You can study on fully funded or part-funded scholarships in Thailand. Thailand’s government and universities in Thailand offer scholarships to foreign students and local people every year and we also mentioned here one of the best Thailand government scholarships for foreign postgraduate students worldwide.
Thailand may not be the first country that immediately springs to mind when bearing in mind where to study overseas but the Land of Smiles provides a great deal for students who want to encounter something totally different. From exclusive courses and inexpensive living costs, to tropical scenery and a culture that encompasses every aspect of life, Thailand is paving the way for a truly mind-opening, unforgettable semester abroad.
If you choose to study abroad in Thailand, you can do so many amazing things while you pursue your academic ambitions there.
Approximately 54% of students studying abroad choose a European area. With just 11% of the study abroad heading to Asian countries, you’re sure to have a special study abroad experience in Thailand. Non-traditional destinations like Thailand offer numerous options and opportunities to students, which you won’t get at home or in other Western countries.
Walk outside your shell a bit to encounter a culturally interactive study abroad experience.
In 2000, the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) was launched as a program for the provision of postgraduate scholarships to partners in developing countries in part of the Thailand Government scholarships scheme. Realizing that knowledge transfer is an essential foundation of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers Thailand and its partners ways to connect their ideas and experience that would lead to long-term and sustainable growth for all.
During their study in Thailand the Royal Thai Government will cover the following expenses for successful students. The expenses include:
- Return economy class air ticket and airport pick – up service.
- Monthly subsistence, settlement, books and thesis allowance.
- Tuition fee.
- Visa arrangement.
To be nominated as an eligible participant of TIPP, a candidate must meet these criteria.
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
Below is the list of eligible countries/territories for Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP).
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao PDR
- Sri Lanka
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Africa
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Sierra Leone
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Dominican Republic
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Cook Island
- Marshall Islands
Please prepare one original with two copies of each document as these following items in order to apply as a candidate for this scheme offered by Thailand Government Scholarships program:
- TIPP application form here
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout Bachelor’s degree)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request)
How to Apply
The candidates must be nominated either by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by approved central government agencies for which the nominated applicants are currently employed. Nomination must be in accordance with the applicable nominating countries/territories policies and regulations. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ records to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories, to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand.
All forms are properly filled out and approved by the supervisor of candidates and the National Focal Point for International Cooperation in Development. All documentations relating to this must be in English.
Candidates must complete in the application form on the website of TICA: Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) online. Go to “Fellowships and Scholarships”, and click on “Thailand International Postgraduate Programme”. Choose “TIPP 2020”.
Donwload: TIPP Application Form.docx (79.1 KB)
As one of the Thai Government Scholarships grants, the registration for TIPP will be closed on 30 June 2020.
For more information, please contact;
Bureau of International Cooperation on Human Resource Development
Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA),
Government Complex, Building B (South Zone), 8th Floor,
Chaengwattana Rd. Laksi District, Bangkok 10210