About the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW)
The Warsaw University of Life Sciences, oftentimes shortened to SGGW, is the largest university in the nation of Poland that mainly specializes in the field of Agriculture. Situated in the major city of Warsaw, there are about 2,600 staff and 1,200 educators that are passionate enough to instill the different types of knowledge within the field of agriculture. SGGW is home to 37 fields of studies, and 13 faculties that major in Agriculture Sciences, Economic Sciences, Life Sciences, Technical, and even Humanities. If you are a fellow Agriculture studies scholar who is willing to broaden your knowledge on the subject, then the Warsaw University of Life Sciences is definitely the next step in your academic career.
About the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship
The Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship is a program that is offered by the Warsaw University of Life Sciences as an initiative to promote their General Horticulture study program to all types of incoming students, either from within the European Union residency, or outside the European Union. The scholarship is provided to future Master’s Degree students and it will last for a total of 3 semesters (15 months = 1.5 years = 842 hours) over the time period of March 2020 until September 2021. Only 15 slots are made available for this scholarship, making the program as one of the most competitive scholarships held in SGGW.
The are a couple of reasons why candidates should partake in the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship. These include:
- Being equipped with the necessary competences and qualifications that will definitely be searched by future employers, especially the ones that prioritize a solid academic track record.
- Having their eyes opened and their horizons expanded as recipients will start being familiar with all of the worldwide solutions and trends that are currently happening within the General Horticulture spectrum.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to be involved with an international community of Horticulture academicians, scientists, researchers, companies, and of course, fellow students.
- Being involved in a diverse student body origination from different countries and backgrounds.
The Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship provides several financial awards for all of its well-deserving recipients. Through a partial funding system, all recipients of the scholarship will be entitled to a total amount of 19.500 PLN ($4.960 USD) over the course over 13 months. However, you will still be required to pay the fees of your first two semesters as your pursue your studies, which costs 4100 PLN ($1.040 USD) for each semester.
However, there is a way to get those two first semesters for free. All you have to do is to become the best student in your class, and you will be entitled to an all-expenses paid tuition for those two first semesters. So sharpen your pencils and get your head in the game. If you’d like to pursue this scholarship, you will have to work hard for it – for benefits like above, all the effort will definitely be worth it.
Does this scholarship already interest you yet? We hope so! However, before you start applying for the scholarship, all candidates must adhere to the eligibility criteria of the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship. Fulfilling this criteria is crucial towards the success of your future applications – failure to meet one of these criteria might be risky towards the outcome of your application procedure. Therefore, please double check if you’re eligible enough for the program or not.
The Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship eligibility criteria includes:
- Has graduated from the first-cycle studies and proceeded to earn a B.Sc degree specializing in the subject of Horticulture and Plant Agriculture.
- Has graduated from a field of study that specializes in either horticulture, agriculture, or any types of plant-based disciplines.
- Should you come from other fields of studies, you will be required to take part in a panel interview to make sure that you can still qualify for the scholarship program.
- An English Language certificate with a level of B2 Common European language description system. Or, proof that you have passed your English examinations during your first-circle studies.
- A valid signature as part of the declaration of involvement in this project.
Besides fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship, all candidates will also be asked to provide these requirements listed below. The purpose behind these documents are to fully support your application form and it allows that program committee to get to know you better on a much more personal, academic, and professional level. Therefore, make sure you quickly gather these documents as soon as possible.
The requirements for the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship are:
- A scan of your official Diploma during your first-cycle studies (e.g. a Bacehlor’s degree, or anything equivalent to that.)
- A scan of your official academic transcript of grades covering the whole course with apostille.
- A scan of proof that you are fluent in both written and spoken English (e.g. TOELF/IELTS results.)
- A scan of your most updated Curriculum Vitae complete with your past professional experiences.
- A soft copy of your motivation letter that explains to the committee the reason why you plan on pursuing a Master’s Degree in General Horticulture in Poland and why are you keen on this particular field of study. The motivation letter must be at least half a page.
How to Apply
Are you already excited to study in this country under the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship? Then let’s finally get started with the application process. Applications for this scholarship is simple. All you have to do is open up your laptop, switch on your Internet, and visit the General Hotriculture official website. From there on, click on the sidebar at the top right corner of the page, and then click on the “Application” button. You will instantly be redirected to the online application form. Or, if you’re looking for a shortcut, you can just click this link here and you will be directly transferred to the application page.
Fill in the application form with your respective personal details, such as Name, Birthdate, Gender, Previous Bachelor Degree, Knowledge of English, Country, Email, and Phone Number. Please fill all of these in with accurate details as the scholarship program has a zero tolerance policy regarding misinformation. Besides filling in your details, you will also be asked to upload soft files of the required documents that have been mentioned in this article previously. Once you have all that done, just click the “Send” button at the very bottom of the page. Don’t forget to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing them that you have sent in an application form.
Future candidates of the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship must take note of these several important dates that will be highlighted in the scholarship procedure. We kindly advise you to jot down these dates in your planner or phone so that you will never forget the dates that have been established by the programme. Failure to follow the dates may be disadvantageous to your applications, so write them down real quick!
Below are the important dates for the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship:
- Registration and Submission of Documents
- For all applicants residing outside of the European Union: 15 July 2019 – 30 November 2019
- For all applicants residing within the European Union: 15 July 2019 – 15 February 2020
- Announcement of Results
- For all applicants residing outside of the European Union: 30 January 2020
- For all applicants residing within the European Union: 25 February 2019
- Starting Date of Scholarship
- March 2020 (specific dates To Be Announced).
Regarding the starting date of the scholarship, please consult with the department once you have been accepted into the university. With the fact that the dates for both EU and non-EU students verily differ, make sure you don’t have these dates switched up. Always double check on all of these dates, either on this article or on their official website.
We here understand that different groups of candidates have different types of questions that needs further information. These inquiries may be as simple as when the closing date of this scholarship, to the heavier ones such as the validity of requirements that are asked of the application procedure. Nevertheless, if any of you still have any inquiries or concerns about the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship but couldn’t find the answers on this article, don’t worry! We have all of you settled!
Below are some of the official contacts of the Project General Horticulture Study in Poland Scholarship that you may reach out just in case you need to ask a thing or two about the scholarship. Remember to ask all of the questions that have to be answered as any type of misinformation could be risky towards the results of your scholarship application. Last but not least, remember to put in your very best, and let the results speak for themselves. Happy applying, future scholars of the world!
Address: 159 Nowoursynowska Street, 02-776 Warsaw, Poland, Building 35
Phone Number: +48 509 088 485 or +48 22 593 20 06
Official Website: http://generalhorticulture.pl/
5 thoughts on “The Project General Horticulture Scholarships to Study in Poland”
I need to follow the MSC course in horticulture.
If i don’t have English certificate, can i apply this scholarship. i was studied for 5 year to agriculture science with English language at Yezin Agriculture University to get Agriculture Bachelor degree.
Please reply me.
I do think you can apply, just provide them a certificate as proof of your studies in English.
Can I apply first degree?
I am from Ghana and with bachelor in forestry from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. I also boast of 5+ years of professional experience in seedlings production and management. So I want to enquire can I apply for this program please?
Thank you in advance
Comments are closed.