
- University of Minnesota Medical School Scholarship: Scholarships and grants for medical students on the basis of financial need, academic achievement, academic interests, and/or their non-residential status.
- Arkansas Health Education Grant (ARHEG): Financial assistance for students seeking professional training in chiropractic medicine, dentistry, optometry, osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, and veterinary medicine in any state in the US.
- ARNF Research Grants: Grants for those holding an Arkansas Nursing license in good standing with the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (LPN, RN, APN) and have graduated from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program (applies only to applicants who have completed a Baccalaureate in Nursing or Master’s in Nursing).
- AAHD Frederick J. Krause Scholarship on Health and Disability: Scholarships awarded annually to students with disabilities who are pursuing a bachelor / graduate qualification at a recognized university in health and safety. This award encompasses public health, health promotion, rehabilitation skills, disability, hearing methods, disability research, special images and specialties that affect the quality of life of the people with disabilities.
- AOTF Scholarship Program: Scholarships for students enrolled in accredited academic Occupational Therapy programs.
Those are some of the many medical and healthcare scholarships that you may be eligible for. But scholarship is not the one and only solution, you can still pursue your healthcare careers by joining the best healthcare courses. Join now and get certificates!
53 thoughts on “31 Best Scholarships for Healthcare and Medical Students”
iam medical student so I interested to going canada because I want to live that
Gadisa oluma from Ethiopia Iwant to learn health science
Hi my name is Mohammad farid from Afghanistan I need this scholarship please help me my phone number is
Hi my name is Mohammed Ebrahim from Ethiopia pls can u help me
hi my name farxiya cisman
I from Ethiopia I just graduated
from high scholarship to study and
I need this scholarshp up my future
me contact me 00251939183719
I have not to go to university
pleace helip me
Please since before I have sent you as I need free from fee.Thanks
I am interested scholarship of health especialest eye
My name is seid musse kariye I live Ethiopia I need scholarships please help me my phone 0915773560
Hi my name is mikiyas addis from ethiopia and i need more this scholarship,so please help me to get this opportunity ,my phone number is 251920602877.i am Bsc nurse .
Thank you for your positve thinking helping us. If there achance for jobs and scholarship pleas help me im your brother.
To tell some barground about me, my name is melkamu embiale from ethiopia. Im gruaduted by hydrualics engineering in Bsc degree at haramaya university in 2018Gc. And I have good acdemic performance and interst to learn msc.
Hi my name is Asmatullah rahime I’m from Afghanistan i need this scolarship please help me
I am shehubeza.I graduted from civil engineering.I want to continue my master.if there is free full scholarship please support me.and you can contact me by email adress email@example.com
l want to get for walfar of mankind in field of physics
I have laboratory Bsc
I have BSC in nurse
First of all we would like like to appreciate for your positive thinking. To tell my background,my name is Gemeda Geneti from Ethiopia. I’m graduated by Bsc degree of Public Health from Jigjiga University. I am interest to learn Master of Public Health into your institution if i get chance. And I have good performance and background in my professional. If you select me contact us:
Phone number 0943010003
How can I apply to the scholarship
iam interesting to apply health related fields in Msc program
hey am saron from Ethiopia and I want get ful scholarship
my name is muntaha kedir from ethiopia so i gradguated bsc degree by nursing dep’t and i am very intersted this chance please contact me
I would like to study aboard and know new technic about medical and initiate in our country
Thanks for the Good jobs ….you are doing …From Ethiopia
Hi this keabzend hizkeal I want to study dental medicine in Canada I know I have potential but I can’t afford so please help me toget full scholarship
Hello my name is koang gach wiw from Ethiopia. I have been so tired for finding scholarships cuz I have a need to develop my skills but money didn’t offered my way. So please give a chance to study my bachelor in medical school. No doubt for my potential. I will do it cuz I need to do it. Offers me that chance and let you help me for how can I afford this wonderful thing in my life. I need to save my nation before I can get old.
I need scholarship plzz
I hope u will give me fully free funded scholarship for Ms in chemistry . i am right person for that scholarship I am very thankfull to u.
My name is nurto Suleiman Mohamed i from Somalia i need scholarships please help me contact +252616802338
Hello, my name is Gemechu Tadila wedajo from Ethiopia.please help me. I want to learn GIS and Remote sensing MSc by full scholarship. Now i am lecturer at Ethiopian university
hello my name farxiya cisman I from Ethiopia Just graduated from high school and I need this scholarship to study and build up my future me contact 00251939183719
I would like to lean degree
pleace helip me
Ilove canadanand canadian pleople
i am bedane gobena from ethiopia and i want to study heath science please help me to study
My name is Derrick simpemba am a zambian citizen i just graduated from secondary school i want you to help me to further my studies abroad i have no one to help me please i need your help my contact number: +260971643028. Please help me
I am from Ethiopia my current education level is BA degree in special needs education from very known University in east Africa ( Haramaya university).
Hello,I’m Kamaluddin,and I want to study BBA or Engineering of course Bachelor Degree
Am David Karemera from Rwandan Citizen I just graduated from secondary school i want you to help me to further my studies abroad i have no one to help me please I need your help my WhatsApp number is +250788745524
Thank you so much
Hi i am from Nepal .i want to study abroad and i need your help. Please help me
My name is liban Salah Abdullahi I am refugees in the Uganda Kampala I need scholarship program bachelor degree
Medicine please and please important myself
Hello my name is nimco ahmed Ali I live in somalia I congratulate hightschool interested scholarship
My name is Talib. From Zanzibar-Tanzania I want full scholarship to study degree of health science (MD) or degree veterinary (BVM) please help me
First of all we would like like to appreciate for your positive thinking. To tell my background,my name is GEMECHU TADILA from Ethiopia. I’m graduated by BA degree of GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES AND AM GRADUATED BY MA in stream of GIS and remote sensing and digital cartography from Addis Ababa University. I am interest to learn PhD of GIS AND REMOTE SENSING into your UNIVERSITY if I WILL get chance. And I have good performance and background in my professional. If you select me contact us:
Phone number +251928595620
Hi,am Susan Michael from Kenya,done with my education degree waiting to graduate in November,really interested in medical science, Will appreciate your sponsorship to pursue it
my nem yuusuf dhulcun l am somalia
l want scholaship c
Would like to be sponsored to pursue medical science.
Am Susan Michael, done with my degree in education science.
0714383458 is my number incase you need to contact me
I am firomsa tujuba from ethiopia i need this chance please contact me 0912777829 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I am firomsa Tujuba from ethiopia i need this chance please contact me by this email email@example.com or 0912777829
Iam abdi mohamud Muktar nationaliterally Ethiopian reality i love you
I’m in MBBS pleas give me a chance pleas we are related with poor fimly
Pleas sir help me i’m intrusted in MBBS my fimly so poor give me a set of scholarship. It’s my .ph no.03469820994
my name zeinab abduahi i live somali i will need scholarships because i did not have any universaty when i end the school i not go the universety plz if can help me plz plz you number ➕252634077920
Please send me the link so that i can apply for the scholarships please please please?
Dear Sir/Madam, this is zemenu ashebir from Ethiopia graduated with doctor of medicine and now looking for masters degree in public health. So, if the chance is available please consider me. Thank You
My name is Sitra and I am from Ethiopia.
I want a full scholarship from a medical university in China . How can i get it? Is there any available university you can recommend?
I am really desperate to get this scholarship. Please contact me by this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.