PepsiCo has established a PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship program to assist children of employees who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. It will award the recipients with $5,000 worth of scholarship to help them fund their tuition, books, lab fees, room and board, and other related education expenses.
This program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
Before beginning the application process and to better understand the PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship program, please read the following guidelines and instructions.
PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship Program Overview
The PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship is an award designed to encourage and support post-secondary education for children of PepsiCo employees. The awards are offered worldwide for study at colleges, universities, and vocational-technical schools. Students may attend school in any country. The program is administered by Scholarship America.
The amount of each scholarship, which is up to $5,000 (USD) per year, is determined individually by Scholarship America. The family’s ability to contribute to the student’s educational expenses will be considered in determining the exact amount of the award.
Payment is made in one installment in August. Requests for alternate payment schedules and check processing will be considered on an individual basis and cannot be guaranteed. It will be made via wire transfer to the recipient.
The award may be used to pay for tuition, books, lab fees, room and board, and other related education expenses.
Awards are renewable at the same level for up to three additional years or until undergraduate degree requirements are completed, whichever comes first. Awards are for undergraduate study only. Renewal is based on full-time enrollment and satisfactory academic standing. A renewal form is sent in December.
Each country has different tax laws; therefore all recipients are responsible for checking with their local tax authority as to the taxability of the award. Refer to this article about what taxable scholarship is.
Who are eligible for the scholarship? Sons and daughters of PepsiCo employees who meet the criteria listed below are eligible to apply for the PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship.
- Dependent children, age 24 and under, of regular full-time or part-time hourly or salaried employees of PepsiCo Inc. Eligible employees, must be actively employed in good standing, or on an approved leave of absence during the verification process. Executives in LG4 and above roles and eCommerce employees in C2 and C1 roles are not eligible. (Dependent children are defined as natural or legally adopted children or dependent stepchildren primarily supported by the employee (i.e., the employee must provide more than half of the child’s total support during the calendar year).)
- Students in their final year of high school, secondary school, (upper) secondary school graduates, or current college/university undergraduates who will be enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire 2021-22 academic year.
The eligible divisions and entities are including:
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Frito Lay North America
- PepsiCo North America Beverages: PepsiCo Beverages Company, PepsiCo North American Nutrition, i.e.: Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, PepsiCo Canada Beverages
- PepsiCo Latin American
- PepsiCo Asia, Middle East and North Africa (AMENA)
- PepsiCo Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa (ESSA)
- Pepsi Bottling Ventures (North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, and Delaware)
How to Apply
The application for the PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship can be done online. Click here to enter.
Before registering, gather the following employee/parent information that is required to submit your application:
- Family financial data and school cost information
- PepsiCo employee/parent’s division or eligible entity (select from the list below), department, work location, and Global Personnel ID# (GPID)/Employee ID#
Bear in mind that you must also upload the following documents before submitting your application:
1. A complete transcript of grades (academic record)
Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
Students in their final year of high school/secondary school and students who have not completed a full year of college/university must send copies of their official final grades/marks from the past three or four years of (upper) secondary school and copies of their end-of-year exam results if applicable.
On the other hand, students who have completed one full year or more of college/university level courses should send a copy of their official college/university academic record for each year through the most recent grading/marking period.
2. IRS Form 1040
Required for U.S. students the first two pages of IRS form 1040 (for security purposes, please white or blackout all Social Security Numbers and bank account numbers).
Also, you must provide English translations for all non-English language documents. Copies of documents in the original language should accompany all translations.
Once you are ready to submit your application, follow the guidelines explained below.
- Review your application carefully. You may also want to have a parent review your application.
- You may make changes to any section until the application is submitted. Be sure to review again after each change.
- When you are satisfied that all information is accurate and complete, print a copy for your records. Do not send a printed copy to Scholarship America.
- Submit the application by following the instructions on the ‘Submit’ page.
- After you submit the application, no changes can be made. Your account will be closed and you will have no further access to your application data.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
The application must be submitted electronically by 3:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, February 5th, 2021. Please note that all correspondence throughout the application process is sent by email. It is your responsibility to monitor your email account for messages from Scholarship America. Students failing to provide a valid, active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration.
Have any questions regarding the scholarship? Send your queries by email to email@example.com. Or, you can post your questions by mail to:
PepsiCo Foundation ExCEL Awards ProgramOne Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082 U.S.A.
Visit the official page of the PepsiCo Foundation Scholarship on learnmore.scholarsapply.org for further information. You may want to check the website regularly to avoid misinformation as the PepsiCo Foundation may suspend, change, or terminate this program at any time without prior notice.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of financial need, academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of goals, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need must be demonstrated.
- All applicants will be notified by email in June.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Students failing to provide a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration.
- This is a competitive program. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
The selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of PepsiCo or the PepsiCo Foundation participate in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Recipients must complete and submit a signed Scholarship Acceptance Form before funds can be processed. Also, you must notify their school about the award and deliver the scholarship check to the school in a timely manner. Lastly, you are required to notify Scholarship America of any change in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information and to send a complete transcript when requested.