The Simon Youth Foundation (SYF) seeks to help students accomplish their dreams through the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship. The organization believes that a student’s financial situation should not prohibit them from continuing their education. As a result, SYF awards $1 million in scholarships each year to help students pay for their post-secondary studies.
Interestingly, the full scholarship consists of three different grants, depending on the recipient: Shari Simon Greenberg Community Scholarships, Simon Youth Academic Scholarships, and Greg Saunders Legacy Program Scholarships. All of them are provided for different candidates, according to the requirements criteria that the SYF selection team has set. However, the amount for each Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship varies.
Learn more about the life-changing program through this handy guide. Here, we have put together everything you need to know about the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship. The pieces include how it works, eligibility requirements, the application process, and the closing date. Without further ado, let’s get started right away.
About Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship
SYF is happy to assist young people in pursuing post-secondary degrees thanks to Simon’s incredible support and the Simon Supports Education project. The foundation believes that cost should not be a barrier to students continuing their education. As a result, SYF’s Simon Youth Scholarship program aims to alleviate this financial burden.
Families across the country are experiencing financial challenges now more than ever due to the global economic crisis. Thus, the foundation aspires to provide the highest degree of assistance to its scholarship programs. It strives to maximize the impact for as many students in as many areas as possible.
SYF is a national non-profit dedicated to assisting students in completing their education. It achieves this goal by awarding Simon Youth Scholarships to graduates of Simon Youth Academies and students who reside near Simon malls. Since its establishment, the foundation has maintained a 90% graduation rate at its 37 academies in 15 states, helping over 20,000 students obtain their high school diplomas and awarding over $18 million in scholarships.
As mentioned earlier, the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship consists of three different packages. For starters, the Simon Youth Academy Scholarship offers Simon Youth Academy alumni two- and four-year renewable scholarships. Meanwhile, the Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarships benefit the children of Simon Property Group employees, who are one of SFY’s most ardent sponsors. On the other hand, the Shari Simon Greenberg Community Scholarship awards one-time grants to graduating seniors living near Simon properties.
The amount of each Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship varies.
For instance, the Simon Youth Community Scholarships are given to graduating seniors from Simon mall communities. Scholarship awardees are eligible for a one-time $1,500 scholarship that can be used toward tuition at a recognized college, university, vocational institution, or technical school. Additionally, top-scoring candidates in select cities will be awarded an Award of Excellence, a renewable scholarship of up to $10,000 given to one student in each of the Simon areas.
Students who graduate from SYF’s 44 nationwide Simon Youth Academies, dropout recovery academies run in collaboration with local public school systems, are also eligible for another type of SYF scholarship.
The Simon Youth Academy Scholarships provide two- and four-year renewable scholarships to graduates of Simon Youth Academies. Scholarship candidates who get a two-year scholarship are eligible for up to $4,000 per year for two years. On the flip side, four-year scholarship awardees can get up to $8,000 every year for four years. Also, SYF grants the Best of the Best Award, which awards up to $10,000 per year for four years to a chosen number of outstanding applicants from all academies.
Finally, the Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarships are offered to dependent sons or daughters of Simon Property Group full-time or part-time employees. The scholarships are one-time only. Scholarship recipients can get up to $3,000 per year in funding. The good news is that recipients and candidates may re-apply for up to four years, even though the grant is not renewable.
Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet specific criteria to qualify for a scholarship. Meeting the scholarship’s eligibility standards is essential. In other words, it’s a good rule of thumb not to apply for a scholarship if you don’t entirely fit the requirements. Nonetheless, the greater your chances of receiving a scholarship are, the more qualified you are.
All candidates must satisfy the requirements below to qualify for the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship of their choice:
Shari Simon Greenberg Community Scholarships
Typically, to be eligible for this category, you must:
- Be a high school senior attending school, living in a Simon community, and planning to graduate by Spring Semester.
- Be a legal U.S. resident.
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school in the Fall Semester.
- Demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
Simon Youth Academy Scholarships
Generally, to qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be currently enrolled and graduating in the Spring or Summer Semester from one of the SYF’s Simon Youth Academies or be the Fall Semester graduate of a Simon Youth Academy.
- Plan to enroll in an accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational/technical, or trade school full-time in the Fall Semester.
- Attend your graduation ceremony if selected as an Academy Scholarship recipient.
Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarships
Basically, these scholarships are available to those who are:
- Dependent sons or daughters of full-time or part-time employees of Simon Property Group who have been employed for at least one year.
- 23 years old or younger.
- High school seniors or current college students planning to enroll in an accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational/technical, or trade school full-time in the Fall Semester.
Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship Application
Surprisingly, the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship application process is very straightforward. Its online application system makes it easy for anyone to apply on the spot. Follow this step-by-step guide to applying to the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship of your choice:
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on this page to create an AIM account using your email address and password: Simon Youth Scholarships.
- Log in to your AIM account to go to the Sim Youth Scholarship Application webpage.
- Enter your eligibility information.
- Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents.
- If needed, you may need to ask for a recommendation from a school representative, such as your high school principal, teacher, or counselor.
- Click the “Submit” button on the Save/Submit page of the online application.
- The status “Complete” will appear on your main AIM page when all your documents have been verified.
Make sure your application is complete by 11:59pm on February 16. The Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship selection team will not consider late or incomplete submissions. Suppose you’re looking for other recommendations of easy scholarships. In that case, you may want to check out this post: $2,222 YDI No Essay Scholarship by ScholarshipOwl, $2K No Essay Scholarship for High School and College Students, or Bold No Essay Community Scholarship: Easy Scholarship to Enter.
Do you need help with the application process? Or, do you have any other questions regarding the SYF scholarship programs? Send an email with details of the technical issue you are facing to SYF@applyISTS.com or call ISTS Program Support at (855) 670-4787.
Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship Official Website
Apply to or find out more about the Simon Youth Foundation Scholarship at https://syf.org.