About the Scholarship Program
Chinese Government Scholarship open its 2020 scholarships for international students. This scholarship program covers Masters and Doctoral degrees. Chinese Government Scholarship or Chinese University Program (CUP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE). Its noble objectives are to develop talented international individuals and to promote the perception of China’s higher education. In particular, this CUP scholarship information is directed for Zhejiang University.
About Zhejiang University
Zhejiang University has been China’s leading higher education institution. Its academic roots and reputation can be traced back to 1897 and the establishment of Quishi Academy. The university’s outstanding reputation has been reflected in its motto “Seeking Truth and Pursuing Innovation.
Times Higher Education ranking place Zhejiang University on 81-90th in 2019. While currently, it is on 107th position. In Asia region, Zhejiang University is on 14th position. All these global achievements have long been because Zhejiang University specialty of research namely; spaceflight, large aircraft assembly technology, clean energy, marine technology, industrial control technology, and global public health initiatives related to the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Zhejiang University is located in Hangzhou. It is one of China’s most beautiful cities. The university consists of 7 faculties and 36 schools. With more than 3,500 full-time academic staff members, Zhejiang is flourishing with zest. There are around 45,000 undergraduate students the campus brims with academic nuance.
The university has also established cooperation with 140 overseas institutions in more than 30 countries worldwide. In this cooperation, there are renowned institutions like Imperial College London, Princeton University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
There are 6,000 international students studying abroad. And there are around 8,000 teachers and students participating annually in its various overseas exchange programmes. Zhejiang University has claimed to be one of the world ‘s academic institutions.
The Scholarship Benefits
The CUP offers the following benefits for the scholarship applicants. For more detailed information, please view web page of Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships at website of CSC .
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
The benefits mentioned above are to be given according to the categories of applicants and the duration of the scholarship. They are as follows:
- Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
- Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Please mark your calendar, the application deadline will be on March 31st 2020.
All the necessary application should be posted to the Office of Admissions for postgraduate program of the International College of Zhejiang University. The application materials submitted by email will NOT be accepted. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
The envelope of application package should be marked “Application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2019”. Any incomplete application materials will not be processed. See below for the required application documents.
Please also note the winter break starts from January 18th 2020 to February 20th 2020. Please expect postpone during the above-mentioned time period. The application will be processed after the beginning of the new semester.
Please refer to the following list of criteria for the CUP Zhejiang University for 2020 academic year.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
- Education background and age limit:
- – Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have master’s degree.
- – Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should have a competitive or good academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
- Language proficiency requirements:
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency is insufficient, they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
There are NO Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they must have a TOEFL IBT test score of 90 or IELTS test score of 6.5 (or above).
Applicants must provide the following materials. Please also note that necessary documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The application documents are in duplicate and each copy is bound in the following order:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size). Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register), then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first ,then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate stating expected graduation date.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (filled in English). The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. (if applicable)
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Zhejiang University will review all the applicants’ submitted documents in details. The decisions for admission and for granting the Chinese Government scholarships 2020 will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
The name list of the scholarship awardees for postgraduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review within the specified time period according to CSC’s provisions
After receiving the application materials, the university will check applicants’ information and process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China. If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need resend the Application Form; otherwise the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China.
After the name list is reviewed and approved by the China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university in July 2020 and Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent to them in late July or early August 2020.
Field of Study Specialties
In the following list, please check your intended degree program.
- Field of study for the 2020 Doctoral Degree Programs List.
- Field of study for the 2020 English-instructed Doctoral Degree Programs List.
- Field of study for the 2020 Doctoral Degree Programs List of Medicine College
- Field of study for the 2020 Master’s Degree Programs List.
- Field of study for the 2020 English-instructed Master’s Degree Programs List.
- Field of study for the 2020 Master’s Degree Programs List of Medicine College
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor .
Or for further information regarding the academic colleges/departments and the prospective supervisors, please visit Graduate School and Academic Structure.
Note: Please pay close attention to the web site of International College for changes and update of information.
Please note down the following mailing address for the application bundle. Do not write the address wrong. You should notice every numbers and address. Further detailed information, please contact the Zhejiang University address below.
Room 418, International College Building, West Zone, Zi-jin-gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou，China
Post Code: 310058
Tel: +86 571 87951537
Fax: +86 571 87951755
19 thoughts on “Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University”
I want a scholarship for the government of china
I wish you could help me for getting this opportunity
My name is Abdirizak Abdulle Ahmed
Ilive in mogadisho somalia
Ineed bachelor degree And iwant free scholarship thanks All of them
I’m Kwame Joseph I need bachelor degree in petroleum engineering .when can I start please?
Its one of the good university in China we All students know that but I wanted to join Bcit in computer science.
My name abdirahman said yasin i live in bosaso i need master of pharmacy i want free scholarship thanks all of them
I want china scolership to university
mr / mrs Iam study hight school 2018 2019
I went free scholarships
I want master scolorship
my name is ibrahim i am from afghanistan i want to get admission in master degreein law or international law
How i recieve this sclorship..?
I’m interested in joining this scholarship
I went to learn my first degree in China scholarship program.
My name is Morwinna padmore
I live Monrovia Liberia, I need a bachelor degree . I’m really in need of a scholarship from China. Pls . Thanks for this .
I am Albert Y S Kamara from Sierra Leone. I will be graduating with a BSc in Accounting and Finance at the University of Makeni Sierra Leone West African on 22nd February 2020. Would i be qualified for the scholarship. I did a search through the website you provided above for the application Chinese Language appears. Please i would like you to help me with the application form if i am qualified for the scholarship.
My name is Zerihun Negesa Kajela from Ethiopia. I want free scholarship.
I,m interested this options please give this chance thank you so much
Last year I applied for a Masters’s degree at Zhejiang University in the English instructed course. I have an IELTS score of 7.0. But the University rejected me on the ground that I have no HSK (Chinese Language) though the University declared that English instructed course need not Chinese Language. I have to incur $300 for the application. So I hate this type of hypocrisy.
Samrawit Degarege Aynalem
I am interested.please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.