Why Choose Dalian University
Dalian University of Technology has become one of China’s leading science and technology institutions. In 1949, the university was established. It is a comparatively young university than other Chinese top national universities. However during its progress, Dalian University has collected almost 1,000 eminent awards. Although, Dalian University is relatively young Chinese University on its history of research in science and technology.
In 2019, Dalian University of Technology is at 128 ranking in Asia according to Times Higher Education statistics. Dalian University is proud of its engineering as chief among its academic subject strengths. This field of study offer well-balanced courses in applied sciences, economic sciences and humanities.
Dalian University of Technology consists of 14 colleges. These colleges or schools offer around 30 undergraduate degree programmes between them. Its campus facilities and buildings have modern design. Most of the university buildings are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced laboratories. The university expanded its vicinity in 2010. Currently, the university has opened three new buildings. And one of them is contemporary library building.
Located in the seaport city of Dalian in northeast China, the university is home to around 36,000 students. Recent years have seen a surge in international student numbers with more than 20 countries represented among its cohort. The university’s international focus extends to the recent creation of a School of International Cultural Exchange, which is responsible for attracting and supporting overseas students.
Dalian city is one of the most livable and vibrant cities in China. Its business and commercial ventures are sprawling. The Dalian University is located on the outskirts of the city. With its special economic zone, this suggests that international investment is prominent. Thus, the university students are benefiting from the Chinese business endeavors and overseas industry networking.
According to Lonely Planet, Dalian city is a tourist favorite destination. The Russian-style architectural building and a beautiful coastline sit side by side with famous swimming beaches of Tiger Beach and Golden Pebble Beach. Moreover, the nightlife and city shopping centers has been very famous as its nickname suggests, ‘Hong Kong of the North’.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Dalian University
The Chinese Government Scholarship or Chinese University Program (CUP), is open for application in Dalian University for 2020/2021 academic year. CUP is open for doctor or master degree prospective students, not including majors on literature and arts in other than Chinese. This scholarship only supports graduate programs, not for undergraduate. The scholarship duration is 3 years for master’s programs and 4 years for doctoral programs. Please see the following details of how to apply the scholarship.
- Dalian University of Technology (DUT) will offer the Chinese Government Scholarship
- Most programs at DUT are instructed in Chinese, and DUT also offer some English-taught programs. For more details on programs, please refer to the attachments below.
- The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Notice, covering major study and Chinese language study, cannot be extended in general.
- Students are NOT permitted to apply to change their specialties, institutions or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Notice.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants must be students who study in foreign countries (a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year).
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree programs must possess a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must possess a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Exemption from tuition
- Accommodation on campus;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
- Monthly allowance as following:
Master Degree Students: 3,000 CNY/month or around 431 USD
Doctor Degree Students: 3,500 CNY/month or around 503 USD
- Scholarship grantees will receive their monthly living allowance after registration
- New students who register themselves before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month
- And those who register after 15th will get half the amount
- Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university
- The allowance will be terminated from the following month after students suspend their studies, drop out of school or complete schooling from the university
- Monthly living allowance covers school holidays as well
- Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus.
- The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.
- Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment.
- The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves.
- With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave.
- The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
- The institutions or the entrusted medical assistance agency provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles.
- Please note for scholarship awardees, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
Application Procedures and Time
Please notice the following notes before proceeding to the application procedures:
- The applicants shall submit the application forms and materials to School of International Education, DUT from November 1, 2019 to March 1, 2020.
- The application deadline will be on March 1, 2020 postmarked
- All prospective applicants must have the Acceptance Letters from DUT Supervisors,
- Any application without the acceptance letters cannot be processed.
- Please check the List for DUT Master/Ph.D Application (Refer to Attachments)
- The applicants for Chinese Government Scholarship should fill in the online application and print the application form and sign it after submitting it online.
- The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available at http://www.campuschina.org
Note：When you fill in the online application, please refer to the following notice:
- Agency No. of DUT is 10141.
- Item 5. b) “Subject or Field of Study in China”, please fill in the majors or subjects which are listed in the DUT Master/Doctor Degree Programs. (Refer to Attachments)
- If you choose the English-taught programs, please indicate it on the application form.
- IF WE CANNOT CHECK YOUR INFORMATION IN ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CANCELED.
- For applicants who apply for Ph.D programs can also submit Application Form for Liaoning Government Scholarship at the same time. (Refer to Attachments)
- All the applicants are also required to submit the DUT online application at our website: http://iso.dlut.edu.cn
If we cannot check your information in DUT Online Application System, your application will be canceled.
For your information, The applicants should submit or sent by mail the following necessary application documents to DUT directly. See the mailing address at the section below.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words). Please expatiate on the major or research field you would like to study at DUT.
- Acceptance Letter from DUT Supervisor (Model refer to attachment).
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors from the university which applicants graduated.
- Photocopy of passport.
- If the applicants have the HSK Certificates, please submit the photocopy of the HSK Certificates.
- 6 pictures or photos (3cmx4cm).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report (applicants should keep the original one) filled in English. It is printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 month. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take medical examination.
Admission Notice and Enrollment Time
The admission notice will be issued to the applicants at the end of July, 2020, and enrollment time will be September, 2020.
The master program applicants for School of Economics and Management, please contact Ms. ZHAO Chunhong at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Acceptance Letter.
Ms. ZHAO Chunhong
Contact Person: Ms. Luna
School of International Education
Dalian University of Technology
Linggong Road No.2, Gaoxinyuan District
Dalian 116024, P.R. China
- Attachment:2020 Ph.D & Master Supervisor List.Xlsx
- Attachment:Acceptance Letter Sample.Docx
- Attachment:APPLICATION FORM FOR LIAONING GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP.Doc Attachment:Checking List For DUT Master Degree Application.Pdf
- Attachment:Checking List For DUT Ph.D Degree Application.Pdf
- Attachment:DUT Master & Ph.D Programs.Xls
- Attachment:FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM & INTRODUCTION.Pdf
- Attachment:Instruction For CSC Online Application System.Doc