About Chalmers University of Technology
The Chalmers University of Technology is a university that is located in the charming, tucked in city of Gothenburg, Sweden. Living up to its name, the Chalmers University of Technology is a well-built institution that primarily focuses on the study fields of technology, science, shipping, and architecture. With these intended focuses in mind, the university does its best to only provide the best education and conduct elaborate research plans that are in line with the knowledge of these disciplines. In addition, the university does not just chase after the academic prestige that comes along with creating a well-established university, but the Chalmers University of Technology also aims to conduct their activities within a global framework that can provided sustainability within a world-wide landscape.
The university currently has a total amount of 13 department each with their own specific field of education. However, of all these 13 departments, all of them share the same goal of providing enough room for their students to explore ideas and create new innovations. It’s no wonder why a massive amount of students are interested in studying in this university. You would be surprised that the student body itself is comprised of approximately 10,300 full-time students. However, not only are students attracted to the university. Even fellow workers would like to get their chances on working with their university. With a number of 3,100 employees, the university is bound to keep growing as the years passes by.
About IPOET Scholarships
The Chalmers University of Technology are currently offering scholarships for hand selected individuals who are have shown prospective potential in their fields of studies. Under the IPOET Scholarships, all of these scholars will be granted with several financial benefits to assist them throughout the course of their studies in the Chalmers University of Technology. As a newly-founded scholarship, just established in the year 2019, the IPOET scholarships will be offering financial funding to a total of 50 fee-paying, well-deserving students who wish to pursue their further education in the university.
Administered and awarded by the Chalmers themselves, the scholarship caters to all of the current Master’s degree programmes that are provided by the university. This is good news for scholars who come from different types of specializations. In addition, the scholarship is only made available for 1st year Master’s programme applicants. If you’re a scholar has not pursued a Master’s degree beforehand, then this is a wonderful opportunity for you to get a head start on your future academic path. Last but not least, since this is an international scholarship, only citizens who originate from non-EU/EEA nations who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies can apply for the IPOET scholarship programme.
While the IPOET scholarships may not be a full scholarship, the partial funding that’s given out is helps students a lot with their financial needs. These benefits are intended for students who require financial assistance to continue their studies. Therefore, not only is the scholarship programme looking for candidates who are academically-talented or has a great results – the programme will also be searching for candidates who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
The programme values of the Chalmer’s IPOET scholarships includes a 75% subsidization of the scholars’ overall tuition fees (which lasts for a period of 4 semesters/2 year programme). Should scholars do extremely well with their studies during the first year of their studies, they will have the chance to gain a bigger reduction of their tuition fees – the programme is willing to cover 85% of the total cost of tuition fees during the second and final year of their Master’s degree studies. However, there will be no transferred funds to all recipients of the scholarship. Which is why all candidates who plan on signing up for this scholarship should have a backup monetary fund if they plan on pursuing their studies overseas.
As stated beforehand, there are mainly three criteria that must be adhered to in order to be able to apply for the IPOET scholarships. If you wish to apply for the scholarship, you must be able to follow of these criteria – failure to do so may result in disadvantageous consequences to the overall result of your scholarship. First off, the scholarship is only made available for 1st year Master’s programme applicants. This means that all candidates of the IPOET scholarship must not have pursued a Master’s degree beforehand. Second, since this is an international scholarship, only citizens who originate from non-EU/EEA nations who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies can apply for the IPOET scholarship programme. Lastly, the scholarship caters to all of the current Master’s degree programmes that are provided by the university. You can take a look at some of the Master’s programme that are provided by Chalmer’s University and their respective rankings by visiting this link here.
How to Apply
Now that you have double checked your eligibility for the programme, it’s time to start applying. The IPOET scholarships application consists of a Master’s degree programme application procedure as well as the IPOET scholarship applciation procedure itself. In simpler terms, before you can apply for the scholarship, you must apply to the university beforehand. Below are the application procedure’s for the university admission as well as the scholarship registration.
How to Apply for Master’s Degree
- Choose the Master’s degree programme of your wishes that are provided by Chalmer’s University (Master’s degree programmes.)
- Read up all of the requirements that need to be taken before applying for a Master’s degree programme.
- Time to officially apply by conducting the online application at universityadmissions.se. Take note, you can apply up to four programmes in the university.
- Finish up your online application by sending in the necessary documents that are required of the application procedure as well.
- Pay the application fee. For scholarship applicants, it is highly advisable to read more about what kinds of fees applies to non-EU/EEA citizens. If you are a fee-paying applicant, you are more than welcome to give out the university’s scholarships, such as the IPOET scholarship programme.
How to Apply for Scholarship Programme
- Be informed that you are only able to obtain the scholarship application form if you have paid the application fee beforehand.
- Visit the online scholarship portal.
- Please have your 8 digit application number that you have received from your account/application at universityadmissions.se
- Use the same e-mail address that you have used when your registered for an account at universityadmissions.se
- Make sure that all of the submitted data that you have sent in beforehand during your Master’s degree application is valid and legitimate.
- Once you have submitted in your application form online, you will be sent a verification code to your e-mail. If it doesn’t appear in your inboxes, trying checking your junk/spam e-mail.
Excited to give the IPOET scholarships a try? Then you better jot down the official closing date! The deadline for the Chalmer’s IPOET scholarships is on the 15th of January, 2020. With only more or lesst two months away from the official deadline, we highly encourage all future candidates to start their applications as soon as possible. While the time of your application does not have an influence towards the results of your scholarships, if you can do it now, might as well take action from this very second.
And with the fact that the applications will take place online, we suggest that candidates don’t submit in their applications at the very last-minute. This is due to the fact that online application systems may experience a series of high traffic nearing the closing date, which may cause some severe problems towards the entirety of your application procedure.
In addition, the official announcement will be made at the earliest by the end of March 2020. Unfortunately, all candidates will not be able to receive any preliminary notifications beforehand, whether you will end up receiving the scholarship or not. Whatever the results may be, all candidates are recommended to be ready for the overall outcomes. All notifications will be sent through e-mail, so please check your inboxes on a regular basis.
We here understand that tons of future candidates have different needs and several unique inquiries. If you have further questions or concerns about the IPOET scholarships programme that you would like to address, we have you covered! You can always contact any one of these official contact information below. Last but not least, don’t forget to put in your very best into the application procedure. Happy applying, future scholars of the world!
- Address: CHALMERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY – SE-412 96 GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (switchboard): +46 31 772 1000
- Phone (admissions): +46 317722590 (The phone line is open Monday to Friday 10am-11am CET)
- Direct dial: +46 31 772 + extension
- Fax: +46 31 772 3872
- Website: http://www.chalmers.se/en/education/fees-finance/Pages/iPOET.aspx