About Harbin Institute of Technology
The Harbin Institute of Technology, founded in the year 1090, is a research university based in Harbin, China, and is a member of China’s equivalent of the Ivy League campuses. Having become a university that is open, multidisciplinary, and research-oriented, the Harbin Institute of Technology is a prominent national university that focuses on the fields of science and engineering as its main areas. In addition, the university also encompasses the fields of management, liberal arts, economy and law as well. Throughout more than 100 years since its establishment, the Harbin Institute of Technology has harbored the motto: “One University, Three Campuses (Harbin/Weihai/Shenzhen)”. As the founding member of the C9 League, having distinctive relations with the government and the other nine top campuses in china, the Harbin Institute of Technology is considered in the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
About HIT Chinese Government Scholarship 2020
The Harbin Institute of Technology is currently opening its doors for foreign students all over the globe and mainly outside of Mainland China. Scholars who wish to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree are highly encouraged to register for the HIT Independent Recruitment Program. The HIT Independent Recruitment Program is a scholarship program that will cover all tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee. This program is also initiated and granted by the Chinese Government Scholarship and is verified by the Ministry of Education.Future candidates will be required to send in the necessary application materials according to the university requirements. After that, the Harbin Institute of Technology will choose the best candidates and recommend them to the China Scholarship Council.
Successful candidates of the Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 at Harbin Institute of Technology will be entitled to the program’s generous benefits that will help you ensure that you have a smooth educational journey in China. The program’s value includes:
- Selected candidates will be exempted from the registration fee.
- Selected candidates will be exempted from the tuition fee.
- Selected candidates will be exempted from the accommodation fee.
- There will be a Comprehensive Medical Insurance provided for selected candidates up to 800 RMB per year.
- There will be a monthly stipend granted to selected candidates. Details of the monthly stipend are as follows:
- Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB per month
- Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB per month
To all upcoming future candidates of this scholarship, please be notified that new candidates who plan to apply on or before the 15th will be eligible for a full stipend of that month. However, new candidates who plan to apply after the 15th will be granted only a half of the stipend of that month.
Before you can apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 at Harbin Institute of Technology, all future candidates must fulfill this list of criteria to be considered eligible for the scholarship program. There are several different eligibility criteria for different programs, but there are some general criteria as well. The eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Candidates must hold a non-Chinese citizenship from any country that is not China.
- Candidates must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Candidates must be international students who are from outside of China or are former graduates from universities in China.
- Candidates who are planning to apply for a master’s degree course must hold a bachelor’s degree under their possession. In addition, they must also be under the age of 35 years old.
- Candidates who are planning to apply for a doctoral degree course must hold a master’s degree under their possession. In addition, they must also be under the age of 40 years old.
- Must have an astounding academic track record during the periods of their previous studies.
- Must show an ability and remarkable potential within the field of scientific research.
As an additional precaution, all candidates must be notified that this scholarship is unable to be combined with another type of scholarship. Therefore, applicants who choose to pursue this scholarship must only stick to this program.
Besides being eligible to join the program, future candidates of the Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 at Harbin Institute of Technology are obligated to provide several required documents. These administrative documents will not only help you secure a spot within the scholarship, but it also plays a key role in determining whether you will be suitable enough to be chosen for this scholarship – so make sure you provide your required documents well. The required documents are as mentioned:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
- The Chinese Government Scholarship form can be accessed by click the link here. Don’t forget to choose “Scholarship Type: B” with the code: 10213.
- Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
- All candidates that have graduated from university must give an original notarized pre-graduation certificate in both English and Chinese. The notarization must be done through a formal institution as the signature or the seal from school or the working unit alone is not enough.
- Academic Transcripts from previous studies.
- While academic transcripts are not required to be notarized, it is obliged to have the transcripts signed and sealed official from your institution. If you’re transcripts are in other languages, it must be translated into English and Chinese with formal notarization.
- A study or research plan.
- Your study or research plan must be written in not less than 800 words in either the English language or Chinese language. You may download the study or research plan form by clicking the available link here.
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Please be noted that the form will be printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department. This form is restricted only for students who plan to pursue their education in China for a period more than 6 months. All records must contain a signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants. Without any of those requirements, your record will be considered invalid.
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
- All candidates are obliged to post the paper application materials with a photocopy of the remittance receipt. Payments are considered non-refundable.
- Remittante Information:
- Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
- Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
- Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
- Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- SWIFT/BIC: ICBKCNBJHLJ
- Language proficiency certificate.
- Chinese medium courses: report of HSK4 or above (score: 210 or above, valid for two years).
- English medium courses: IELTS (5.5 or above) or TOEFL (80 or above) report (valid for two years).
- Or English proficiency certificate provided by previous academic institutions
- Certificate of No Criminal Record.
- Acceptance letter (Optional)
- While it isn’t highly necessary, it is highly recommended that candidates contact their professors before the application to enclose their acceptance letters from supervisors of the Harbin Institute of Technology.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 at Harbin Institute of Technology, there are several instructions that must be followed to ensure an efficient and effective application process. The application procedure are as follow:
- Successful candidates are to fill out and submit all necessary documents that are required by the program. The documents are to be submitted in envelope by postal only to the address stated below this post. Do not forget to clearly mark “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
- The Harbin Institute of Technology will check all of your application materials that have been submitted. Once reviewed, the HIT committee will make any form of necessary adjustments regarding the specialties and the time period of the study. This is also when the committee will start choosing which candidates are qualified enough based on the administrative papers that they have sent.
- Successful candidates that are chosen by the Harbin Institute of Technology will automatically be granted the Chinese Government Scholarship, which is endorsed by the CSC and submitted to the Ministry of Education to be accounted for.
- Successful candidates are obliged that review all of the information that has been posted on the admission notice. Students are to not change their supervisors, specialties, institutions, period of study, or instruction language.
- After checking and re-checking, successful candidates may start preparing the logistics of their enrollment into the Harbin Institute of Technology.
Keen on applying for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 at Harbin Institute of Technology? Then you better start preparing yourselves! Here are some of the program’s important dates that you need to take note of. Please don’t miss out on any of these dates – failure to meet the deadline will automatically result you in disqualification from the application procedure.
- October 15th, 2019 – December 25th, 2019: scholarship application is opened for candidates to submit in their application materials to the College of International Education.
- September 30th, 2020: university registration for all selected candidates – please be noted that if you fail to register before this date you will be considered as having your scholarship grant given up.
Have any more inquiries or concerns about the Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 at Harbin Institute of Technology? Don’t worry! Just reach out to any of the following contact information that we have provided below for your reference. Happy applying, future scholars of the world!
- Ms. ZHAO Lin (English)
- Tel: +86-451-86402455
- E-mail: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
- Ms. LI Dongmei (English)
- Tel: +86-451-86402455
- Ms. PIAO Yuejin (Korean)
- Tel: +86-451-86412647
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mr. LIU Wei (Russian)
- Tel: +86-451-86402455
- Ms. SHAO Wei(Mongolia, Japan)
- Tel: +86-451-86412647
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin (150001), China
- Website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/