The California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation (CLLCF) invites all eligible Californians to apply for a CLLCF Scholarship. This scholarship program was created to help outstanding students pay for their studies by providing financial aid.
If you are currently a full-time student and have a GPA of 2.5, CLLCF Scholarship may be ideal for you. Here is a complete guide on how to apply to the program the right way. We have also collected other relevant information only for our readers.
Without further ado, check this out.
About the CLLCF Scholarship
CLLCF is a non-profit organization formed to support and promote Latino history and culture in California. In addition, the organization seeks to educate the public about topics that are significant to Latinos in California.
Each year, the CLLCF grants a number of scholarships, internships, and mentoring opportunities to California’s Latino students in an effort to promote their growth. In particular, the CLLCF awards CLLCF Scholarships to deserving young people of good character and high academic performance to help them realize their educational goals.
Despite recent record enrollment rates for Latino college students, many of these students still face significant obstacles on their way to graduation. As a result, financial aid, particularly free scholarships like the CLLCF Scholarship, is crucial for Latino students who are impacted by growing living costs, low incomes, and statewide divestments in higher education, such as in California.
Many Latino students in California are the first in their families to go to college. According to a National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) report, average tuition fees for first-time, full-time undergraduate students in both public and private universities have increased in recent years compared to a decade before.
As previously said, one option for Latino students to manage their college fees is through scholarships. The CLLCF Scholarship can help Latino undergraduate and graduate students in California overcome this hurdle. The good news is that participants do not have to be U.S. citizens to be considered for the scholarship.
This academic year, the CLLCF Scholarship will give out 50 $5,000 scholarships to eligible California residents for educational purposes. For instance, qualifying scholarship recipients can utilize the funds to cover the following expenses:
- Tuition as well as other costs associated with college
- Living expenses
- Books, course materials, supplies, and other expenses necessary to complete the coursework
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in good academic standing at an accredited college or university or a graduating high school senior with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning
- Be residing in California
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit a completed application along with all required supplementary documents by the application deadline
As previously stated, citizenship in the United States is not required for this award. Students must, however, be Latino. In other words, students can be of any race because Latino is an ethnic category, not a racial category. Even better, past scholarship winners are eligible to apply again.
If any of these apply to you, keep reading to find out how to apply for the CLLCF Scholarship.
The CLLCF Scholarship Application
First of all, before applying to the scholarship, make sure to get these documents ready:
- Resume: Applicants must submit professional resumes including work history/internships, extracurricular activities, volunteer, leadership, and community service roles and honors/awards received.
- Two recommendation letters: Letters of recommendation must be submitted together with the online scholarship application by the recommenders.
- School transcript: All participants must submit an official or unofficial transcript from the most recent attended colleges.
- Acceptance letter: Prospective undergraduate, transfer, and graduate students must submit college acceptance letters from the college/university they plan to attend.
Next, to apply for the CLLCF Scholarship 2022, interested students can visit this link. There, applicants must fill out a form and upload important documents that they have prepared in advance.
Students who have been chosen for a scholarship will be contacted by email. A complete list of all scholarship awardees will also be posted on the CLLCF website and made public via a press release. Due to the huge number of applications submitted each year, the organization is unable to notify applicants who are not selected for a scholarship.
Applications for the CLLCF Scholarship open on March 15, 2022 and end on June 1, 2022 at 5pm. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be accepted. Also, unless all essential documents are uploaded at the time of application, the application will not be considered complete.
Again, candidates must be prepared to upload all required documents at the time of submission, as the online application cannot be saved after it has been started. To put it another way, applications must be completed all at once.
Additional questions and comments concerning the scholarship program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.