About Maastricht University Holland
Maastricht University is a well-known institution that is based on the beautiful country of the Netherlands. Filled with a huge number of people, with approximately 18,000 students and 4,400 employees, Masstricht University is not only a huge favorite within the local people of the Netherlands, but it has also garnered massive attention from international scholars and academicians as well. This is no surprise – the university takes pride in reinventing their education model. In addition, the university also uses a unique kind of approach towards the fields of research and education. By integrating international character and multidisciplinary fields, students of Maastricht University are expected to graduate as dynamic members of society.
What’s even more shocking that Maastricht University is considered to be the Netherlands youngest university, and yet, the institution has built up an astounding reputation as a campus filled with the most diverse, international student body and faculty start. As the coordinator of the Young Universities for the Future of Europe, Maastricht University aims to create a strong focus on social engagement to create beneficial networks within the world of academia, as well as non-academia communities. If you’re looking for your next university to pursue your future degree, Maastricht University is definitely your next stop.
About Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship
If you are an international student who wishes to study in Maastricht University, but would require some financial assistance, then you’ve come to the right place. The university has scholarship entitled “the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme. Throughout this scholarship, the committee will be offering a total amount of 24 full scholarships that are worth up to €29.000. The scholarship already includes coverage for the grantees’ tuition fees and monthly allowances. Financial funding will be provided on an academic yearly basis, and is only provided for some of the most talented scholars who are residing outside of the European Union (EU).
However, the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship is only catered to scholars who plan on pursuing a Master’s degree programme. The scholarship is made possible thanks to the funding made by the Maastricht University itself, as well as the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science. This is also made possible by a network of Dutch universities who share the same goal in opening their doors to international students who are living outside of the EU/EEA and giving them the opportunities to study in the Netherlands.
Curious as to what the scholarship holds for you? Well, good news for all of you! Since the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship is regarded as a full scholarship, their funding will cover a majority of both your academic and your non-academic expenses as you live your lives as a student in the Netherlands. However, we highly encourage that you have a savings in hand so that you could be totally prepared for any unexpected matters that requires extra money. Or if these things should happen, you could always consult with the scholarship committee.
The program value of the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship includes financial funding for:
- Living expenses: € 12,350* for 13 months or € 23,750* for 25 months (this will be paid to grantees by the Maastricht University International Services Desk.)
- Health & liability insurance: € 700* (this will be arranged and paid by the Maastricht University International Services Desk.)
- Visa application expenses: € 171* (this will be arranged and paid by the Maastricht University International Services Desk.)
- University tuition fees: € 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme (this will be arranged and paid by the Maastricht University International Services Desk.)
- Training costs for pre-academic matriculation: € 695* (this will be arranged and paid by the Maastricht University International Services Desk.)
Please be noted that these scholarship funds may be subjected to change depending on the existing scholarship policies by the academic year of 2020/2021. So keep yourself posted, future scholarship applicants!
In order to apply for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship, there are several qualifications that all future candidates must pass through before they can continue with the application procedure. As these criteria will be used by the committee to fully assess all incoming applicants, please take each of these criteria as seriously as possible. Failure to meet all of them might result you in disadvantageous consequences to the overall outcome of the scholarship. Below are the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- All candidates must hold a citizenship that is outside of the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam. In addition, candidates must be able to obtain an entry visa as well as a residence permit to live and study in the Netherlands.
- Must not own a double citizenship from any EU/EEA country.
- Must have applied for a full-time Master’s degree programme for the academic year of 2020/2021 at Maastricht University, as well as meeting the specific requirements that are asked of the degree programme.
- Have never obtained any form of education in the Netherlands. However, alumnus of exchange programmes held in the Netherlands are allowed to apply.
- Must not be older than 35 years old by the 1st of September, 2020.
- Has displayed astounding academic results, with preference given out to students who have achieved the top 5% of their graduating class.
Besides fulfilling the eligibility criteria, all candidates must be able to gather up all of these necessary documents that are important to the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship application procedure. Just like the eligibility criteria, all of these required documents are equally important as well. Once you’re already fixed on signing up for this scholarship, be sure to gather up all of these documents as soon as you can to avoid any unnecessary last-minute pressure. That’s the last thing applicants need before signing up for an important scholarship programme such as this.
The Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship Requirements include:
- Curriculum Vitae: must be updated, has relevant information about the candidate in terms of their past education and job experience, and must be at maximum 2 A4 pages.
- Letter of Motivation: should no longer be more than 1 A4 page, and must specifically address why you deserve this scholarship and what will you contribute to the university should you be accepted by the programme and the institution.
- Proof of academic excellence: can be in the form of university transcripts, letters written from your past Head of Department or Registrar – don’t forget to include in their contact details, with their permission of course.
- The contact details of your referee: this is to ensure that the scholarship committee can double check the validity of your referee by directly contacting them. Family members are strictly disallowed to be regarded as the candidate’s referee.
How to Apply
There are three major steps in applying for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship. All of these steps are specific and elaborate. Therefore, please pay attention to the application procedure. If you require further information on the process, you can always take a look at the official website that we have listed out below this article. The Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship application procedure includes:
- Step 1: Register for a Master’s Programme via Studielink.nl
- Register for one of the many available Master’s degree programmes provided by Maastricht University. If you would like more information about the unversity’s offered programmes, you can always take a look at their official website.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form with your UM account
- Once you have registered in the university, you can begin your official scholarship applications. Besides filling in the provided application form with all of the necessary correct information, candidates will be asked to upload their required documents in certain formats, such as .doc, .docx, or PDF format.
- Step 3: Ask your referee for a reference letter
- Before you ask your referee to provide the reference letter that’s required, please have them pay attention to the scholarship reference letter guidelines. This will ensure that your referee is able to write up a sold, relevant reference letter.
Once you have all of that jotted down, please make sure you have the application closing date noted as well. The official closing date of the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship is up to and including the 1st of February 2019. All applications must be submitted by then. If any candidates are to submit in their applications way past the deadline, their application is immediately disqualified from the application procedure. With that said, all candidates are highly encouraged to start on their applications as soon as possible.
- Visiting Address: Bonnefantenstraat 2, 6211 KL Maastricht
- Postal Address: Maastricht University, Student Services Centre, UM International Services Desk, PO Box 616 6200 MD Maastricht
- Telephone: +31 43 388 5388
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/support/your-studies-begin/coming-maastricht-university-abroad/scholarships/maastricht-university#amount