University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) Scholarship 2020 is a part of Chinese Government Scholarship. The scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008. This year the opportunity is open again. Those mainly come from Asia and Africa, who want to apply the opportunity, the below paragraphs gives an overview and details. Furthermore, be noted that application deadline is March, 15, 2020 online. Therefore, make sure to apply before the closing date.
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Please refer to the website of China Scholarship Council for details of each item http://www.campuschina.org/scholarships/indexdp40.html
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy. They must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year. Please also noted that the education background and age limit for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2020). While for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2020).
For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2020. Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding (2019-2020) cannot apply for this scholarship.
Choices of Graduate Programs
USTC Scholarships offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at USTC, please check on Master’s Degree Programs List and Doctoral Degree Programs List.
Duration of Scholarship
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
There are several steps to apply the Scholarship. The steps are as below:
Step 1: Online Application for CSC Scholarship
After logging, please choose Type B and fill in 10358 as agency code for USTC. After filling in the application form online, applicants must click the “submit” button and print out application form in the application system. Sign and put a recent photo on the application form. Scan the application form and upload it later on USTC application system.
Step 2: Online Application for USTC Admission
The online application includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations. Create your online application ID with a valid email account and input a password of your own. You will receive a confirmation email. Log on your application ID and fill in all the information and upload required documents. The online application can be accessed and edited as many times as you like before the deadline of application. Your information will be automatically saved once you click “NEXT” when you finish each step. Submit your application form by clicking “Confirm and Submit” upon completion. Note that once your application pass “file review”, your information CANNOT be changed. You can click “Status” in the Quick Links to check your application status.
Step 3: Original Application Documents Submission
After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted). Application materials arriving after April 10, 2020 will not be accepted.
With regards to the application materials, there are several points to considered. The lists are as follow:
- Application form with signature and recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport with validity of at least 1 year.
- A study or research proposal no less than 800 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Other than the above lists, there still several additional lists such as:
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese but do not apply for one-year Chinese language courses, must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
- If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
USTC will review all the applications submitted before the deadline. Decisions for admission and granting the scholarship will be made on the basis of applicants’ academic record, research abilities and other aspects related.
Then, the list of nominated candidates will be sent to China Scholarship Council (CSC) for review in May, 2020. After the name list is approved by CSC, the scholarship awardees will be notified by USTC and admission documents will be posted to the awardees in July. Note that the new school year shall start in September, 2020. Later on, the specific date of registration will be written on the admission notice.
In case that the applicants need more information, kindly E-mail: email@example.com (the only email address for CSC application in USTC; messages sent to other email addresses may not be received or answered properly; please always indicate “CGS-CUP” in the subject of your email for any inquiries regarding your application to us). Otherwise please check the website at http://isa.ustc.edu.cn.
3 thoughts on “USTC Full Scholarship by CSC Chinese Government”
HOW CAN CONTACT SUPERVISOR FOR SELECTED UNIVERSITIES!
i wanna join
I want to join
Comments are closed.