The University of Adelaide Scholarships offers a number of Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. Awards for international RTP recipients are prioritized for those undertaking research in areas of University research strength.
This is a good news for those who seeks for a scholarship in the university. Including those that lives in Asia and Africa, you are now eligible to apply the scholarship. If you wish to get more information about the criteria and the scholarship benefit, the below paragraphs will bring a little bit overview on the University of Adelaide Scholarships program.
There are several criteria for those who wants to apply the University of Adelaide Scholarships, especially for Asia and African student that plan to applied. Check the below criteria for a clear information.
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enroll in their academic program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided) or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honors degree. (In Australia an Honors degree is generally a one year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honors is available as part of the final year of a four year undergraduate degree. It is recognized as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organizational skills. It also demonstrates an ability to undertake high-level study.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
There are several benefits to receive if successfully become the selected candidates. In general, the benefits of each scholarships will be as follow:
Research Training Program Fee Offset
Provides a fee offset scholarship which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program (Research Master: up to 2 years; Doctor of Philosophy: up to 4 years). Any gap between the RTP Fee Offset and the Tuition Fees charged is waived by The University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program.
Research Training Program Stipend
Provides a living allowance of AUD28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
Research Training Program Allowance
Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses. Further details of terms and/or benefits can be found in the below:
Overseas Student Health Cover
For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders, the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student, their partner and dependents for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. Note that the amount of OSHC coverage will be fixed at acceptance. Upgrades from single coverage to dual family or multi family will not be funded and any amendments to an existing policy will be at the expense of the candidate.
An award holder who relocates to Adelaide to commence their program of study at the University of Adelaide is entitled to receive a relocation allowance to cover travel and removal expenses. A Relocation Allowance Claim Form must be completed and lodged with original receipts attached within 3 months of travel. If the original receipts are not in English, a translation must be provided. The maximum value of the allowance is:
AUD$1,000 per adult (maximum of 2 adults)
AUD$500 per dependent child
RTP holders are eligible to receive reimbursement for costs related to the production and submission of the thesis (e.g. editing, printing, binding) and the costs relating to publishing of academic papers or book chapters. The maximum allowance that can be claimed for all of the above mentioned costs is:
AUD$840 for Doctoral candidates
AUD$420 for Masters by Research candidates.
Following submission of the thesis or acceptance of an academic paper for publishing, a claim for reimbursement of costs can be made on the prescribed form, supported by original receipts of expenditure.
The information in the article might not sufficient enough. Therefore, write a note on the several contact person related with the enquiries. They are as follow:
- Adelaide Graduate Centre Tel (08) 8313 5882 or email email@example.com
- Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
- Only allocated to international applicants in the Major Round. Applications close 10 July 2020.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application in mid-October 2020.
- Recipients must commence their research program in semester 1, 2021 (between 1 January 2021 and 30 June 2021).
- Applicants are expected to commence studies as soon as possible in the approved semester.
It is not possible to defer the award.
Be notified in case the information above also still not sufficient, then feel free to visit the webpage https://scholarships.adelaide.edu.au/Scholarships. Hence, you will able to find out a more clear explanation including criteria and document preparation.
11 thoughts on “The University of Adelaide Scholarships, an Australian Government Research Training Program”
Thank you for your scholarship.
as will of God, if possible, can I apply for this best of best opportunity?
I have BA with Business Management from Governmental university, with reach administrative skill as well as experience.
I’m looking forward your kind responce.
Thanks in advance for your scholarship program notification.
I have Msc. in Water supply and Sanitation Engineering from very known Government university and Currently I was employed as lecturer in university and doing research besides teaching undergraduate students in the fields of water supply and Environmental Engineering. I have a plan to pursue PhD in your best university. I am waiting to hear from you.
I ‘m very interest
Hi sir/ madam
My name is moahamed mohamud abdi i stay somalia i was finished form four secondary school or last class of school my score was very high A- i want scholarship it was my dream so if you can help me help
Thank you so much
I am thethnin from Myanmar.I am a demonstrator at department of chemistry technology University. I want to achieve phD in your best university. My major is organic chemistry. I am waiting to hear from you
I’m very interesting in your shholarship program.I graduated from the university of Liberia with a BSc in chemistry. I have read on the application process partially. My I get further information sir.?
My name is George Brefo from Ghana. I am currently offering MTH Program in Theology with an interest in research in the area of creation care. Hopefully i will be graduating in December 2021. Am considering undertaking doctoral research in this same field in the area of creation care in your institution. Please let me this possibility of researching in this area in your institution. Thanks.
I am from Ethiopia, have graduated BA degree in purchasing and supply management and Masters degree in logistics and supply chain management. Thus, ineed to participate in a training.
I won’t to go in usa
It is a very interesting program. I am very interested in your program. I’m from Myanmar. As you know Myanmar is a small country and very poor in Educational. I am graduated with LL.B . But it is not enough for me I am trying to get more chance to continue my education. When I see your program I am very excited. I hope it would be my great chance. I hope your best response.
Thank you very much.
Have a good day.
How can i apply?
Comments are closed.