About the Swedish Institute
The Swedish Institute is a public establishments that consists up of to 140 employees and has offices in both Stockholm and Paris. The establishment is formed on the basis of promoting Sweden in other nations, displaying Sweden’s skills and experience, strengthening relations with other countries, and developing strong networks for lasting relations with overseas countries. The Swedish Institute achieves all these missions through several initiatives. One of these initiatives include distributing scholarships to students who are interested in pursuing an education in Sweden.
About the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)
Recipients of the Swedish Institute of Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) will be entitled to these following generous benefits provided by the programmes:
- All expenses paid tuition by the Swedish Institute
- An SEK 10,000 monthly stipend to cover living costs
- A one-time SEK 15,000 monthly grant to cover travel expenses (applicable for students who are not currently living in Sweden)
- Health insurance
- A membership to the SI Network for Future Global Leaders.
- A membership to the SI Alumni Network.
Notice: unfortunately, the scholarship does not cover additional stipends for family members or the application fees needed for the University Admissions.
Before you are able to register for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), you must meet these criteria to make sure you are eligible for the program. All future candidates must meet all of these criteria. Failure to do so will automatically result the candidates to having their applications dismissed by the programme. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Country of Citizenship
- All candidates must come from a country and hold a valid citizenship from a country that is considered eligible by the programme. Click here to see more about the Country of Citizenship criteria.
- University Admissions
- All candidates must be able to pay their tuition fees in Swedish universities, must have completed their procedures that are required by the University Admissions, and must provide a proof of their acceptance into an eligible Master’s degree programme. All this is done by the very latest April 3rd, 2020. Click here to see more about the University Admissions criteria.
- Master’s Programme
- All candidates must choose a Master’s degree programme that is provided by the Swedish Institute and is considered eligible by the Swedish Institute scholarships. Click here to see more about the Master’s Programme criteria.
- Work Experience
- All candidates must have a minimum working experience of 3,000 hours. Click here to see more about the Working Experience criteria.
- Leadership Experience
- All candidates must be able to display extraordinary leadership qualities that is gained through current or previous employment in a certain community or institution. Click here to see more about the Working Experience criteria.
- Other eligibility criteria
- All candidates must adhere to several other eligibility criteria such as dual citizenship, previous residences, and studies in Sweden. Click here to see more about other eligibility criteria.
All required documents that will be needed by the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) will be posted on the website nearing the application period. However, be prepared to have a copy of your passport ready, with all of your personal data such as full name, citizenship, and photograph displayed clearly. In addition, all candidates are only required to submit in the documents that are required by the programme. Other extra documents that are not needed will not be regarded. When the programme has provided all of the official application forms and templates, please complete them in English. You must fill in the application form entirely. If not, your application will be dismissed.
How to Apply
Let’s finally get started on your application! In order to register for a Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), there are two main applications that you will be required to register. The first application is the Master’s Programme Application which will be done online through its official website (www.universityadmissions.se). The second application is the SISGP Application itself. Kindly pay attention to these application instructions as per stated below.
Master’s Programme Application
- Candidates must choose a Master’s degree programme that is available on the Master’s degree programme provided by the SISGP. The list of programmes will be made available to the public by the very latest November 6th, 2019.
- Choose up to four eligible master’s programmes of your interest. Once you have made up your mind, you can apply up to four Master’s degree programmes via universityadmissions.se. Please do this by the very latest January 15th, 2020.
- Please be noted that the University Admissions is a different kind of separate system. It is a national online application service that is responsible for university admissions in Sweden. The University Admissions does not have any affiliation with the Swedish Institute (SI). Therefore, be reminded that the eligibility criteria and the application procedure for the University Admissions and the SI scholarships are both different.
- After you have applied for any of the Master’s programme online through their website, you will receive a confidential application number. This number will have eight digits. Make sure you have this number saved and secured, because you will require that number when you finally apply for the SISGP. Type in the correct number during the online application. If you don’t type in the correct number, your application form will be dismissed.
- The application fee receipt and all necessary documents that are asked of the University Admissions must be submitted by the very latest February 3rd, 2020. Unfortunately, the application is cannot be refunded, so make sure you have your mind 100% set before you sign up for this scholarship.
- Should you fail to meet any of the deadlines or are unable to follow the application procedure that has been set out by the University Admissions, you will be considered ineligible by the University Admissions. As a result, you will also be disqualified for a Swedish Institute Scholarship.
- Once you are done with the University Admissions procedure, which includes your application for a Master’s degree programme, you are now considered eligible for a Swedish Institute scholarship application. For all necessary documents and forms that are required by the programmes, you may refer to the lists above this post.
- After you have gathered all of the necessary documents and forms, please submit them digitally through their online application portal. Kindly have this done during 10-20 February 2020.
- To open the online application portal, you may do so from 00:00 CET 10 February 2020 to 23:59 CET 20 February 2020. This is the only time period where candidates are able to access the page.
- Notice: since the Swedish Institute usually receives a high amount of scholarship applications, the online application portal may undergo through some heavy pressure by the end of the application period. Therefore, all candidates are strongly urged to not submit their applications at the very last minute so that everyone has an efficient time during their application period.
Keen on applying for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)? Well here’s your chance. But before you starty preparing all of your documents, you better take note of these important dates! Please be reminded that future candidates are highly recommended to pay attention to these dates at all times. The program will not be responsible if any candidates fails to meet one of the important dates that have been set out by the SISGP.
- 16 October 2019 – 15 October 2020: Candidates must register for a Master’s degree programmes by via the University Admissions website.
- 10 February 2020 – 20 February 2020: Candidates may start applying for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals programme.
- 03 April 2020: Candidates will start receiving notifications regarding their applications from the University Admissions staff.
- 24 April 2020: The programme will announce all 300 selected candidates of who will be granted the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals.
All accepted grantees will start their Master’s degree programme during the fall/autumn season of the semester. While waiting for the announcement, candidates are highly recommended to take a look at some of the other scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute. You can do so by clicking on this link here.
Do you need more information about the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)? Don’t sweat, we’ve got you covered! Besides all of the things we have mentioned above, you can always refer to one of these many contact details provided by the official committee. Always be sure to ask all of the questions you don’t know the answers to. Happy applying, future scholars of the world!