There are many institutions across Pakistan that offer short courses for Pakistani students and professionals to enhance their skills. These short courses are offered in various disciplines and can be completed in less than a year, still providing all the lessons taught in a degree program.
Below you can see some of the best available short courses in Pakistan. Follow the link to each of the institute’s website to see further information.
Virtual University Professional Certificate Short Courses
The Virtual University has introduced Certificate Courses for professionals working in the industry as well as for the public at large. The courses are offered to retrain professionals in new emerging areas of Science and Technology as well as provide the public with an opportunity to study basic subjects which may be of general interest.
Certificate Courses are offered in 5 disciplines: Computer Science, General Science, Humanities, Management and Mathematics. Each course has the duration of one semester (18 weeks). These courses are offered in the following fields of study:
- Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- Humanities Distribution
- Mass Communication
- Probability and Statistics
Candidates are required to be able to read, write and understand English language to be eligible for the Certificate Course. There is no restriction on age, sex and educational qualifications.
Candidates may apply for admission to a maximum of 4 courses for a semester. However, students already enrolled in a Virtual University degree / diploma program are ineligible for admission towards certificate courses.
Each Certificate Course is of 3 credit hours (except Islamic Studies and Pakistan Studies). The earned course credit hours are transferable towards degree / diploma program of the University. Course certificates will be awarded by the VU Academic Department to the candidates after the successful completion of coursework requirements.
Visit the Virtual University website to see further details.
PIQC Institute of Quality Short Courses in Lahore
PIQC is a leading Institute of Pakistan that provides academic programs, professional diplomas and certifications, short courses, and corporate development in Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA) and Total Quality Management (TQM), Human Resources Management (HRM) and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE).
PIQC executive short courses, seminars and workshops are delivered by experts and professionals providing state-of-the-art knowledge and experience. These courses are also delivered as in-house on request of the companies.
Short courses at PIQC are offered in the following subjects:
- Total Productive Maintenance: TPM emphasizes proactive and preventative maintenance to maximum the operational efficiency and equipment. It blurs the distinction between the roles of production and maintenance by placing a strong emphasis on empowering operators to help maintain their equipment. The duration of this workshop is 2 days.
- Certificate in Quality Assurance: This short course provides the fundamentals in understanding the core elements of the Quality Assurance for multi-discipline participants and professionals.
- Advance Toolkit for QMS Auditors: The course is developed and delivered by experienced Quality Engineering and Management professionals. Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to identify and analyze the critical success and failure factors of QMS practices, become familiar with and identify the use of Quality Engineering and Management tools and methods used for upgrading business excellence through ISO 9000, and identify various relevant tools now to be used in ISO 9009:2015 Transition to up gradation of new requirements. The duration of this training is 2 days.
- Communication Skills for Managers: This 2-day workshop offers practical tips, tools and techniques to become an effective communicator.
- Fire, Safety & Rescue Management: This course aims at giving intensive knowledge and practical training on fire safety and rescue management to relevant personnel in the company / organization, so that fire hazards can be reduced to considerable limits if not eliminated. The duration of this course is 2 days.
- ISO 9001:2005 QMS – Key Changes & Impacts: This course is offered to provide knowledge in understanding the changes in the ISO 9001:2015 new version, so that participants of this course are able to effectively implement changes in the organization and have fair information on tools to be used during the transition. The duration of this course is one day.
- Stress Management at Work Place: This 2-day comprehensive program will focus on cutting edge time management techniques. It will also focus on effective and healthy ways to reduce stress and keep it in the healthy zone.
- Theory of Constraints: TOC assists managers to identify and resolve the most significant constraints or inefficiencies in the system, enabling other processes to operate at higher volumes leading to higher output and revenues. The duration of this workshop is 2 days.
See further details and other courses at http://piqc.edu.pk/short-courses/.
AIMMS-Pakistan Short Courses
Established in 2004, AIMMS-Pakistan is the largest network in the country. AIMMS has introduced Regular Classes in multiple technical and healthcare courses. Within this program, you can complete 2 diplomas of 1.1 year each in only 60 days of training. These short courses in Islamabad are available in morning and evening shifts. Classes are launched under the expert and renowned foreign qualified supervisors / instructors.
