About Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan
The Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan is a non-profit organization that strives itself on acts of humanitarian services to society. Together with the foundation’s volunteers and workers, the Alkhidmat Foundation dedicates it time and energy to helping the underprivileged all over Pakistan and even overseas. Leading with its vision, “service to humanity with integrity”, the foundation focuses on a list of primary core issues, namely:
- disaster management;
- health services;
- orphan care;
- clean water;
- Mawakhat (interest free loan);
- other community services.
Besides being a non-profit organization, the Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan also works on a non-political and non-governmental basis. The foundation fully dedicates itself to working on humanitarian causes in order to improve the quality of life, health, education, financial sustainability, livelihood, shelter, availability of clean water, mosques, disaster rehabilitation, and other causes.
All this is done by reaching out to other communities and networking with other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and connecting with public and private humanitarian organizations. With their help, the Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan has received countless of support in its programs, which are useful for society.
About Alfalah Scholarship
The Alfalah Scholarship is a scholarship offered by the Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan in the hopes of providing financial assistance to deserving students who need help with their educational fees. Established in 1998, the Alfalah Scholarship has been granted to hundreds of talented students from various levels of education. These students include Matric, Inter, DAE, Undergraduate, Graduate, and Postgraduate students.
The motivation behind the establishment of this scholarship is to make sure that each student deserves an equal opportunity in pursuing their education, irregardless of their financial status. The foundation firmly believes that in order for society to have a brighter and better future, it all comes down with having the privilege of education in a supportive environment.
The Alfalah Scholarship is based only in Pakistan. During the year 2018, the scholarship has benefited a total of 1233 students. In the year 2019, it has helped 953 students in pursuing their education, whether they’re enrolled in schools, colleges, universities, medical colleges, or technical institutes. For the year 2020, the Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan has hopes and goals in reaching out to a larger amount of students all over the nation.
The exact value of the Alfalah Scholarship per student differs from year to year. This is due to the fact that the funds of the Alfalah Scholarship mostly come from support from other organizations and donations from society. However, over the past years, the Alfalah Scholarship has granted up to Rs2.000.000 (USD $28.000) to at least 825 students all over Pakistan.
Future scholars who are interested in the Alfalah Scholarship program are allowed to apply for this scholarship if they:
- are currently or planning to study as students of Matric, Intermediate, DAE, Undergraduate, Master, and/or Postgraduate programs.
- are orphans/do not have parents
- come from underprivileged families that require humanitarian assistance
- are facing acute financial issues that render them from pursuing their studies
- are recognized as Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- are coming from areas that are affected by natural disasters, such as earthquakes
- are students registered in government or public institutes. Note: if you are a student studying in an established private institute, you are still allowed to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants who are planning to sign up for the Alfalah Scholarship program are required to do the following items:
- Matric students are obliged to receive and maintain a minimum average of 70% on their academic marks
- Intermediate students are obliged to receive and maintain a minimum average of 60% on their academic marks
- DAE students are obliged to receive and maintain a minimum average of 60% on their academic marks
- Undergraduate degree students are obliged to receive and maintain a 1st ranking position or an average of 60% on their academic marks
- Master degree students are obliged to receive and maintain a 1st ranking position or an average of 60% on their academic marks
- Postgraduate degree students are obliged to receive and maintain a 1st ranking position or an average of 60% on their academic marks
In addition to all that, there is also a requirement that all successful recipients must do after obtaining this scholarship. Once a students graduates from the institution with the Alfalah Scholarship, he or she is required to pay back the a minimum amount of the stipend that they had received.
How to Apply
If you are interested in signing up for the Alfalah Scholarship program, future candidates are required to do the following steps:
- download the official Alfalah Scholarship form provided online (try to access the links below or contact the head office for latest form model)
Iqrar Nama (1) for Inter, DAE, BA,BSc, B.Com
Iqrar Nama (2) for Medical, Engineering, BS(H), Master, MS, LLB
- print out the form and fill it out with the right information according to your official registered documents
- visit the head office of your institute (Matric, Intermediate, DAE, Undergraduate, Master, Postgraduate) and have your form verified from the principal of the school or the head of the institute
- attach all required documents (CNIC, Domicile, Iqrar Nama 1 and Iqrar Nama 2 etc.) with the application form
- send the application form along with all of the other required documents by post mail to the address of your relevant region office (which you may ask for from the head office)
Besides the application form itself, candidates are expected to provide these important verified documents as well:
- a photocopy of CNIC
- a photocopy of father’s/guardian’s CNIC
- 3 recent photographs
- photocopy of current electricity bill
- a photocopy of any relative’s pension book or salary slip
- a photocopy of previous exams’ results
- a photocopy of previous year’s or semester’s fee slip
- a bonafide certificate (with details of the course that the student will take)
- Iqrar Name forms
Candidates might encounter some problems in finding the online applications form on the Internet. Should you encounter some of these problems, please contact the Head Office as soon as possible.
Applications for the Alfalah Scholarship usually close on October and announce on December each year.
There are several Alfalah Scholarship offices located in each region of Pakistan. However, if you required these region office contacts, you can simply as from the Alfalah Scholarship Head Office instead.
- Address: Al-Muqeet Centre, G. T. Road Kharian District Gujrat, Punjab
- Cell: 0345-1414457
- Office Phone Number: 053-7531630, 053-7602170
Another alternative you can contact Alkhidmat.org at
- Telephone: 0800 44 44 8
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org