Turkey is one of the country that provide scholarships for all nations every year. Specifically the opportunity is a great chance for those that wish for a better education level and financial supports. This year, in 2020, Turkey offers scholarships for international students from all parts of the world, including Africa and Asia, to experience study in many prestigious Turkey’s universities. For detail information, including the benefit, selection criteria and ways to apply the scholarships, check further on the below paragraphs.
About The Scholarships
Türkiye Burslari Scholarships 2020 is one of the government-funded from Turki. It bring a competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. This scholarships also aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries. Therefore, it is expect to bring some mutual understanding among societies, mainly in the country.
Türkiye Scholarships can mention as a unique program that it’s not only inclusive of financial support but also provides university placement to its awardees. It helps to provide scholarships at all levels of higher education. Therefore, the successful candidate shall experience the most suitable place for study in the country.
Programs and Levels of The Study
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels. Other programs cover Research Scholarships, Short-term Scholarships, and Turkish language and culture program. Applicants shall apply for the most suitable program accordingly.
Benefit of The Scholarships
Those who pass the criteria will able to receive several benefits. The lists of the given scholarships benefit is as listed in below points.
- Undergraduate will receive University and program placement, Monthly Stipend: 700 TL per month, Tuition Fee, Once-off Return Flight Ticket, Health Insurance, Accomodation, and One year Turkish Language Course
- Postgraduate program will receive University and program placement, Monthly Stipend: Master’s: 950 TL per month; PhD: 1400 TL per month, Tuition Fee, Once-off Return Flight Ticket, Health Insurance, Accomodation, One year Turkish Language Course.
- Short term program: Monthly Stipend: Bahcelor’s: 440 TL per month; Master’s: 590 TL per month; Phd: 880 TL per month.
- Research program: Monthly Stipend: 3.000 TL per month.
- Turkish language and culture program: Monthly Stipend: 2.000 TL per month, Once-off Return Flight Ticket, Accomodation, Turkish Language Course.
Evaluation and Selection Process
All applicants must consider the evaluation and selection process criteria. It is important to notice that anyone that not able to fill the selection process criteria will not eligible to receive the fund nor the placement. Furthermore, the selection process is a strict concern and criteria. Hence, all applicants must sufficiently follow the given instruction when applying the scholarships. In general,
- PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT: all applications are reviewed based on basic criteria such as minimum academic grades, age limit, required documents etc.
- SHORTLISTING: Applications of eligible candidates are carefully reviewed by Expert committees based on a broad set of criteria including academic standing, previous qualifications, academic interests, career goals, consistency of choices, clarity of letter of intent, participation in social activities …etc. After which a list of qualified candidates is shortlisted for interviews.
- INTERVIEW: The shortlisted candidates are interviewed in more than 100 countries by interview committees including academicians and experts. Interviews usually last 15-30 minutes and are conducted in the following format: Welcome and introduction, Document check, Candidate’s motivation for applying, Academic knowledge and career goals, Ending and questions to the committee. Candidates who are selected for interviews must bring all transcripts, documents and certificates of each year they have studied if they have not graduated yet.
- SELECTION: Interview results of candidates nominated by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee and a list of candidates to be awarded a scholarship are formed. This final evaluation stage will assess the overall eligibility and suitability of the candidate for the scholarships.
Document To Prepare
For those who feel sure to apply the scholarships, it is important to notice the document preparation prior applying the opportunity. Several document shall be needed to provide such as listed in the below lists.
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
How To Apply
If you interest to apply Turkiye Burslari Scholarships and wish to get the opportunity, then directly apply through the following lists of ways.
- Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates.
- There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system. Therefore, make sure to prepare the documentation accordingly.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are free of charge. Therefore, do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system.
Be notice that Turkiye Burslari Scholarship deadline is up to 20 February 2020. However, even there still enough time to prepare the application, it is better to start collecting now. Only short listed candidates will able to pass the selection criteria. Anyone fail to fill in the application and submitting the required documentation will fail to pass the selection criteria. Therefore, always make sure that you have read the requirements above carefully and apply before the closing date. If you still not sure and require more information, feel free to access https://turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/en/announcement/turkiye-scholarships-2020-applications-open.