AIMMS also provides free counseling and job opportunities in Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and in the European countries, at the end of the course.
Courses are offered in the lowest fee structure worldwide, with technical courses offered at 15,000 PKR and healthcare courses offered at 25,000 PKR.
AIMMS offers the following courses:
- Nebosh IGC Level 3 UK (30 days)
- IOSH Managing Safety Version 4 (9 days)
- IOSH Working Safety (3 days)
- IOSH H2S Oil Fields (3 days)
- OSHA 30hrs (accredited by IBOEHS USA) C. Safety (15 days)
- OSHA 30hrs (accredited by US) G. Industry (15 days)
- Fire Safety (accredited by USA IBOEHS) (3 days)
- First Aid & CPR (accredited by IOBOEHS US) (3 days)
- International Diploma in OSH (Level 6, UK Safety Council) (150 hours of study)
- Package IOSH + First Aid Safety + Basic Safety (1 month)
For more information, visit the AIMMS website.
IT BETS Short Courses
BETS provides you the help to develop and learn new IT skills through its short courses designed by highly qualified IT professionals, offered in air-conditioned labs and at flexible timings throughout the week. These courses impart many key concepts and skills — making you more productive at home, work and in studies.
Courses at BETS are offered in the following subjects:
- Basic Computing: This course provides a foundation of computer skills on which learners will be able to build and enhance further concepts in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Windows Applications, and Internet Explorer. The duration of this course is 2 months.
- Basic Graphics: This course is designed especially for creative minds who want to develop their skills and portfolio, which will help them to achieve a professional edge in Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw. This course takes 2 month of duration to complete.
- Web Designing: This course is focused on concepts related to visual representation, layout and design of a website. Courses include trainings in Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, and CSS. The duration of this course is 2 months.
- Advance Graphics: This advanced course imparts many new concepts and helps you achieve a higher level of expertise in the field of visual communication. Learners could work as web designers, animators, graphic artists and Photoshop or Multimedia specialists. This course includes training on Adobe Photoshop (CS6), Corel Draw (XS) and Adobe Illustrator. The duration of this course is 4 months.
- Advance Excel: This course helps learners use advanced mathematical formulas, create impressive charts and graphs, automate calculations and manipulate and crunch large amounts of data with ease. This course only takes a month to complete.
- Pre-Programming: This course is designed for beginners who want to build strong foundations in the world of programming. Under the guidance of BETS highly skilled instructor, learners will study all the basic concepts of algorithm designing, use of correct syntax and writing and execution of basic programs in C++. The duration of this course is 2 months.
- Auto-CAD: Auto-CAD software is used to create blue prints and drafts of buildings, bridges, circuits or computer chips. It is widely used in construction, engineering, architecture and interior design. You will be able to sketch, draw and draft with Auto-CAD like a professional and gain employment in a wide variety of construction and designing fields. The duration of this course is 2 months.
- TV Post Production: This course focuses on the technical as well as creative aspects of television production. During this 6-month course learners will study strategies and techniques used by professionals. Learners will be trained in using Adobe After Effects (making promos and channel ID), Adobe Premiere Pro (with non-linear editing), and 3D Max (modeling, V-Ray Lights, animation, interior modeling, architecture designing and product development).
- Web Development: This course is ideal for technology enthusiasts who want to develop and run their own website but lack basic skills and expertise. This course will help you create, run and maintain a website and its back-end database. Learners will be trained in using PHP, Java Script, and SQL. The course takes 2 months to complete.
- CAD / CAM for Fashion & Textiles: If you aspire to produce your own line of clothing, then this course is ideal for you. It will equip you with the knowledge to use CAD and CAM to produce adaptable designs and techniques. The duration of this course is 2 months.
For more information on IT BETS Short Courses in Lahore, Pakistan, visit http://bets.edu.pk/it-short-courses/.