About Donghua University
Donghua University, oftentimes simply referred to as DHU, was initially established in 1951 as China Textile University. Based in the downtown area of the remarkable city of Shanghai, and just neatly tucked in within the Hongqiao Economic Development Zone, DHU is a campus that has been the main attention of the local Ministry of Education of China. DHU is better known for some of its specializations that are offered to students of their university. Some disciplines that have been a popular favorite within students include Textile Engineering, Fashion Deign, Material Science, International Trade, as well as Information Technology. These unique university courses have not only garnered massive attention from domestic students originating from China, but they have also started creating waves within the international spectrum.
As a multi-disciplinary university, it is no wonder why Donghua University offers several different undergraduate and graduate courses that cater to the youths many educational needs. While some of their popular degree programmes tackle the disciplines of textile and fashion, which has always been a key integral role within the campus’ history. DHU also offer other courses in engineering, economics, management, literature and art, laws, science, and education. With a total amount of 13 colleges and schools, 54 undergraduate programs, 59 master’s degree programs, 30 doctoral degree programs, and 5 postdoctoral research programs, it is no wonder that DHU is able to attract the attention of a mass, variety of young students.
About the Shanghai Government Scholarship
As an effort to attract more international students to come study in their university, Donghua University has been offering students worldwide with a well-known scholarship programme called the Shanghai Government Scholarship. Established from the year 2006, the university provides more or less 40 openings each year for the Shanghai Govenmernt Scholarship. This scholarship programme is intended for students originating from all over the globe who wish to either pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship is only applicable for several programs that are provided by Donghua University, which includes:
- Chinese-taught Bachelor鈥檚 Programs (except B.A. in Chinese Language)
- Duration: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study).
- Master鈥檚 degree programs except International Business (MIB)
- Duration: 2.5-3 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
- Doctoral degree programs
- 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
For the Shanghai Government Scholarship, the programme provides two kinds of financial benefits. First off, the programme provides a full scholarship (Type A) where successful grantees will be awarded with a waiver of tuition fee, free on-campus dormitory accommodation, monthly stipend (bachelor’s programs: 2500; master’s programs: CNY 3000; doctoral programs: CNY3500) and a Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China. On the other hand, the programme also provides a partial scholarship (Type B), where successful grantees will be awarded with a waiver of tuition fee, and a Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
All future candidates of the Shanghai Government Scholarship programme in Donghua University must adhere to a list of requirements that have been set out by the programme itself. All of these requirements must be met and the scholarship committee will take each qualification seriously. Should any candidate fail to meet any of these requirements, they will have their applications revoked. Therefore, please do a double check to make sure you’re eligible for the Shanghai Government Scholarship programme. The scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- All applicants are required to be international non-Chinese individuals who hold non-Chinese citizenship.
- All applicants must be in good physical health to join the scholarship program.
- If you are a Master’s degree holder who is applying for a Doctoral program, you must be under 40 years old by the time of application.
- If you are a Bachelor’s degree holder who is applying for a Master’s degree program, you must be under 35 years old by the time of application.
- If you are a high school graduate who is applying for a Bachelor’s degree program, you must be under 25 years old by the time of application.
- All applicants must display an astounding level of performance in both their academic history as well as their extra-curriculum programs.
- All candidates must not be rewarded by any other scholarship from other China-based government, institutions, or organizations/establishments.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, there are a couple of application instructions that need to be adhered to. Please make sure that you don’t miss out on any of these steps. Please also be noted that before you can even sign up for the Shanghai Government Scholarship programme, you will be required to register yourself in the Donghua University beforehand. Therefore, once you have received a letter of admission from DHU, you are then eligible enough for the Shanghai Government Scholarship.
Check out these application instructions below:
- Take a look whether Donghua University provides the academic degree programme that you wish to pursue and make sure that programme is covered by the Shanghai Government Scholarship as well.
- During the midst of your application to Donghua University, you can actually apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship at the same time. All you have to do is complete the application form on study.shmec.gov.cn and you can save all of your information beforehand in the database.
- Once you have save in all of your information on the Shanghai Government Scholarhip website, you can now fill in the official DHU online application form at admissions.dhu.edu.cn. After that, submit the hard copies of the complete application materials required and pay the application fee as well.
Now that you are all set for the Shanghai Government Scholarship programme, it’s time to take note of the important closing date. The closing date for applications takes place on the 31st of March, 2020. This deadline only applies for candidates who plan on applying for the fall intake of Donhua University. Please be noted that all candidates a must send in their applications by the closing dates – should any candidate submit their applications past the closing date, their applications will not be acknowledged by the committee and they will automatically be dismissed.
In addition, we highly encourage all candidates to submit their applications way before the closing date. Since this is an online-based application procedure, there is bound to be heavy online traffic nearing the end of the application period. With heavy online traffic, there might be a possibility that the website will crash, which will then affect your applications procedure. Therefore, have your application and documents from the earliest moment that you can so that you will have an easier time submitting your applications.
Still need more information about the Shanghai Government Scholarship? Then look no further! We have all the available contact information that you need just in case you need to ask more questions or inquiries. Whether it’s a small question about the program’s value or a heavy one regarding the programme’s application procedure, always ask the questions you need answers to. Last but not least, don’t forget to give out your 100%, either for this scholarship, or the next. Happy applying, future scholars of the world!
- Address: 1882 Yan’an Road West, Shanghai, China, 200051
- Telephone: 86-21-62378595, 62379336, 62373452
- Fax: 86-21-62708702
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://english.dhu.edu.cn/_t276/scholarships/sgs/list.htm